By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

ITK

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Arm raised in the air means;another crap corner is coming.

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
Ummmm, is that the right or the left arm???

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
A few games Son took the corners and most of em were really quite dangerous .......no to Kane taking em, ever

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Who: Grey Fox
When: 17th January
Where: SC

Poch wants two specific players who would be "first teamers" and if we can't get them this window we will go after them again in the summer. Wasn't given names this time , but suspect Isco is one of them based on previous conversations. The £4.5m being quoted is what Swansea offered initially, it will probably be closer to £6.5m plus add ons coming to £8m .(Note from A&C, I suspect this is Carroll)

Davies not going anywhere this window. We have put out some feelers re a number of younger players on a buy now and loan back basis, but nothing concrete yet. A couple of our youth will go on loan. Poch is extremely happy with the feeling around the club, the togetherness, the growing maturity and winning mentality.

We won't be buying anyone from Jorge Mendes stable, Levy has given a dictate not to deal with him again.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Let's go "all in" and get Greizeman, we can afford to up our spending from 1m over the last 5 years, to 85m, otherwise Man Utd or city, will buy him in the summer and we need him now

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Who: The Goat
When: 15th June

It's your life Brian, Romeo & Juliet are together on that.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Who: Grey Fox
When: 17th June

I asked about the stories about Dier going for 50m and Walker being unhappy and to quote my contact " :ROFLMAO: you think Levy is stupid? He wouldn't let one of our first squad go to a challenger and certainly not for that price." Walker is happy at Spurs

When: 17th June

The Goat hears that any stories about Edwards being unhappy couldn't be further from the truth.
Also that Dier is not leaving.

When: 16th June

The Goat hears (not for the first time) that there is unrest at Levy's tactics when it comes to contracts and signings, frustration from players, agents and others involved in transfers/contracts in and out. Sessegnon and his connections are losing patience as is Edwards and two or three first team players are interesting the Manchester clubs along with one other top (european) club. However it’d take an excessive bid for us to sell. These players do not include Kane or Alli. The Goat assumes these are Dier and Walker.

The Goat also hears that our wages policy is starting to bite and one or two aren’t convinced at our ambition…… it would be no great surprise to see a number of players leave over the next year or two and although Rose fancies a move is prepared to give it another year but Toby wants a get out clause in any new deal. As was the case last year, Pochettino wants new players in before the 2nd week of pre-season.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
My son, is a referee, often doing games at Chelski acedemy......it's the best paid giggs .
Anyway today he was doing a local tournament, and the guy who runs it, is a big Chelski fan, ( that apart he's an ok guy) and his son is best mates with Luke Shaw.
So I asked him, "so is Luke coming to Spurs ?" ....
That I don't know, but his son was ringing Luke a while back, and Luke said he couldn't speak, cause he was around Pochs house, for not his first meeting..... we still see what happens.
Firstly he's a big Chelski fan, and was forced to shun them for Man U by his old man, cause Chel rejected him as a youngster, his dad didn't want him going back there, and also msn u offered more money.
If Rose does go, a FIT Shaw would be a great replacement but will he ever be fit .
If I hear any more I'll update you all

Last edited:
Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Who: BEN
Where: FTL (I think)
When: 19th June

BEN on barkley again:
The one poch wants

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Still think there is a great player waiting to get out of Ross Barkley.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Still only 23....I think he would do well in our system
if it was him or zaha,barkley all day for me,no point in persisting with wingers if we play wingbacks,njie,nkoudou,sissoko all surplus especially if edwards is good as we hope.At this point in his career Barkley has been left to develop on his own it seems,moyes,martinez and now koeman have hardly nurtured him,he looked better 3 years ago,there is a good player in there,with the same nasty streak as Dele,how I would give for sissoko to have a nasty streak,closest we have seen is a cowardly elbow at bournemouth and lots of tortoise neck when going up for a header.I`d gamble £30m on him and lose the 3 aforementioned at a drop.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
here we go, silly season is upon us once more.....:rolleyes:

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I wouldn't mind seeing us sign Barkley, think he has more to show and we'd see with our team around him. Could effectively play in any of the three positions behind Kane and could be developed into a deep lying playmaker as well in my book, or have Eriksen deeper and Barkley in the three. Would certainly give us options and is a realistic transfer. If we were to sign Barkley, Smalling, and Lemar I'd be pretty happy with the squad for next season. That's if none if none of the first team leave of course, if someone goes they'll need replacing too.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
I wouldn't mind seeing us sign Barkley, think he has more to show and we'd see with our team around him. Could effectively play in any of the three positions behind Kane and could be developed into a deep lying playmaker as well in my book, or have Eriksen deeper and Barkley in the three. Would certainly give us options and is a realistic transfer. If we were to sign Barkley, Smalling, and Lemar I'd be pretty happy with the squad for next season. That's if none if none of the first team leave of course, if someone goes they'll need replacing too.

I agree, still think we need another Striker/Winger

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I agree, still think we need another Striker/Winger
Yeah I was wondering about that too but I think Vinny will be better next season and if Lemar is signed we'd have him, Son, Lamela, onomah, Edwards who can play in wider mid positions plus we play with very advanced wing backs who are of course excellent.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Yeah I was wondering about that too but I think Vinny will be better next season and if Lemar is signed we'd have him, Son, Lamela, onomah, Edwards who can play in wider mid positions plus we play with very advanced wing backs who are of course excellent.

Yeah I think Vin has a part to play, but we could be without Son for start of season and Lamela. I just feel a big name signing would be awesome

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Yeah I think Vin has a part to play, but we could be without Son for start of season and Lamela. I just feel a big name signing would be awesome
Ronaldo's looking for a new team, sell everyone bar Kane and sign Ronaldo! Only joking, of course.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Joshua King, now that is a very good option in my opinion. The sort of guy who could be an excellent impact sub or even potentially play alongside Kane if needed.

Reactions: Yid
Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Joshua King, now that is a very good option in my opinion. The sort of guy who could be an excellent impact sub or even potentially play alongside Kane if needed.
I would imagine he'd excel under Poch too.