By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Harry Kane

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
proxy.jpg

If this is true happy days!!!

Last edited:
Flump

Flump

Founding Member
100 grand a week according to 'The Sun', to whom Levy is always more than happy to divulge the financial agreements between players and the club. Not.
For so long there was a small group of clubs who paid the big wages and then we were next and then the rest. Now there seem to be plenty of clubs who are literally throwing everything at it in terms of transfer fees and wages and we need to be careful what we do. Obviously we don't want to go mental, but we also have worked hard to get into a position in the league that belies our spending, and to throw that away by being over prudent would be a mistake I think.
I'm sure Harry realises he could get a lot more from other clubs so kudos to him for showing us some loyalty in that respect. I'm guessing it will now lead to a succession of players beating on the chairman's door for a rise which I'm assume he is wary of. 100 grand a week for a golden boot winner in his early 20's is a great deal.

River

River

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if he would be signing that if he had an amazing Euro's scoring every game and making the difference in the team ? Would be alot more after him if he had and probably alot more money on the table imo.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I wonder if he would be signing that if he had an amazing Euro's scoring every game and making the difference in the team ? Would be alot more after him if he had and probably alot more money on the table imo.
I honestly think qualifying for CL,the team unity and the big shiney new stadium will prevent most heads being turned ATM.Who would not want to be just be patient for 2 years and not play in the NWHL??Well thats my big hope!!
I cannot see how united putting everyone on 250k a week is sustainable,richest club and all that I know,but how did buying mata,fellaini,falcao turn out, and lets not even discuss chelsea`s finances cos no europe now,its going to be a mess when reported in 2years time.

Back to your point,there has to come a time when loyalty and personal happiness overrides instant financial gratification,and those are the players we want,I mean £12m pa or £25m pa its a big difference but its really money you just dont need,the fact ambitions are met is all important.Yahboo united,liverpool,chelsea,city did they not finish below us,somewhere that has to count in playing for a side,and as long as we stay in the top area,hopefully Kane and others will stay too.Him signing is a statement of intent from the club and hopefully others follow.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
100 grand a week according to 'The Sun', to whom Levy is always more than happy to divulge the financial agreements between players and the club. Not.
For so long there was a small group of clubs who paid the big wages and then we were next and then the rest. Now there seem to be plenty of clubs who are literally throwing everything at it in terms of transfer fees and wages and we need to be careful what we do. Obviously we don't want to go mental, but we also have worked hard to get into a position in the league that belies our spending, and to throw that away by being over prudent would be a mistake I think.
I'm sure Harry realises he could get a lot more from other clubs so kudos to him for showing us some loyalty in that respect. I'm guessing it will now lead to a succession of players beating on the chairman's door for a rise which I'm assume he is wary of. 100 grand a week for a golden boot winner in his early 20's is a great deal.
This is spot on and why 'new' big money signings like Batshuyai would have made no sense, whereas Janssen reportedly offered £35,000 a week makes absolute sense. We're not Chelsea, United or City spunking cash all over the place and still under achieving....If anything Leicester proved last season that a united motivated squad and good manager can achieve as much if not more than a bunch of over paid mercenaries.

Harry is not in the moneyball camp and credit to him. It's very important with the new stadium financing being an issue, that we keep the core group and mindset together..they all seem happy for now and to be honest are well rewarded, by any other measure other than football, I think we're in a good place.

River

River

Administrator
Staff member
Totally agree, Wasnt saying that Kane would have been tempted at all as the team spirit with the lads is great to see, but It would have been interesting to see if there was more of a influx to sign him if he had brought in the goods during the Euros.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Totally agree, Wasnt saying that Kane would have been tempted at all as the team spirit with the lads is great to see, but It would have been interesting to see if there was more of a influx to sign him if he had brought in the goods during the Euros.
Yeah i get that, but to be honest, he didn't do much wrong. He never really got enough service and when he did get a couple of chances the keeper was in the right place. His last two seasons speak volumes and probably more than 3 appearances at the euro's where Hodgson tried to knock square pegs into round holes.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Yeah i get that, but to be honest, he didn't do much wrong. He never really got enough service and when he did get a couple of chances the keeper was in the right place. His last two seasons speak volumes and probably more than 3 appearances at the euro's where Hodgson tried to knock square pegs into round holes.
1st two games Kane received 0 passes in the pen area.Clueless in as no plan A or B and seemed to be making up as we went along.Hodgson lost his mind.

River

River

Administrator
Staff member
The fact he was taking corners is bad enough, no question that the tactics and man management were way off during internationals, great shame as I believed that this was probably one of the most exciting selection of england players to shake things up a little for a very long time. Although some choices were poor.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Drawing with Russia and Slovakia and losing to Iceland, which other teams took apart says it all I'm afraid. Until the FA gets a shake up and a younger more progressive manager, we'll continue to struggle I'm afraid, in spite of the talent at our disposal. There is a big difference between the premier league and major tournament football.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Drawing with Russia and Slovakia and losing to Iceland, which other teams took apart says it all I'm afraid. Until the FA gets a shake up and a younger more progressive manager, we'll continue to struggle I'm afraid, in spite of the talent at our disposal. There is a big difference between the premier league and major tournament football.
Hodgepodge should join here, I've already won THREE trophies and I've only been here 5 minutes! That was a joke, nobody invite him, or that other bloke.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
The fact he was taking corners is bad enough, no question that the tactics and man management were way off during internationals, great shame as I believed that this was probably one of the most exciting selection of england players to shake things up a little for a very long time. Although some choices were poor.
Englands performance or lack of performance shows how crucial a good manger is imo. I mean Kane taking corners is ridiculous.
We're lucky we have Pochettino and everything he has brought to the club, the togetherness, getting the best out of Kane, Dier etc.
I know its a bit off topic but the battle of Stamford bridge last season was an absolute defining moment for me about not only Kane's commitment to the club but also that of Dier, Rose etc. Hope to god they hang around for a long long while.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
No way this guy was ever firing blanks!!

Congrats,now just call him Michael!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Huge season as every cunt is just waiting for an excuse to knock him as a 2 season wonder after rhis perceived failure over the summer with England.

We do need to get him the service he requires and facilitate a plan b that frees him up when teams try to mark him out of the game.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Happy birthday to our little 2 season wonder.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The funny thing is that really he is a 3 season wonder, cos in the 2013-14 season he only played 5 games in the Premier League for us where he got more than half an hour on the pitch and he scored in 3 of those, that is a good strike rate. His minutes per goal for that season was 165 and that ain't bad - that would get you into the top 20 all time goal scorers - luckily he's sorted himself out now and his average is 134 minutes - the 5th best all time in the PL, apart from that he's shite because he didn't single handedly win the Euros.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
The funny thing is that really he is a 3 season wonder, cos in the 2013-14 season he only played 5 games in the Premier League for us where he got more than half an hour on the pitch and he scored in 3 of those, that is a good strike rate. His minutes per goal for that season was 165 and that ain't bad - that would get you into the top 20 all time goal scorers - luckily he's sorted himself out now and his average is 134 minutes - the 5th best all time in the PL, apart from that he's shite because he didn't single handedly win the Euros.
Yeah, you know if he has a start like he did last season, where he didn't score for a few games, that shit will start getting stirred around again. He seems a pretty mentally tough fellow, though, don't see him taking it to heart in any case.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Yeah, you know if he has a start like he did last season, where he didn't score for a few games, that shit will start getting stirred around again. He seems a pretty mentally tough fellow, though, don't see him taking it to heart in any case.
It's blooming bonkers the way some numpties expect Harry or any other human bean to be on top form all the time, looking at the stats on my goalishious site, even folks like Alan Shearer had a run of 17 games without scoring in the Premier League, and he will probably never be beaten as top striker in the PL.

I think you're right, his head is screwed on properly and he won't do a Ronaldo if he isn't scoring every game. The numpties in the other place can whine as much as they want, like they did last season - as long as they don't come here and do it I will be happy.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Desperately need him to kick in now and occupy defenders so there's room for others to switch on the style.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I think once we have Dembele back you'll see more creativity from this side as his driving runs often mean defenders and dm's (not the skin head boots) are pulled towards him and taken out of the game for a brief passage of play which allows the three behind the striker that bit more time and space to do something creative resulting in more chances for kane. Considering he already has a goal and hasn't scored so early in the season previously (in the league anyway) I think he can score more than last year l, so no pressure Mr Kane.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
WARNING - do not visit the other place's Harry Kane thread. There are hundreds of posts by people who know better than Poch and Harry himself about scoring goals at Premier league and CL level football and why it's not working.

They are probably the same people who said the same things last year and the year before that. Now where's my gun........

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
WARNING - do not visit the other place's Harry Kane thread. There are hundreds of posts by people who know better than Poch and Harry himself about scoring goals at Premier league and CL level football and why it's not working.

They are probably the same people who said the same things last year and the year before that. Now where's my gun........
Dont worry wont be long til

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

OK you made me look.May I suggest replying to him with this mate

I take it you know how to embed videos??

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
OK you made me look.May I suggest replying to him with this mate

I take it you know how to embed videos??
@ParkLaneMal has already called it...the same idiots said the same things for the last two years. They've grown up a bit though.. some are now at high school.

BigDub

BigDub

Founding Member
Great to see him back on the training pitch. It's just vital he doesn't return until he's 100% ready. Luckily with the added depth we've got this season we aren't forced to rush him back. Have no doubt he'll hit the ground running when he does return.