By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Heung-min Son

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Great break out performance yesterday against Sunderland,deservedly MOTM.
heung-min-son-tottenham-051117_14lk920qmnj951xdaj4nt339mm.jpg

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...or-summer-move-reveals-mauricio-a3348011.html
proxy.jpg

Mauricio Pochettino has revealed that Heung-min Son wanted to leave Tottenham this summer, but decided to stay and fight for his place in the team.

Son missed part of Spurs' pre-season training after opting to represent South Korea at the Rio Olympics where his nation were eliminated by Honduras in the quarter finals.

After returning to England, he went on to make his first appearance of the season in Spurs' 4-0 thrashing of Stoke City last weekend - a game he scored twice in - but, against Monaco in the Champions League on Wednesday, Son was hauled off at half-time and replaced by Mousa Dembele as Tottenham were losing 2-1.
Spurs' Premier League game at home to Sunderland on Sunday was a different story for the 24-year-old, however, after the forward put in a superb performance as the north Londoners got back to winning ways with a 1-0 win over the Black Cats.
After the game, which sent Spurs into third place in the Premier League standings, Pochettino explained how Son reacted to not being granted a transfer away from the club in the summer and admitted he has been left impressed with the forward's attitude.

"For him last season was tough. He came to see me and said 'I need your help'," Pochettino said.
"I said, 'okay, always my door is open' and we decide to stay. He is a quiet person, nice person and then you need to fight for your place.

"But it's true from the beginning after the Olympic Games his idea was to leave to go to Germany. One thing is what the player wants, the other is the club decision.In his mind, he would like to move, but in the end he accepted to stay and fight for his position."

Last edited:
LakewoodSpur

LakewoodSpur

Founding Member
He seems to be playing with supreme confidence rampaging down the left side -- oh, but for the width of the post he would have had a goal on Sunday. He's had a good start to the season and with the likelihood of Harry being out for a while, Poch will need Sonny to keep daring to push the play.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Been top quality in his last two league games. Long may this continue!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Wish I'd put the Son in my fantasy team 2 weeks ago rather than Lamela, tough choices with our Rolls Royce midfield options.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Son Heung-min has struggled to maintain the form that saw him named Premier League player of the month for September but the Tottenham Hotspur striker says his mental strength will be key in South Korea's World Cup qualifier against Uzbekistan.

"It's true that I've struggled after winning the award because of an ankle injury," Son, who has scored 17 goals in 51 matches for South Korea, told reporters before national team training at Seoul World Cup Stadium on Tuesday.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
He turned the game against the pikeys yesterday, while Winks, Janssen and Kane rightly got the top 3 spots in the Player Rating thread, our cheeky smiley Kree'an boy should not be forgotten.

boo

boo

Founding Member
Spurs ace Son Heung-min says he has been playing through the pain barrier but believes he is close to finding his best form again.

Son scored his sixth goal of the season on Saturday as his flying half-volley helped Spurs to a thumping win over strugglers Swansea.

The South Korean enjoyed an excellent start to the campaign, with five goals in as many matches, and he was superb when Tottenham blew away Manchester City on October 2.

Since then, however, Son's form has tailed off. His rhythm has been disrupted by two international breaks, with Mauricio Pochettino having to rest him in games immediately afterwards due to the amount of travel involved.

Son also picked up an ankle injury on his last outing for South Korea and his stunning goal against Swansea, which he said was the "best of my career", was his first in 11 matches.

"I've been a bit unlucky with small injuries," Son said. "I had a little bit of a small injury here and in the national team I also did. I'm really fine now and I'm just looking forward to scoring many and helping Spurs as much as possible.

"I was playing with a small injury but every footballer has small injuries. I think everyone is the same, but every footballer has pain or little injuries.

"I've also been travelling a lot with the national team. Now I can stay until maybe March to play here, training really well and recovering well, and I think I feel fresher than in the last two months."

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I like Son.

A bit more consistency and he could be a very very good stable player.

He's only getting better so top work and keep it up son.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
He's right that anyone playing at a high level in any sport carries small injuries most of the time but I think ankle injuries really impact on performance for a footballer, you really need maximum flexibility and confidence in that joint to be at your best, especially when it's your dominant foot.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
The thing is that it's very very tough at the top....and there are very few places available, so you have to be very very good, all the time, look at where Mason, Chadli, Austin, Berahino Welbeck, and hundreds of others are now....all good enough for the Premiership but not for the top teams.

Tough tough world, I reckon Son has one more season to try and prove himself and maybe Lamela as well.....or resign themselves to being part of a squad at a top club.

Funny how Chadli now looks fantastic at WBA like others have when they've stepped down down a peg.....

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
May turn out to be a great player. However, needs to lift his head and look for a teammate occasionally. To often tries to take it on himself and whilst there is a time and a place for that the great players know when to offload and when to go it alone.

Has scored some great goals this season and created a few too but has burnt as many as he has been involved in. He absolutely torched Walker on Saturday and Walker was pissed.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
In minutes per goal in the league, Son, with 145 mins is only behind Kane (104 mins),Aguero (124 mins),Lukaku (125 mins) and Zlatan (143 mins)

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
In minutes per goal in the league, Son, with 145 mins is only behind Kane (104 mins),Aguero (124 mins),Lukaku (125 mins) and Zlatan (143 mins)
How many goals is that based on? If it's more than 9 then it is true, if it is less then it ain't.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
How many goals is that based on? If it's more than 9 then it is true, if it is less then it ain't.

Was just based off the top 25 on the BBC Sport Premier League Top Scorers page.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
David Beckham is coming! Gotta love big Kev, although the big fella did look a little short of any love! Sure there was a minor attempt at "when the Spurs go marching in", didn't really take off though, it's the thought that counts!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Depending on the break, shouldn't be too bad? Vardy played in some form of forearm light cast for last season? back by September?

Whats the prognosis on Rose and Lamela?

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Any word on sons injury yet? Saw he was doing some light training recently but haven't heard anything more!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
He scored both goals apparently

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
He's a top player... I think more and more time in the team would only see even more end product.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
He's a top player... I think more and more time in the team would only see even more end product.
Yes he's decent but he's got a lot of good competition around him and we can't fit 'em all in. 20+ goals last season no small achievement and he's never let us down as far as I can remember

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Yes he's decent but he's got a lot of good competition around him and we can't fit 'em all in. 20+ goals last season no small achievement and he's never let us down as far as I can remember
he`s no left back tho :p

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
I agree with @Yid 100%, he's a top player. Obviously he has a lot of competition for the limelight in this side but he's one of my favourites. He scored 20 goals last season, not as a regular starter, and despite missing plenty as well. I wish he was given more time too.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I agree with @Yid 100%, he's a top player. Obviously he has a lot of competition for the limelight in this side but he's one of my favourites. He scored 20 goals last season, not as a regular starter, and despite missing plenty as well. I wish he was given more time too.
Assuming everyone is fit then where does Son go/replace? I've had a go below....with the wing back thing...

Hugo
Tripps Toby Sanchez Jan Davies
Dele Dier
Eriksen Son
Kane

Is that it? Obviously there's room for swapping favourites Dier/Wanyama/Dembele Tripps/Aurier etc

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Assuming everyone is fit then where does Son go/replace? I've had a go below....with the wing back thing...

Hugo
Tripps Toby Sanchez Jan Davies
Dele Dier
Eriksen Son
Kane

Is that it? Obviously there's room for swapping favourites Dier/Wanyama/Dembele Tripps/Aurier etc
That looks very decent. It's also on Son to improve though. He does have a tendency to have ineffective spells in games so consistency is what he needs to work on I think. I will also have a dilemma between Rose and Davies when Rose is fit. Davies has done absolutely nothing wrong since he stepped in. I'm still slightly in team Rose but it has to be pre injury Rose and not a weakened version. There will also be a much stronger bench to back that 11 up too.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Sons right up there as one of my favourites. I absolutely love his passion and commitment to the cause. He's a serious goal threat to.

Great with both feet and very quick. It's tough though as Alli and Eriksen tend to be first choices and I hate when he is shoe horned in that full back roll.