By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Is Mourinio right?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
No,not about their fans being shite but about english clubs not receiving any help from the FA/PL when playing in european competitions.
This is the scenario,on Sunday Jose´s man utd play palace,in the last game of the season,a day when all 20 clubs play at the same time for obvious reasons.Man utd then play Ajax in the europa league final on weds evening.(ICYMI the Eredivisie finished its 34 match schedule last weds,giving Ajax a week off.or a week to lose match sharpness if you so wish).Jose says any other league would move the fixture to help its member club in european competition,he says United are 6th and Palace are safe from relegation so the FA could have moved it to saturday.Mourinho said he will field several youngsters for Sunday's match at Old Trafford, adding: "I hope you don't kill me when you see my team.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39959480

No doubt Spain and Italy appear sympathetic to CL clubs fixtures,often playing fri/sat before midweek CL fixtures,but then again Barca,Real,Juve are in leagues where the top few clubs wield real power with the associations and TV companies.So does Jose have a point??

Well here`s my opinion,not trying to be biased cos its Jose whingeing again or its Man utd,BUT....
1.When we played thurs nights,we had to get on with it,is it different just because it is a final?We had a rough deal I seem to remember with fixtures.
2.Jose and man utd have traditionally disrespected domestic competitions,withdrew from fa cup,like most PL teams field weakened sides in the league cup I have to say,but now for several weeks they have been fielding weakened sides in the PL,fair to city or liverpool chasing arsenal for top 4,when Jose sent the stooges out at arsenal?Yes even though it helped us secure 2nd place,is that really fair to city who could have taken runners up spot,before what was a severe 2nd string at the lane finale.
3.Palace sit 13th and could finish as high as 11th or as low as 16th that is quite a chunk of prize money either way for palace and the others in and around there.
4.I remember we got fined for fielding a weakened side in ´84 2 days before the 1st leg at southampton,losing 5-0 here is the side http://www.11v11.com/matches/southampton-v-tottenham-hotspur-07-may-1984-87155/ ,we did field a strong team for the final league home game with ironically man u but that was 10 days before the 2nd leg.
5.Every club prioritises certain competitions,the fact Jose bet the house on EL is not the FA`s,PL´s or palace´s problem.I didnt hear him complaining about fixtures when it was at other clubs expense.
6.If this fixture had been changed,you would have to change them all the time for european competition,will man utd accept a lower amount from the TV deal because they want to fuck around with the deal when it suits them?
7.Ok I give in,Jose is a massive tool and deserves no sympathy,neither do the so called worlds richest club.

Fucking man up you plum,if your squad isnt up to it dont ask for favours,chump.I ll be honest,I would expect a fine if he sends a kids team out,its no ones fault but uniteds that they can finish no higher than 6th.

Last edited:
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
No,not about their fans being shite but about english clubs not receiving any help from the FA/PL when playing in european competitions.
This is the scenario,on Sunday Jose´s man utd play palace,in the last game of the season,a day when all 20 clubs play at the same time for obvious reasons.Man utd then play Ajax in the europa league final on weds evening.(ICYMI the Eredivisie finished its 34 match schedule last weds,giving Ajax a week off.or a week to lose match sharpness if you so wish).Jose says any other league would move the fixture to help its member club in european competition,he says United are 6th and Palace are safe from relegation so the FA could have moved it to saturday.Mourinho said he will field several youngsters for Sunday's match at Old Trafford, adding: "I hope you don't kill me when you see my team.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39959480

No doubt Spain and Italy appear sympathetic to CL clubs fixtures,often playing fri/sat before midweek CL fixtures,but then again Barca,Real,Juve are in leagues where the top few clubs wield real power with the associations and TV companies.So does Jose have a point??

Well here`s my opinion,not trying to biased cos its Jose whinging again or its Man utd,BUT....
1.When we played thurs nights,we had to get on with it,is it different just because it is a final?We had a rough deal I seem to remember with fixtures.
2.Jose and man utd have traditionally disrespected domestic competitions,withdrew from fa cup,like most PL teams field weakened sides in the league cup I have to say,but now for several weeks they have been fielding weakened sides in the PL,fair to city or liverpool chasing arsenal for top 4,when Jose sent the stooges out at arsenal?Yes even though it helped us secure 2nd place,is that really fair to city who could have taken runners up spot,before what was a severe 2nd string at the lane finale.
3.Palace sit 13th and could finish as high as 11th or as low as 16th that is quite a chunk of prize money either way for palace and the others in and around there.
4.I remember we got fined for fielding a weakened side in ´84 2 days before the 1st leg at southampton,losing 5-0 here is the side http://www.11v11.com/matches/southampton-v-tottenham-hotspur-07-may-1984-87155/,we did field a strong team for the final league home game with ironically man u but that was 10 days before the 2nd leg.
5.Every club prioritises certain competitions,the fact Jose bet the house on EL is not the FA`s,PL´s or palace´s problem.I didnt hear him complaining about fixtures when it was at other clubs expense.
6.If this fixture had been changed,you would have to change them all the time for european competition,will man utd accept a lower amount from the TV deal because they want to fuck around with the deal when it suits them?
7.Ok I give in,Jose is a massive tool and deserves no sympathy,neither do the so called worlds richest club.

Fucking man up you plum,if your squad isnt up to it dont ask for favours,chump.I ll be honest,I would expect a fine if he sends a kids team out,its no ones fault but uniteds that they can finish no higher than 6th.
'Fucking man up you plum' - yep, that sums it up for me. Whingeing cunt.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Apparently its going to be a 3 man panel reviewing,an ex match official,an ex manager and an ex player,

so mike dean,ossie ardiles and graham roberts will do me,
reality is howard webb,alex ferguson and ashely young

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Doesn't everyone realise by now that Mourinho is just a blinkered, selfish, graceless, prick. I think most do and that's why he's not going to get any help any time soon. The bloke is a bore, so are his teams and his comments. Fuck off Mourinho, which he probably will after he has spent £750m of United's money and not won the league.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
The guys an overrated prick. Wins trophies while managing the best team, struggles with shit ones

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Don't like him, never will. I absolutely echo everything @Don Diaz has said. Personally, he has dragged manure down to his level. Might seem a strange thing to say but over the years whether we agree or not, manure have always had a reputation for playing good attacking football and he has spunked a shitload of cash on a manure side who are terrible to watch. I hope Ajax demolish them. They courted him for long enough as he did them. They are welcome to him.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'd offer up the suggestion they continue to show the league the contempt they have shown it with their shite negative performances for the whole season and field a weakened team and put all their eggs in one basket.

I can't give too many fucks about what that Portuguese cunt says.

Fuck him and that shit team.