By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

ITK

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Ali Z
When: 17th July
Subject: opinion and itk

Suspect Cellabos will stay at Madrid or go to Arsenal, we are not willing to deal with no future prospects, there will be incomings and outgoings trust Poch.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Hercules
Where: SC
Subject: I thought you said if Trips goes we will sign a rb

I said two things in separate posts, and more internally. We initially were looking at a couple of RB’s, but their prices were way beyond what we would pay, and what we would get. So decision was recruit from within, and if a good prospect is available, at a decent price, we would venture. And I suspect if Aurier gets a buyer, it will become more prevalent.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: The Goat
When: 18th July

The Goat hears that we're still hopeful on Sessegnon and that Digne was never an option.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Could I say something to the bedwetters please. We got in circa 10-12m for Dembele, and never replaced him. We have now with TN. We have now sold Tripps for call it 23m. That is circa 35m total. And a initial circa 53m on TN, we are down 21m, and JC, with a loan back. Very little paid down. How the hell do some shit themselves that we have to sell?

I hinted enough about the RB, and Tripps likely exit next etc, and we would recruit from within Foyth. There are very close pending deals going on. And I won’t say no more than that. And I still expect the Sess/s, and GLC to happen, with couple others.

Also, shit like this flat out isn't how money around football transfers even works.

Yes, we got £10-12m, but it'll likely be in instalments.

Yes, we spent £65m on Ndombele, but that'll be in instalments.

Now, it all really depends, all the money we've already spent has likely led to a certain budget amount... say £100m, realistically what we had available, minus payments on previous purchases (lol, not from last summer, obviously)... but if we have £100m, realistically depending on the deals we do, we can use that £100m on deals that are larger than £100m, by a significant margin... most players are amortised over five years, but most are still paid for over 3 or so years.

That's why the story about £40m to spend for Arsenal, whilst slightly funny, also means they can probably leverage 2-3x that in the transfer market, depending on deals and whatnot. Then again, it's dangerous to spend that money in future assuming you'll have the funds, and I expect given the conservative nature of how the north London clubs do their business we're looking at assuming leveraging less.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Yeah, but with which club? 🧐

But would be great news if true.
How motivated will he be if he is here, when he doesnt want to be?

Would that mean the end of any Los Celso deal? I hope not, if theres and credence in those rumours.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 20th July

Told GLC all agreed verbally, just paperwork being done now, which will free him up for a medical. I’m braving it on this one. Fingers and toes crossed.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Galahad.
Where: COYS
When: 21st July

To be taken with a pinch of salt, as always, unless/until THFC make an official announcement.
Two different sources on the CE contract situation.
One says "CE has made it clear to us that he wants to play at RM, and if he can't do that he'd prefer to stay at Spurs. We've made him an improved offer. "

The other snippet arrived 16 hours after the first one and simply says "Contract signed."

Snippets from different stages of the process, or red herrings to distract from his departure? We'll find out soon enough.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
The Squirrel loves CE but is struggling to understand why he would want to leave a club on the up, where he is an integral part and join a club going backwards, Zidane or not.

If you want to leave mate, go....we’re not a vehicle for you to tread water until something comes along you fancy. Thanks a lot seriously, but see ya?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The Squirrel loves CE but is struggling to understand why he would want to leave a club on the up, where he is an integral part and join a club going backwards, Zidane or not.

If you want to leave mate, go....we’re not a vehicle for you to tread water until something comes along you fancy. Thanks a lot seriously, but see ya?
Toby Alderweireld.... please read this.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 22nd July
Subject: Strikers

I do not have any intel on Llorente 1 year proposal. But we do not want to spend good money on a ‘back-up’ (word I don’t like). Whilst Troy may not be ready, and the potential of the kid which we signed from Notts County. I am hearing that we are concerned about spending large in that department.

Tentative inquiries have taken place on experienced ‘back-ups’, but proving challenging, as quality experience have options. If a very good and attractive deal is there near the end of the window, we look at it.

This is my opinion now! All down to Llorente I would say.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Here’s a bit of IDK (I don’t know)

I’d say that based on last year when Kane was injured, more than once, the fact that Son stepped up very impressively, proving that the team can play in many different ways, means we don’t need to worry too much. If Lorrente stays fine, if he doesn’t that's fine too.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

We are exploring writing off contracts on couple players, with one particular name in mind. Not Toby!!!

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Valencia Yid

Last August i mentioned that MP wanted to promote/use more youth and i think looking at the squad yesterday we are starting to see that plan moving forward....

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Valencia Yid

Im not the only one to mention this but there could be a couple more promising youngsters coming in this window...

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Trix
When: 23rd July

Looking incredibly likely at least 2 in one out this week. Get ready the defibrillators for all the net spend detectives.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 23rd July

AGold is not always on the money with what he hears, as he is kind of the unofficial mouthpiece of the club (when it suits them to rain in). GLC, there is nothing more to agree. It is just paperwork, and granted medical. As I said before, I put my nads on the line, and doing so again.

I know there is a chance that something can collapse at the last minutes, as it’s happened to us before over the past 3 seasons. But for some reason, I don’t expect that here.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 23nd July

Rest and relax peeps l. I expect 1 down, and 2 (very obvious who they are) to be completed. And as of now Toby is not going anywhere. His reasons are very genuine.(y)

Nads on the line. Bookies should stop taking bets. But have we not been here before? So until the club announces anything etc, etc. I agree with those comments :X3:

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 26th July
With regards to my post 2 in 1 out.....
A few reasons behind why they haven't happened yet. Partly because clubs are asking for reviewed terms, partly because of other possibilities that have recently become potentially obtainable, and financials would have to be adjusted accordingly.
I'd tell you all there's nothing to worry about, but as you're all Spurs fans I know that would be pointless.
Fwiw I'm not worried at all.

I'll just add to this we're a long way down the road with some of the transfers, medicals penciled in etc.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Ali Z
Subject: Dybala

Made some enquiries about this ( coz I want the player) anyway our PR team have leaked this info, no idea why... muted that it could be a smokescreen or the player may be interested and we are trying to force price down but it's rather odd to say the least, personally it looks like we deflecting to me but why , I have no clue.
As it stands I expect Sess last week of window and Le celso in plus quiet a few out.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

We have not bid officially, or verbally for a certain player out of Juve. Tentative talks! Only way I can see it happening, is if we shift a certain player. And ideally rather him stay with us.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: ghostofarmo & dragon1

ghostofarmo said:
Want debala / celso
No money left to buy unless we sell first..
dragon said:
Ghost don’t mean to shit on your parade but in the case of celso it’s incorrect , we made a substantial offer , player wants to come , betis bring greedy
ghostofarmo said:
To get dybala dragon we need to sell ..that’s the idea
dragon said:
There is money to spend and we will spend it , buying a fify million player is different to buy8ng an eighty million player like dybala
We have lists in each position deals for our first choices have not been exhausted yet , much to ever Everyone grievance the market has not kicked in yet really the merry go round will probably start middle of this week

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Who: ghostofarmo & dragon1

ghostofarmo said:

dragon said:

ghostofarmo said:

dragon said:
Honestly lads go and get a light ale......Jesus

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 28th July
Subject: Goalposts moving (GLC)?

This is the game now I'm afraid every club does it to some extent, especially now when there is PL money involved.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 28th July

Premier league elite clubs are wising up to Europe now. Betis are ‘almost’ in a financial mess, caused by themselves. We had a very firm agreement. And for the second time they reneged on their own agreement, and for the second time mind. We had an agreement before we signed TN. We refused to deal after they started to play games with invisible clubs, who were never interested. We decided to pursue and finalise ND, and GLC should of been done first with ND, not long thereafter.

Our offer has not changed, and it is actually close to ND, but not the same. Our offer will not change. And Trix gave gave a brilliant illustration on what happens if we bend. Medical was booked etc. Let them come back with their tail between their legs, because there is ZERO interest at they imaginative price. Not withstanding how they got Fekir for the price they got him. I wonder who assisted on that deal. The last two windows they messed us around with VJ. I will let this out the bag deliberately! A very interesting volatile meeting with Betis me thinks on Tuesday.

I am very confident. And it goes for Sess. We are not giving away Josh, and the other player of ours that they are interested in. And still wanting circa 30m for Sess, along with that. Let’s see if the media pick that up, and my phantom ghost on Twatter (arsehole).