By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Heung-min Son

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
OMG you weren't joking. They are out! Maybe god does love us?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Stolen from Twitter, great Pic
1550074041406.png

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Has done a quite magnificent job given his workload this season.

It looks like the extended break will come at a good time for Sonny though. He appears utterly cooked right now, which is understandable.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
At the very least they should reduce it to a one-match ban. That would be reasonable. With our luck they'll retroactively suspend Dier.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Now we're potentially properly fucked, just seen that Sonny's out for a 'number of weeks' after fracturing his arm. Just when you think things are maybe starting to turn a corner, something like this happens, especially when you look at the games we've got coming up. Looking more like a genius idea not to get a striker in in January!! FFS

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Now we're potentially properly fucked, just seen that Sonny's out for a 'number of weeks' after fracturing his arm. Just when you think things are maybe starting to turn a corner, something like this happens, especially when you look at the games we've got coming up. Looking more like a genius idea not to get a striker in in January!! FFS
How?

Troy Parrott cometh the hour cometh the man? or a first XI that looks like this with squad 'changes' in brackets?

Hugo
Aurier, Toby, Sanchez, Davies (Vertonghen) (Tanganga) (Cirkin) (Foyth)
Lo Celso Winks (Dier) (NDombele) (Skipp)
Moura Dele, Lamela (Sessegnon)
Bergwijn (Parrott)

We'll survive, but struggle maybe?

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Thank god for the Bergwijn signing.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Its Ok,we can stick Tanganga upfront,he can do anything.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
BREAKING: Jose Mourinho says he does not expect Heung-Min Son to play again this season after suffering a broken arm.

Mourinho on younger options: "My thoughts are that Troy Parrott is not ready and Ryan Sessegnon is not a striker.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Mourinho's comments

"I'm not going to count on him again this season," said Mourinho.
Earlier on Tuesday, a Spurs statement said Son - who has scored in his past five matches for the club - would be sidelined for "a number of weeks" with the injury.
Mourinho added: "If he plays two or three games then it's because he [Tottenham's press officer] is very optimistic, and I hope he is right. But, in my mind, I'm not thinking about that.
"We are going to miss him. The club wrote a nice statement. If I was the one to write the statement, I would write different."
Son's absence means 27-year-old Brazilian Lucas Moura, 22-year-old Dutchman Steven Bergwijn, signed in January, and Republic of Ireland international Troy Parrott are Tottenham's only fit forwards, though Mourinho believes 18-year-old Parrott "is not ready" to play at senior level.
"The situation couldn't be worse. That is obvious," added the Portuguese. "There is nothing we can do. We are going to play with the players we have available.
"I was worried about not having attacking options on the bench, now I don't have attacking options on the pitch.
"My thoughts are that Troy Parrott is not ready and [19-year-old English winger] Ryan Sessegnon is not a striker.
"No strikers, no market. Nothing. The only help we can have is our crowd, the Tottenham supporters. That is the only thing I ask because to the players I cannot ask more than what they are giving."

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
For fuck sake...

I can't see Troy not getting minutes.... I mean let's assume Bergewin/Lucas are able to bag a few goals, they are going to need to be protected if we do grab a few and subbed... we cant consistently flog the shit out of them and expect them not to break...

I hope the lad can shoulder this responsibility

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
For fuck sake...

I can't see Troy not getting minutes.... I mean let's assume Bergewin/Lucas are able to bag a few goals, they are going to need to be protected if we do grab a few and subbed... we cant consistently flog the shit out of them and expect them not to break...

I hope the lad can shoulder this responsibility
Spot on, that's the problem with injuries that I never heard people talking about--they have a knock-on effect by forcing others to play too much. When you have a thin squad, you're always one or two injuries away from really fucking things up in the long run. I enjoy watching a bit of Dutch football, but of course it's nowhere near the same pace and physicality--Bergwijn's been thrown straight into PL competition, and if he continues to feature every time out, I'd not be surprised to see him pick up an injury too.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Spot on, that's the problem with injuries that I never heard people talking about--they have a knock-on effect by forcing others to play too much. When you have a thin squad, you're always one or two injuries away from really fucking things up in the long run. I enjoy watching a bit of Dutch football, but of course it's nowhere near the same pace and physicality--Bergwijn's been thrown straight into PL competition, and if he continues to feature every time out, I'd not be surprised to see him pick up an injury too.
I must be ITK 😬

We resigned vorm when lloris got injured,and although with hindsight it was a waste of time and money,it was prudent.So isnt it prudent to sign cover for kane,I fear all we will do is run Son and dele in particular in to the ground,what happens feb 1st if we lose either of them?
And then fullbacks,we have aurier,sessegnon,tanganga and the injured davies,at a push vertongen and dier can provide some cover,we are now massively short in this position,if aurier (lol) gets injured we basically have 2 kids or 2 immobile players at full back.Its a worry isnt it?

Or we could sign just one more midfielder,you never know that the 10 we have could all get crocked and leave us short in this area.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
So his arm has healed up then?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
He'll come back a much better marksman / shooter.

Ouch. Sorry. for the poor humour. Still reeling from too much lamb, patates & tzatziki over the weekend.
Last of the left over lamb tonight!!end of an era.....