By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Isco

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
So, this is interesting. Seems the club (or the media) has been reading posts again:)

After the Everton game we were saying how Eriksen looked lacklustre and it would benefit us to not only get some extra creativity who can compete with Eriksen if he is off-colour, but someone with proper Champions League pedigree. Isco immediately came to mind.

Within a week of that conversation this appeared:

Tottenham eye move for Isco

Well, seeing as I was already excited about a potential move for Isco BEFORE we were even linked, I think my views on this are pretty obvious, lol. Apparently, we're "favourites" ...... I think a bit of wee just came out

Last edited:
Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I'd be over the moon with this signing! I think he'd keep all the players in the 3 behind the striker on their toes. He can play the pressing game in any of those 3 positions so would offer amazing strength in depth. I see him as better than what we currently have there so would be a starter most weeks for me.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Well the last time we got a Real Madrid reject at the end of the transfer window...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I was looking forward to jizzing on my own face...

Oh well.I I'll have to find another excuse.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Isco wasn't to be but I have to say I'm quite content with our signings. U wouldn't say we have any glamour signings really but we've shipped out some average playersand replaced with quality. Wanyama, Sissoko, and Jansen will be good players for us, Pau, and N'Koudou I don't know enough about to judge but seem exciting young players. Considering we're saving dosh for the stadium that's a fairly good summer spend. I also think a few of our players will improve this year, Lamela and Son especially, and potentially Alli too.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
"Daniel, let's buy Isco. He'll sell a hell of a lot of shirts"
"No, buy Sissoko. 3 letters more & £5 dearer"

CrOCjvGWcAAq_6E.jpg

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I was looking forward to jizzing on my own face...

Oh well.I I'll have to find another excuse.
Does Sissoko and N'Koudou not do it for you then........!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
He had his chance, his loss not ours.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'd say he clearly didn't want to come to us if he now wants a move...

I'd wager if in January there was the chance of a premiership winners medal in the offing he'd change his fcuking tune.

But then I'd wager that so would we as we would clearly not need the show pony (sour grapes) cunt.

LakewoodSpur

LakewoodSpur

Founding Member
I think he knew Tom Carroll was signing a new contract. ;)

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
He had his opportunity to sign for us, he didn't impress Mauricio in his interview so he blow it and will have to settle for the sinking chav ship or some other gloomy fate.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
So this Isco chat doesn't appear to be going away....if you believe the click bait media... Who is he going to replace anyway? Eriksen? Lamela? Son? I'm not sure that he can even hold a regular starting place in RM first team, so maybe he has the huge potential as touted and Poch wants to get his hands on him and turn him into the brilliant player he has the potential for.

I'm not convinced, but I guess it might up Lamela's variable form (for example) a bit....depends on the price which could be very high.

boo

boo

Founding Member
Fri, Oct 7, 2016 - Reports in Spain say Tottenham are planning bid for Real Madrid star

[brown]

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Maybe it's just a slow news week.........I hate these International breaks, the lads will have been on such a high after City and then they get Gareth Southgate and Malta, or Roberto Martinez for the Belgian boys.... when we could have gone out and smashed WBA tomorrow instead.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Maybe it's just a slow news week.........I hate these International breaks, the lads will have been on such a high after City and then they get Gareth Southgate and Malta, or Roberto Martinez for the Belgian boys.... when we could have gone out and smashed WBA tomorrow instead.
International weeks are dull as dishwater mate, so dull that I agreed to work all weekend! I'll get a day off next Saturday when we play West Brom though!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Spurs flying high.... His career faltering.... easy column inches for the rags

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
If he wants to come for £25m and £75,000 a week then fine.....otherwise or in any case if everyone we have now is on form we don't need him?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I hope he comes,someone on twitter said if we signed him he would get "isco inferno" tattooed on his arse cheeks,

i have it stored just incase!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The way I see this is.....

We declared our intent to him and his club but he and his club were uninterested, for what ever reason.

He is now firmly not in their gaffer's plans and it will take a good few injuries for him to get any sort of game time.

We gave Citeh a bit of a hiding and declared to the Prem and the rest of the world we may not be a flash in the pan and most definately are not making up the numbers in the Premier League.

We have now become attractive to this player and maybe his club as somwhere where they can park their expensive toy until they actually need it.

Now it is without a shadow of a doubt that this fella was a monstrous player who I declared I would jizz on my own face with excitement if we were to sign him.....

However why has he fallen so far down Madrid pecking order.
Why is he now interested when just a few months ago he clearly was not.
Does Poch know him... Very important that Poch can work with him and get him to buy into grafting his skillful little arse off first and foremost for the team.
Do we need him.
Can we afford him.

For me all those questions have to be answered before we sign the lad, but I'm sure if this does a have legs and isn't contrived lazy recycled journalism that the Poch will have answered all of those and more.

Ultimately I think the lad is a very Spursy player and I'd love to see him thrive under Poch.

I 100% trust the Poch do do the right thing here and let's face it if Levy doesn't agree he'll vetoed it and close his wallet regardless.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
He is a very very good player who can't get a game there, but I'd think wages would be a big stumbling block. I could see a January loan deal, especially if we're still near the top of the table, but not a permanent one.

boo

boo

Founding Member
all over the media today:

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is reportedly still interested in Real Madrid star Isco and is eyeing a January loan move for the Spaniard.

According to The Mirror, Spurs made an enquiry for the playmaker during the summer transfer window but didn’t follow up their interest as the reported move lost momentum.

However, they still wish to pursue him but could now face a more difficult task given that the former Malaga man has now started five of the last six games for the La Liga giants and is seemingly working his way into Zinedine Zidane’s plans.

The complaint in the summer off the back of last season was that he may not get the playing time that he wants at this stage of his career, but ultimately it looks as though he’s impressed the Real boss enough to warrant a place in his starting line-up in recent weeks.

Nevertheless, the 24-year-old remains on Tottenham’s radar as they look to solve what is becoming a real issue in terms of goals in the side.

Pochettino’s men are winless in five games and have scored just three goals in that run as they are now feeling the effects of Harry Kane being out with injury.

Only Manchester United have a worse scoring record after 10 games in the Premier League than Spurs, and given that he will not want to have an over reliance on Kane again this year, perhaps a move for Isco could gather pace between now and the end of January.

It’s added in the report that Isco has just 18 months remaining on his current contract and so perhaps that will give Spurs some hope as they look to take advantage of any sign of uncertainty about his future in the Spanish capital.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Wages?any idea what he is likely on?For me thats a bigger obstacle than any fee.
TBH i rarely watch spanish football and when I say rarely I mean not at all!Havent a scooby about if he is or isnt any good,whats the general view point?is he worth all the knicker wetting I have seen online?I will be happy if he signs,just so someone can make good on a promise if we do take him;)