By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

ITK

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Hercules
Where: SC
When: 7th July

If we sign Pjanic, then we won’t be signing another midfielder. Been talking to Barca since last week

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Also hearing we still want another CB, along with the Japanese kid. Told we won’t be spending silly figures like 40-50m on anyone. Loads of loan obligation offers coming on the market. Selling clubs want ‘cash upfront’ due to the climate. Quite a few irons in the fire. JV (Southampton 28 year old) is not one of them. Few solid inquiries for Sanchez. But hearing not cast iron to go, as NES been watching him in Copa…

Apparently it could go either way. But Sanchez only wants to take a week off (isolation) and start pre-season.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Trix

I'd be very surprised if we did spend 50 mil on anyone this Summer. I don't think we will get close to that figure.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

If we do sign Pjanic, that will be ALL down to Paratici. Apparently they have a brilliant relationship. And that could go in our favour.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who:

I've been massively against this new regime but that's no longer for this thread, and it's more about long term concerns.

Have to say though it generally looks like there is a coherent game plan as to actually filling the positions we need to.

Paratici's was brought in because of his knowledge of players contracts and clubs financial issues give him a head start over others. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in part due to his relationship with certain journalists giving him the heads up in exchange for information on signings etc(but that's just me guessing a bit).

Cheap doesn't necessarily mean low quality as proven by how many times we have "missed the boat".

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Dragon1
When: July 10th

The only one who is close is the Japanese lad

nuno wants a proper look at the squad and the squad is too big for him it will be trimmed once he has taken a closer look at everyone

lacroix , plus the boy who was on loan at Fulham (Joachim Andersen) are options , priorities this summer are defenders plus decent back up for Harry

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
I am in no way in the know, but watched the Copa America final as an excuse to have some beers with buddies.

I swear I saw Levy in the stands. What could dear leader be doing in Brasil?

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Depositing cash in an off shore account?
Yeah, if the Copa was in Panama. And I suppose his summer home is in this hemisphere.

But Inwas hoping he might be flying back to N17 with something special.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Trix
When: 14th July

Trix said:
Things are going to be very different this Summer as far as what I pass on is concerned. I'm hearing so many names at the moment it's very difficult to work out which are serious targets, which are fall back options and which are just agent links. It's litterally all being leaked to the press.This means I'll only be posting about those that are quite far along in the process, unless it's a player I have a more direct link with. I've posted a week or so back regarding Tommy and fwiw that could be pushed through at any time because we are close, and have been for a week or so.

One thing I will say is we have had two enquiries for Kane,(not official bids) and they were both met with the same answer. "We are not selling him". Now we all know money talks so it's not definitive, but I'd say it's unlikely he moves this window.

Oh and again because I'm still seeing talk of it. Bale is not coming back.
On the Kounde story, just heard it's true but complicated. Swap deals are rare but Sanchez is very close to Juan and they have been talking a lot about La Liga etc. Its a big reason why he is open to the move as he's been struggling personally since his best mate has left.
He knows Foyth went to Villarreal not Sevilla, right?
trix: indeed
Ally gold said in his latest video that Paratici likes to be in negotiations with up to ten players for each position, so he can't be held over a barrel by anyone, so it makes sense that loads of names are being mentioned.
trix: Yeah not convinced about that.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: July 14th

Kounde really wants cl football but we are trying
Seville like our offer of 30 plus Sanchez
ings we were hot for last summer but saints wanted 50 , he only has a year left on his deal so very possible
as I said expect Japanese lad to be first signing

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 16th July
Harry Kane. From what I have heard, we won’t sell him! Told nearer 200m ‘May challenge that stance’

And even if so, cash deal, with no players! Club not playing!

Read that as you may, because it will not change.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
£200m is fucking insane. Yes he’s clearly a world class player but nobody is going to pay that.

Sure, great for us in one sense if we can retain his services but what good is a player who is unhappy and doesn’t want to play for the club any more ?

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Can’t see it personally. I think he’s got too much drive to be the best at what he does and he wouldn’t want anyone to think less of him - even though the vast majority of fans would probably sympathise with him.

I’d kind of like him to come out and say if he is being prevented from “taking the next step in his career”, or words to that effect, that he won’t sign a new contract under any circumstances.

He’ll only be 30 when his contract is up so he’d still be worth a significant transfer fee - even more so if he has a good World Cup.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
£200m is fucking insane. Yes he’s clearly a world class player but nobody is going to pay that.

Sure, great for us in one sense if we can retain his services but what good is a player who is unhappy and doesn’t want to play for the club any more ?
There's absolutely no point in fighting to keep a player who has been crystal about wanting to leave. Levy dug his heels in with Eriksen too and he ended up on the bench more often than not cos of lack of effort and sold him for fuck all. Bale was the same when he wanted to go, refusing to train, although we got a good fee. We actually owe it to Kane to give him his move. He deserves it. He's not going to win silverware with Levy at the helm, he needs a club where investment is constantly there to improve and strive for better, Levy's idea of "better" is getting his maid to agree to a pay cut. So let him go and give him the respect he deserves and a massive thank you for his brilliance, service and loyalty.
He owes us nothing...

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
I am also in the sell kane for the best fee we can get this summer.

Let him go win something somewhere

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
Spurs fans are between a rock and a hard place here.

If Kane stays:
  • He's still one of our own! But...
  • He won't down tools, but he'll make damn sure he doesn't put himself in a position where he might get injured
  • The team won't get the silverware Harry craves, because we won't back him with decent transfers
  • The other players will be pulled down by Harry's general unhappiness
  • The team continues to be based around Harry's strengths, then he leaves us in a year or two anyway

If Kane goes:
  • Spurs get loads of money! But...
  • We don't have Harry. He will punish us with whichever PL team he goes to
  • Levy won't spend the money on players. He'll use it to refinance the debt and then buy a hotel instead.
  • Our other marquee players will want out given our lack of ambition
  • Eric Dier will be our new striker

In short, the end is nigh.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I think you have to ask yourself what is left for Levy to fuck up....?

Stadium......... Late, over budget and gentrified the local area to an extent that it has purportedly ripped the soul out of the Borough.

Manager.......... Sacked the best we've had since Redknap, hired a total Cock Cunt for gazillions and then sacked him 18 months later making the club a laughing stock for all and any potential future managerial candidates and players.

Business.......... built a hotel no one can go to, built a stadium no one can go to, built an NFL pitch bo one can go to, built a music venue no one can go to. Built a glass tunnel that no cunt gives a single fuck about and people can't go to. Failed to arrange a naming rights deal prior to the unveiling of the stadium. Built a cheese room no one could.... or ever fucking wanted to go. Built the longest bar in Europe, a brewery and gourmet food outlets.... that no cunt can fucking go to.

Team.......... Penny pinching and underivestment throughout his entire tenure with bargain basement purchases. Alienated players, clubs, chairmen through his appalling negotiations tactics where he changes the terms of deals without cause or notice at the 11th hour. Treated established stars with distain and as commodities who he would renege on deals an agreements with while constantly being the highest paid chairman in the Premier League.

#LevyOut

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 16th July
Where: COYS
Subject: A potential swap for Tanguy and Tomiyasu delay.

Def no truth to this rumour
lyon are skint and we are not parting witH Tanguy , we may take Aouar at the right price
ali gold correct re Japanese signing it’s delayed due to Olympic we need to fit in a medical at some point