By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

ITK

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Trix
When: 5th August
Where: SC

Trix said:
What I'll add is that nothing we do financially right now is dependant on Kane. We know we will get a chunk of money for him be it this Summer or next. It's a buyers market especially from abroad as none of them have any đŸ€‘

I was told 5 more in. Which I laughed at but apparently my source was being serious.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Dragon1
When: 6th August
Where: COYS

Romero is in London now will be announced this evening or tomorrow its done

next will be Japanese lad nothing else imminent
we are talking to a major Middle Eastern airline I do not know the outcome of these talks and when and if they will be concluded
I've seen reports that it was Kounde or Romero thats false we still want kounde

seville will do our Sanchez plus cash deal its getting the player on board who wants cl football

Last edited:
USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Subject: People guessing Coady re Dragon1

I know we have to keep an eye on HG numbers but the value right now is all outside of the EPL. For that reason I'd rule Coady out.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Valencia Yid
When: 7th August
Where: TFC
Subject: Strikers

Dont know names yet
and of course if City make an acceptable bid then it will be two
club massively disappointed in H

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Subject: Purchases Irrespective of Kane sale?

Yep
the Don is all ready to do deals all over the park, it just will change if Kane goes
in other words Kane stays and we will need one less player and will have a smaller budget
kane goes then we will need another striker and will have a greater budget

Subject: Another striker even if Kane stays?

Yes that is the plan

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Hotspur88
When: 8th August

Kane goes = 2 new strikers
Kane stays = 1 new striker

Personally hope he goes now so the areas we're looking to strengthen can be the top players on those lists.

Seems mad to say but he's royally fucked me off so let's bring in some top players who are 100% committed and see where it takes us.

Also, I've said it several times already but don't stress out and presume we are disorganised as we have historically been. EVERYTHING is in order and the plans are ready to go whichever route we take. Paratici has got this 🇼đŸ‡č 😃 đŸ‘đŸŒ

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Subject: Lautaro

If you think back over the last few seasons and the money weve spent on support for Kane only for them to be a waste, youll understand why weve upped our game. by the way i have no idea if this deal is true or not

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Agree completely, and they aren't the only ones.

As I've said before it's a buyers market and if you have to do a squad rebuild it's better to do it when everyone else is desperate for cash. There are quite a few clubs that have been spending way beyond their means over the last few years and are now struggling to pay wages and meet financial deadlines.
Subject: Sales limiting our Buying

Well in essence a lot don't. That's why everyone is looking to trade players in the other direction. All the bigger teams are trying to move on their fringe players and everyone's finding it difficult. Our advantage over the likes of City and Chelsea who are both actively trying to move players on in order to buy is that our fringe players are on far less money wages wise, and it sickens me to say it but Mendes is involved finding clubs.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Subject: Was Kane debacle a misunderstanding

Absolutely was no misunderstanding Kane misjudged how the footballing world would react to his stunt plus his brother foolishly did not get city to where they need to be before they pulled the stunt
I can Tell you we expect to be super busy last week of window

people going on about inter it’s basically 90% of clubs outside pl are in trouble we want 4 to 5 more in

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Ok, so as with every player we are linked with via the media I shoot a few messages off to see if anyone has heard anything, and it was quite positive for both LM and ML. We have been talking with reps for both. I wouldn't say either are close but talks have been positive so there are deals that could possibly be done.

As I mentioned yesterday sooo many European clubs are a tricky spot right now and many need to sell just to keep their heads above water. Just like us though no one wants to sell their best players, but just like us everyone is finding it difficult to move their deadwood.

D1 said it yesterday the final week is going to be manic,not just for us but for everyone. As clubs realise they aren't going to get the offers for their fringe players the ones we actually want will be achievable. We want 4 more in(5 if Harry goes) and the only way to do that is to get them at favourable prices. At least this year we have numerous players for each position so if one doesn't happen we are ready for the others. It won't be a case of waiting for all of them and I believe we will get a couple in sooner rather than later. The others though will more than likely be late on.

The Harry situation is very complicated. As of now unless City change their stance I'd say he's very likely to stay. Not sure if they can't, or won't but as of now they are not getting near the asking price. They are trying to throw in players which of course the are over valuing, and also these players are not going to fit within the wage parameters Paratici is trying to achieve. We have our lists and there are no City players on it, so it doesn't really matter.

If I had to give my opinion(and things are changing daily) I'd say it was 70/80% Harry stays, but then if anyone can 'find' the money it's City.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 9th August
Subject: Kane transfer is somewhat factored in to next year's transfer kitty

The other scenario is that we have a successful season win something and qualify for the CL. Harry stays and the prize money for CL covers it. Either way we've built a very young squad full of players with long contracts and a high ceiling, with little long term risk.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: August
Subject: HK

they withdrew the fine after initial discussions with Harry sat

What I was told was that he asked for the extra time off and was told no but still took it anyway

The club let the story run as they have been livid largely with Charlie , harry annoyed them with the neville interview pre the villa game when we had a chance of cl or Uefa football he also pissed the dressing room off

Charlie has been leaking to there media the sun showbiz thing was all him as were all the sky and other media stuff , Daniel had had enough

Paul miller is very well connected both with the club and certain players in this case he is giving a statement from the Kane families side of things , the biggest thing you should take from that is that the Kane family are open to discussing a new deal with spurs

I can say with some certainty that one of two things will happen between now and the 23rd of Aug , either Kane will be sold for 160 million plus and Fab will have a good week to spend it in the window or Kane will sign a massive contract I do not believe the club want to do this all over again next summer its not good for Kane or Spurs

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
When: 11th August
Subject: Kane

So as of yesterday it's been made very clear to all. This is as it always has been a simple binary situation.

Pay us what we have asked for or he stays.

Pep was bang on we have no interest in negotiating. Now everyone involved knows the score. We have set the terms. Meet them or fuck off.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who Trix
When 12th August
Where SC
From what I've just heard FP and Hitchen have been keen to sell from the off. It's Levy and only Levy that has taken the stance we have and he's still not moving until his terms are met.

Fab feels there will never be a better opportunity to spend the cash this free's up. Sell him for next year for ÂŁ100mil(for example) and we will get a fraction of the value we will get this Summer. We are all already completely aware of how switched on he is regarding clubs financial positions and players contracts especially in Italy, and he feels the timing on all this is perfect.

Despite all this being spelled out to him, Levy is still the ultimate stubborn toddler refusing to move unless he gets his own way. Like I said its principles that are at stake here, and he won't be bent over.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Yiddo1982's mate
Subject: it’s second-hand info so truckloads of salt

• He still expects Kane to leave - and we will spend the money
  • The finance team still working on overdrive – and expect a few “all nighters” and “late night pizza deliveries" as the month rolls on
  • As he said last month, the majority of our business will be in Serie A. Hardly surprising, with so many fingers in so many pies. If they’re linked, chances are we are chatting with them
  • Scamacca still on the list, but he doesn’t think we will get that far down said list! He may stay in Italy to fill a void đŸ€ž
  • Offers in for several CBs – last he heard (weekend maybe?) we are still keeping in touch with Kounde’s reps. A solitary transfer may lead to a chain reaction.
  • We do want to strengthen in CM – but would be surprised if it’s JWP as there far better value on the continent at the moment (I think that was more his opinion though)
  • Still thinks Winks will go

When: 12th August
Subject: Responding to above

I'd agree with all of that except the first and last points. I think its still in the balance regarding Kane as to whether or not they will meet our terms. They will need to do a lot of back tracking to do so. Lets face it though they financially can if they choose to. It' more a battle of principles than anything else now, Winks looks determined to stay(the *****).

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who: Hercules
When: 12th August
Subject: Signings
I have said this a few times, but worth a repeat! We have money! Still will bring in circa 4 more; which is not dependent on ‘outs!’. Add another (5) if Kane is lined up to go. Told that club extremely happy with the new signings, and the expected arrivals, which may go into the last week. We have the advantage over the selling clubs. Barca been throwing a lot of players at us, which we have no interest in. Paratici being quiet with no major media leaks is a good thing. COYS

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Subject: Ward-Prowse

I just think the financials might be a bit too rich. He's basically their talisman and fan favourite now plus he is home grown and a source of a lot of their goals. Not going to be cheap is he.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Just feel so much more hopeful of this rebuilt with Paratici selecting targets & making deals as opposed to Levy.

I must say, we've already brought in Gil, Gollini, & Romero, & if we have that much money for 4 more to spend in this environment when so many other clubs are skint & struggling, credit to Levy. Besides the effects of the Pandemic, no one else is having to fund a one billion pound stadium.

If he continues to do what he does best & stays out of Paratici's way, we'll be fine.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Just feel so much more hopeful of this rebuilt with Paratici selecting targets & making deals as opposed to Levy.

I must say, we've already brought in Gil, Gollini, & Romero, & if we have that much money for 4 more to spend in this environment when so many other clubs are skint & struggling, credit to Levy. Besides the effects of the Pandemic, no one else is having to fund a one billion pound stadium.

If he continues to do what he does best & stays out of Paratici's way, we'll be fine.
The problem is mate, we have a squad littered with absolute garbage, which we seemingly can’t move on.

I won’t be happy until Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Aurier are moved on, with Sanchez, Dele, Davies, Bergwijn and Tanguy not far off my firing line.

We have a massive few weeks coming up, otherwise it’s gonna be the same shit we’ve seen for the last few years. We have no additions at RB or LB, one decent CB, who’s untested in the PL, still no replacement for Dembele or Eriksen, therefore no one who can even remotely control a game, even against lesser teams, and we possibly might not have Kane come September.

Personally, it’s been a bang average transfer window.

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
I won’t be happy until Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Aurier are moved on, with Sanchez, Dele, Davies, Bergwijn and Tanguy not far off my firing line.
That's 39% of our first team squad. Sorry mate, but I think you may still not be completely happy by the end of this window.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
That's 39% of our first team squad. Sorry mate, but I think you may still not be completely happy by the end of this window.
The 5 in the firing line get another season. That reduces the percentage down to about 18%, get 3 or 4 new players in and bang you have a full squad again. Easy this transfer business!!

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Thing is, even if we get it all the in's and out's sorted by the end of the window, it's as per fucking usual...a last ditch panic. How the fuck is Nuno supposed to work on bits on the training ground with players they're trying to get rid and the players that come in are not going to just settle in perfectly. It'll be at least half way through the season before we gel imo...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
If he (Levy) continues to do what he does best & stays out of Paratici's way, we'll be fine.
Trouble is... if he is the one setting the terms and not budging then he has already stuck his fucking ore in...!!!