By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

I've taken off my Spurs tinted glasses

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We are kack. Not the individual players, we have some real worldies in our squad but we do not have the depth needed to compete at the top table.

I know many of you are still making messes in your pants over the new stadium, but it's just a money making venue for Joe and Danny, cunts both of them. Without spending a huge amount of money on building the kind of squad we need I am not remotely arsed if we have one of the best stadiums in the world. I got so pissed off in the land of arseholes where people supported the 'financial prudence' of the club - club? Oh fuck off, it isn't a club anymore it's a fucking corporation. Now are we going to support the fucking stadium? Nah, not having that.

How can we be taken seriously at the highest level of football when we have lost 33% of our Premier League games this season? Yeah, I know we're third, but is that because we are great or the opposition is worse? 12 losses from 36 games is kack, there is no other word for it. We have got so lucky in the Champions League, how the fuck did we make it through the group stage? Shit opposition and maths. We only made it through to the semis due to a really fucking stupid tactical blunder by Pep in the home leg.

Today we had to rely on players like Dier, Jannsen and Llorente, sorry but they ain't good enough. Wanyama is not fully recovered yet and many of the first team picks looked knackered. But what choice did the Poch have? We don';t have a squad full of international stars like City so he has to play the players he has in the squad.

I love the team, I always will. I love the Poch, he's a giant among men but he can not work miracles. I expect Levy is counting his fucking money after spending fuck bleeding all in the last transfer window and two bob more than fuck bleeding all in the previous 5 years. He has got lucky with the Poch and he has got lucky with many of our players - this luck will not last if we don't get a European place next year, Sonny, Christian, Dele, Lucas will all be coveted by 'big' clubs and may find it hard to resist the temptation to move to a club that will spend for success, not to increase the property portfolios and the fabulous wealth of the owners.

Having said all that we have a good chance of making it to the final and even winning the Champions League this year! Fuck that would be a bit Chavvy innit? Being kack and winning the Champions League, I'll take it.

Last edited:
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I alluded to as much in my MDT post.

We've over achieved for 5 or 6 years now. We have to invest at comparable levels to those were competing with if we want to maintain the pace.

If we dont others will and we'll slip back into mid table mediocrity, even with a state of the art 65k all seater.

It's not an option to try and do all this again with such a thin squad. ita just fucking greed on the part of those holding the purse strings if it does continue.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Incredible with the new stadium stress,the financial future and lack of signings we had,the number of injuries on a wafer thin squad,that we are still 3rd and in a CL semi-final.That sounds ok doesnt it?Well as Roy Keane said if you aim for the top that means #1,and we are going to be over 20pts away from that,but then again so were Liverpool this time a year ago.Its where we go from here,and a huge part of that is getting CL again next year in terms of not losing too many in the squad and who we can attract even if levy does splash the cash.Thats alright but its a bit wenger gonnerish if earning money by coming 4th is our aim solely.
We may well fluke winning the CL like chelsea did,and that is the dream rather than merely coming 4th,but amongst all the good stuff we have lost 17 games this season,how we`re are still 3rd is due to how inept arsenal,chelsea and man utd have been,and yet if you offered me this in august I would have said yes please,3rd,semi-final I would take that.I would also have taken being out of the CL in the group stage and winning the league cup,because its not all about money.
We have regressed this year,and for punching above our weight still happyish with what we have today,that cannot be allowed to happen next year,or we will find ourselves playing astragoo or sheriff fc in the farmers league,and not ajax.A big summer ahead in keeping eriksen/toby or better than replacements (impossible almost?)and then some fresh meat for the squad.We still have deadwood at the club,5-8 players have to go because they arent being used,vorm,llorente,janssen,nkoudou,CCV,onomah,dare i say lamela?And that isnt even upgrading fullbacks,replacing possible 2 starters leaving.Its a big job ahead.

Its a measure of how far we have come,that yes we have been poor and still where we are these final weeks,time to step up as a club,no point having a billion pound stadium and a two bob team.We cant go all city with money,but surely there has to be enough to venture a gamble on the next 5 years on the core of the "business" the team we all pay to watch..

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Incredible with the new stadium stress,the financial future and lack of signings we had,the number of injuries on a wafer thin squad,that we are still 3rd and in a CL semi-final.That sounds ok doesnt it?Well as Roy Keane said if you aim for the top that means #1,and we are going to be over 20pts away from that,but then again so were Liverpool this time a year ago.Its where we go from here,and a huge part of that is getting CL again next year in terms of not losing too many in the squad and who we can attract even if levy does splash the cash.Thats alright but its a bit wenger gonnerish if earning money by coming 4th is our aim solely.
We may well fluke winning the CL like chelsea did,and that is the dream rather than merely coming 4th,but amongst all the good stuff we have lost 17 games this season,how we`re are still 3rd is due to how inept arsenal,chelsea and man utd have been,and yet if you offered me this in august I would have said yes please,3rd,semi-final I would take that.I would also have taken being out of the CL in the group stage and winning the league cup,because its not all about money.
We have regressed this year,and for punching above our weight still happyish with what we have today,that cannot be allowed to happen next year,or we will find ourselves playing astragoo or sheriff fc in the farmers league,and not ajax.A big summer ahead in keeping eriksen/toby or better than replacements (impossible almost?)and then some fresh meat for the squad.We still have deadwood at the club,5-8 players have to go because they arent being used,vorm,llorente,janssen,nkoudou,CCV,onomah,dare i say lamela?And that isnt even upgrading fullbacks,replacing possible 2 starters leaving.Its a big job ahead.

Its a measure of how far we have come,that yes we have been poor and still where we are these final weeks,time to step up as a club,no point having a billion pound stadium and a two bob team.We cant go all city with money,but surely there has to be enough to venture a gamble on the next 5 years on the core of the "business" the team we all pay to watch..
Yep, that's another one of my worries - that will become Goons 2.0, just qualifying year after year for the Champions League and never being good enough to win it. Competing with City and Liverpool for domestic glory will need massive investment, CL success even more. Will Levy really splash the cash when he has a nice little earner with his new multi-activity venue? I hope he will but I ain't holding my breathe because he's a cunt, I may have mentioned that before?

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I agree with some of what is being said above but I think having to cop playing at Wembley has not helped one bit. It is not a home ground advantage, no matter how much it was dressed up. So, 19 neutral games and 19 away games plus Cups and we have still landed in the semis of the CL and are 3rd in the league.

Yes we need to refresh the squad but we are doing very well indeed. Who knows, we might win the CL and that is the top of the mountain for me.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Think we're in great shape, as @skiathospurs we need to get top 4 in order to progress, in terms of keeping players and attracting the players that will hopefully improve our 1st XI but most importantly our squad. It is crazy to think we've lost 12 games in the league and still find ourselves in third but that's more to do with how much quality there is in the league and also the sheer number of injuries we have had to deal with, not to mention the volume of players we had who went deep in the World Cup. Liverpool and City have set a hell of a pace this season and thoroughly deserve to be where they are, but you have to factor in City's ridiculous squad depth and the fact that Liverpool have barely had to deal with any injuries to their top players.

I fully expect there to be plenty of cash available to Poch in the Summer, especially with the funds we should get from outgoings, of which there should be a fair few. This is really the time to rid the squad of players who simply aren't good enough, the likes of Tripps, Vic, Eric, Llorente, Janssen, N'Koudou, Onomah need to be moved on, i'd almost put Lamela in there as well, i like him but he seems to spend more time in the treatment room that available for selection.

I just think the stadium has compromised our spending over the last few years and Poch has managed it like an absolute champ that he is but now is the time to step it up, if we don't flex our financial muscle now then yes, Levy is a cunt!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
What is this madness? We are kack? Well apart from City with their unlimited funds and Liverpool, who were about where we are this time last year, everyone else is worse kack. Including United, Chelsea and Arsenal who have all forked out hundreds of millions of £’s trying to buy success, so clearly that doesn’t necessarily work either.

A bit of context maybe - which team had 9 of its squad in the World Cup semi finals? Who’s had to play most of the season at Wembley in front of dwindling support? Who’s only significant striker has missed a shed load of games and suffered continual injuries to key first team squad members?

Last time I looked all the teams in the league had to play all the others, home and away, so you can only play what’s in front of you. We must be really shit to be in third then? Not. We’re also in the semi final of the Champions League, not withstanding the issues mentioned above. Having been a group with unbeaten (at the time) PSV, Inter Milan and Barcelona, the group of death, then having beaten Dortmund and the favourites for the competition City. I remember that they had a penalty in the first leg - Aguero their superstar had it saved by Lloris, we were strong that night and stronger still a week later. I was really proud.

Levy has many faults and he is a businessman. He is trying to deliver a future for Spurs and I assume his business. I don’t always like what I see of him and his cronies, but the new Stadium is fantastic and puts us in a more equal position with the ‘top clubs’ around the Premier League and Europe. The fact that football is now a global multi billion dollar business, doesn’t please me or many others, but that isn’t the clubs fault. It is what it is and we all have a choice to either support it or pack up and watch another team. For me, right now I’m enjoying supporting Spurs immensely, some of the best football and experiences I’ve had in over 40 years.

Of course I hope I see us win the league and some more major trophies, and I hope it will be soon. But one thing we ain’t is ’kack’ - that was back in the 90’s....we were pretty average then.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
What is this madness? We are kack? Well apart from City with their unlimited funds and Liverpool, who were about where we are this time last year, everyone else is worse kack. Including United, Chelsea and Arsenal who have all forked out hundreds of millions of £’s trying to buy success, so clearly that doesn’t necessarily work either.

A bit of context maybe - which team had 9 of its squad in the World Cup semi finals? Who’s had to play most of the season at Wembley in front of dwindling support? Who’s only significant striker has missed a shed load of games and suffered continual injuries to key first team squad members?

Last time I looked all the teams in the league had to play all the others, home and away, so you can only play what’s in front of you. We must be really shit to be in third then? Not. We’re also in the semi final of the Champions League, not withstanding the issues mentioned above. Having been a group with unbeaten (at the time) PSV, Inter Milan and Barcelona, the group of death, then having beaten Dortmund and the favourites for the competition City. I remember that they had a penalty in the first leg - Aguero their superstar had it saved by Lloris, we were strong that night and stronger still a week later. I was really proud.

Levy has many faults and he is a businessman. He is trying to deliver a future for Spurs and I assume his business. I don’t always like what I see of him and his cronies, but the new Stadium is fantastic and puts us in a more equal position with the ‘top clubs’ around the Premier League and Europe. The fact that football is now a global multi billion dollar business, doesn’t please me or many others, but that isn’t the clubs fault. It is what it is and we all have a choice to either support it or pack up and watch another team. For me, right now I’m enjoying supporting Spurs immensely, some of the best football and experiences I’ve had in over 40 years.

Of course I hope I see us win the league and some more major trophies, and I hope it will be soon. But one thing we ain’t is ’kack’ - that was back in the 90’s....we were pretty average then.
You forgot to take off the specs mate. The stadium is fantastic? So what? How does it put us in a more equal position when Levy has crippled the team by not investing in it over the last 5 seasons? That has fuck all to do with the stadium, and if you start saying that he couldn't afford to invest in talent because of that I will go a bit mental. I didn't say anything about not enjoying the ride and you may be confusing me saying we are kack with some sort of negativity, nope, I am saying we are kack because of what your best buddy has done - or more accurately not done. The team are magnificent but as a squad- kack, not their fault, they can do no more, but when the weakness of the squad means the Poch must play Vincent and Fernando along with a team of knackered players and blokes not properly recovered from injuries in a game vital to remain in the top 4 then that my friend is kack..

If you think losing 12 games in 36 in the Premiership isn't kack then I've got a Brexit I will sell you. It is complete and otter kack. The excuses you list as 'context' like the World Cup, playing at Wembley and injuries are completely irrelevant, to drag ourselves out of the mire of kackness then we should have had a squad strong enough to cope with that - your best pal Levy is the reason we do not, he has a stadium and a property portfolio that will earn him millions we have a weak squad which is nowhere near good enough to lift the team out of kackville.

Like I said in the OP, I love the team, the players and the manager, but I attribute our relative success these season mainly to luck and the even worse kackness of the other teams and I attribute the kackenss of our squad entirely to Levy.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
I think a lot of people are forgetting how much football some of our first choice players have had to play in the last two seasons, which hasn't combined well with a whole shitstorm of other factors including the players who haven't played as much and who should have been squad depth also being injured. There's no doubt there are improvements that are needed but I think this season on the whole, apart from the lack of signings (which we don't know how much control he had over) has in itself been a masterclass of management by Poch.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I think a lot of people are forgetting how much football some of our first choice players have had to play in the last two seasons, which hasn't combined well with a whole shitstorm of other factors including the players who haven't played as much and who should have been squad depth also being injured. There's no doubt there are improvements that are needed but I think this season on the whole, apart from the lack of signings (which we don't know how much control he had over) has in itself been a masterclass of management by Poch.
I don't think anyone is forgetting that, I am definitely not criticising the players or the manager, the effort has been magnificent. What I am saying is that a team we are kack - because we do not have a stong enough squad of quality players available to deal with injuries, cup runs, World Cup, Asian whatever. To be a 'Top Club' we need to be able to ride the storms which will come every season.

It's an old broken record but let's look at the nett spend of the top 6 clubs over the last 5 seasons:

Manchester City £563m
Manchester United £484m
Arsenal £261m
Chelsea £206m
Liverpool £194m
Tottenham Hotspur £28m

The average spend for the other 5 teams is £341m, £331m more than Levy has spent in those 5 years. We are as folks rightly say a bit incredible at the moment considering fuck all has been spent on developing the squad, Levy has got lucky, we have some amazing players who have worked themselves into the ground and of course the best manager in the Premiership. This luck will not and can not last unless he spends at the level required to be a 'Top Club'. The Poch is a genius but he can only work with the players he has and losing 12 games from 36 in the Premiership suggest to me that he can do no more.

Every team in the Premiership must have a budget for buying players, Even if I was being generous to Levy and said that half or the average spend was OK, then he has trousered about £150m of the transfer budget over the last 5 years. I am not having any old bollocks about him needing to fund the stadium, different budget, and him and his pal Joe have made a fucking fortune with their N17 property speculation.

I believe we could have been challenging for the title and being massively confident about the CL semi-finals if Levy had not been such a financial genius and had spent the transfer budget on transfers.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I don't think anyone is forgetting that, I am definitely not criticising the players or the manager, the effort has been magnificent. What I am saying is that a team we are kack - because we do not have a stong enough squad of quality players available to deal with injuries, cup runs, World Cup, Asian whatever. To be a 'Top Club' we need to be able to ride the storms which will come every season.

It's an old broken record but let's look at the nett spend of the top 6 clubs over the last 5 seasons:

Manchester City £563m
Manchester United £484m
Arsenal £261m
Chelsea £206m
Liverpool £194m
Tottenham Hotspur £28m

The average spend for the other 5 teams is £341m, £331m more than Levy has spent in those 5 years. We are as folks rightly say a bit incredible at the moment considering fuck all has been spent on developing the squad, Levy has got lucky, we have some amazing players who have worked themselves into the ground and of course the best manager in the Premiership. This luck will not and can not last unless he spends at the level required to be a 'Top Club'. The Poch is a genius but he can only work with the players he has and losing 12 games from 36 in the Premiership suggest to me that he can do no more.

Every team in the Premiership must have a budget for buying players, Even if I was being generous to Levy and said that half or the average spend was OK, then he has trousered about £150m of the transfer budget over the last 5 years. I am not having any old bollocks about him needing to fund the stadium, different budget, and him and his pal Joe have made a fucking fortune with their N17 property speculation.

I believe we could have been challenging for the title and being massively confident about the CL semi-finals if Levy had not been such a financial genius and had spent the transfer budget on transfers.
Are you main-lining Sangria or San Miguel? you know that statistics quote about lies, damn lies and statistics well....

Manchester City £563m
Manchester United £484m
Arsenal £261m
Chelsea £206m
Liverpool £194m
Tottenham Hotspur £28m

Sort of proves that with the exception of City who we knocked out of the CL this year, that huge investment in players doesn't always guarantee success. I'd agree that we need to spend, to freshen and re-energise, but we're between a rock and hard place. The players we have are good enough for the top 4 and also to challenge for the title, but so far not quite good enough to win it. So we need that 'difference' and regardless of your, mine or anyone else's views on Levy, the club clearly can't or couldn't afford the 2-3 world class players at huge fees and wages, to potentially make that difference. Any research into the finances over the last 5+ years by 'Swiss Ramble' shows that. The only likely scenario when that will be possible is when a Sovereign wealth fund from Qatar, or a Russian, or US/Russian/Chinese/someone else comes along and says he's £2bn, keep spending until you win things. That is what has happened at Chelsea and City. Liverpool have through the acquisition of Salah and Virgilvan Dyck got lucky this season, especially through a lack of injuries - which has as rightly pointed out about made our squad look thin.

We have been challenging for the title twice in the last few years. We've also earned more points than every other club apart from City over that time. I get your anti-Levy agenda and agree with much of it, but my 'best pal' is in my view playing catch up, starting with the stadium - which will put us on a more level playing field with other top European clubs by generating significantly more revenue, already estimated at £800,000 a game or £17m+ a year. These additional fans also spend on merchandise, tickets, programmes etc etc. so whilst none of us might like the way football has developed over the last 10 years or so, it has and you're either in it and still supporting it or not,

Personal choice, When Levy sells for £2-3Bn in a year or two i might hang up my season ticket too. Beacuse then we're the same as everyone else and European football has turned into a version of the NFL franchises.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Are you main-lining Sangria or San Miguel? you know that statistics quote about lies, damn lies and statistics well....

Manchester City £563m
Manchester United £484m
Arsenal £261m
Chelsea £206m
Liverpool £194m
Tottenham Hotspur £28m

Sort of proves that with the exception of City who we knocked out of the CL this year, that huge investment in players doesn't always guarantee success. I'd agree that we need to spend, to freshen and re-energise, but we're between a rock and hard place. The players we have are good enough for the top 4 and also to challenge for the title, but so far not quite good enough to win it. So we need that 'difference' and regardless of your, mine or anyone else's views on Levy, the club clearly can't or couldn't afford the 2-3 world class players at huge fees and wages, to potentially make that difference. Any research into the finances over the last 5+ years by 'Swiss Ramble' shows that. The only likely scenario when that will be possible is when a Sovereign wealth fund from Qatar, or a Russian, or US/Russian/Chinese/someone else comes along and says he's £2bn, keep spending until you win things. That is what has happened at Chelsea and City. Liverpool have through the acquisition of Salah and Virgilvan Dyck got lucky this season, especially through a lack of injuries - which has as rightly pointed out about made our squad look thin.

We have been challenging for the title twice in the last few years. We've also earned more points than every other club apart from City over that time. I get your anti-Levy agenda and agree with much of it, but my 'best pal' is in my view playing catch up, starting with the stadium - which will put us on a more level playing field with other top European clubs by generating significantly more revenue, already estimated at £800,000 a game or £17m+ a year. These additional fans also spend on merchandise, tickets, programmes etc etc. so whilst none of us might like the way football has developed over the last 10 years or so, it has and you're either in it and still supporting it or not,

Personal choice, When Levy sells for £2-3Bn in a year or two i might hang up my season ticket too. Beacuse then we're the same as everyone else and European football has turned into a version of the NFL franchises.
I disagree with you again. I really don't think we have seriously been challenging for the title in the last few years:

2014 - 17 points off the top spot
2015 - 23
2016 - 11
2017 - 7
2018 - 23

OK, with 3 more wins we would have been challenging in 2017, but even that's a stretch.

If you're going to quote statistics - how many is a few and you know that the total number of points over more than one season is a poisson rouge. You are of corse right when you say that the stadium will generate more money, but what has happened to the money that any fInancial genius like Levy should have had allocated for transfers in the last 5 years? If there was no budget then he is financially incompetent, if there was a budget then that money is still available and can be spent even if Swiss Tony says we can't afford it.

Sorry for the 'best pal' bit that came over more sarky than I intended.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I disagree with you again. I really don't think we have seriously been challenging for the title in the last few years: Ok, we were challenging Leicester until the battle with Chelsea, then gave up, finishing third. We were challenging when Chelsea won, finishing second and 7 points above Man City, with all their riches...I won't go on about all of United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Woolwich playing in the Europa league whilst we haven't, the point I'm making is that investment in players doesn't always equal success. I agree that we do need more to take the next step, the problem is the level of potential player needed to make a real difference, that was beyond us before and still is now I think, Those players are probably £100m+ and £300k a week, there's very few clubs that can do that, and unfortunately 3 of them are in our league. So I maintain the view that we're over achieving, largely because we're blessed with Poch and reliant on his skills to maintain and achieve better. That is the no. 1 priority for me from Levy - support Poch (who knows what their 'agreement' is).

We have had some investment - Sanchez cost £42m, lets hope he works out, Sissoko £30m, Some black french wingers and a full back, Lucas Moura, Juan Foyth and well err Llorente and Janssen. So it's not zero, it just feels a bit like that with so many injuries. We need to find a few Dele's and a Kane or grow our own, But agreed if nothing else we do need freshening this Summer.

2014 - 17 points off the top spot
2015 - 23
2016 - 11
2017 - 7
2018 - 23

OK, with 3 more wins we would have been challenging in 2017, but even that's a stretch.

If you're going to quote statistics - how many is a few and you know that the total number of points over more than one season is a poisson rouge. what's red fish and the price of anchovies got to do with it? You are of corse right when you say that the stadium will generate more money, but what has happened to the money that any fInancial genius like Levy should have had allocated for transfers in the last 5 years? If there was no budget then he is financially incompetent, if there was a budget then that money is still available and can be spent even if Swiss Tony says we can't afford it. I'm reasonably happy with where we are now, but the ground rules have changed. back in the 80's at the start of every season about 10 teams were in with a chance of winning the league or the FA Cup or a European competition. I mean we won the European Cup 6 times on the trot, with Villa, Forest and Liverpool., us and Ipswich were great in Europe and teams like Southampton, Newcastle, Everton, Leeds and Norwich were all good sides. Now it's only money that counts. Levy is trying to keep us up (with Poch and players help) with the Sugar Daddy's, but not to the point of throwing money at it. He fucks up a lot with the fans and clearly he's setting up the club for a huge sale (look at the profit announced this year) I'm just not sure we're going to get a Neymar, Mbappe, Sancho, Dybala, type player to come to us, without breaking the bank and doing a Leeds United. Juan Mata, or Bale on loan, plus a couple like Maddison, Grealish, Rice and our own, but end up being the way forward.

This feels like a long arduous season and is starting to look like that on the pitch, yet we're still up there and in the semi final of CL, Next will be even better and more settled I hope, it wasn't always as good as this, remember Sugar, he really was kack.

Sorry for the 'best pal' bit that came over more sarky than I intended. no problem.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I will stop kicking the wasps nest now - it was fun, but could get a bit fractious (is that a word, it sounds like the one I was looking for). I think it's good that we have a look at ourselves in someone else's shoes for a mile or two now and again. Of course we are doing fantastically, of course we will win tomorrow and go on to win the Champions league, but those Spurs goggles need to be removed occasionally.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
I'm sure I've seen somewhere we've had some of the most consistent away form for the last few years.

I'm hoping once we turn the new stadium into the fortress it deserves to be, we'll start a nice up tick again. All this playing at Wembley messed with us. Maybe we're on 83 points this season, instead of the 70... That'd probably have City and Liverpool on 88-89 or so.

Going home, making it home, and getting our fortress back is so important... if we hold on to third, with everything that's gone on this season, with injuries, stadium moves and whatnot, I won't be upset.

Maybe we buy in the summer, maybe we get the team back to full fitness. I don't think there's as big a gap to City and Liverpool as we might think.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'm sure I've seen somewhere we've had some of the most consistent away form for the last few years.

I'm hoping once we turn the new stadium into the fortress it deserves to be, we'll start a nice up tick again. All this playing at Wembley messed with us. Maybe we're on 83 points this season, instead of the 70... That'd probably have City and Liverpool on 88-89 or so.

Going home, making it home, and getting our fortress back is so important... if we hold on to third, with everything that's gone on this season, with injuries, stadium moves and whatnot, I won't be upset.

Maybe we buy in the summer, maybe we get the team back to full fitness. I don't think there's as big a gap to City and Liverpool as we might think.
I agree with some, but there 100% is a gap. A gap between us and Citeh in terms of quality depth. Yes you can turn around and say but we dont have the circa billion quid they've invested, but it doesnt change the fact there is a gap. They can bench Willian, Aurgero, Silva, Kevin (cant spell his last name) and still win the Prem with games to spare..... reasonably consistently. They can also challenge for domestic and European cups at the same time. No matter how well we have done over the years up to this point we are still behind and that is a a gap.

Now I dont think we need to go insane and spend like they did, but we do need to add serious depth at a quality we dont currently have. If that's from the reserves or youth team brilliant but if that means spending cash we have to do it. Our players are injured so much because they are flogged every game, because we need their quality on the field. We need a better squad to rotate players in and out of the side giving then time to recover properly.

The gap between us and liverpool is smaller and they've been fucking lucky with injuries. I would love to know what they are doing that others are not, there must be something because luck doesnt last a whole season. But they will strengthen and add more depth becsuee they know they wont get away with it again. To stand still we will have to improve or hope that those behind us wont improve and be happy for those above us to keep going in one direction while we stand still.

It's been another superb season (I know it's not over yet) but surely we cant go another window without rolling the dice. Surely our players will not be happy with the club failing to match their ambition regardless of how nice and shiny the home stadium is.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

That's the great thing about statistics - you can make them say whatever you want, so yes, we have had the best set of away results we have had in the Premiership for the last 5 seasons - 61,11% wins. On the other hand you could say no, kack, we have had the worst results in the Premier league over the last 5 season - 38.88% lost! No away draws, that ain't not never ever happened in the PL before.

You could also say we were unlucky as 9 of the 12 losses in all PL games we have suffered in the league this year were by just one goal and the biggest loss was by only 2 goals. So maybe are not kack after all?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
surely we cant go another window without rolling the dice. Surely our players will not be happy with the club failing to match their ambition regardless of how nice and shiny the home stadium is.
That's about it in a nutshell, who we buy is going to be the problem. I'd take Bale if as reported a loan of £5m plus wages is on offer, plus a Grealish, Maddison and Juan mata. Plus a Right back. Mixture of youth and experience. Assuming Foyth and Sanchez will get better next season mixing with Toby and or Jan.

I've now forgiven Danny Rose. His commitment the second half of this season has been incredible.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
That's about it in a nutshell, who we buy is going to be the problem. I'd take Bale if as reported a loan of £5m plus wages is on offer, plus a Grealish, Maddison and Juan mata. Plus a Right back. Mixture of youth and experience. Assuming Foyth and Sanchez will get better next season mixing with Toby and or Jan.

I've now forgiven Danny Rose. His commitment the second half of this season has been incredible.
Yep, he was magnificent last night I reckon, could have been a lot worse without him.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Yep, he was magnificent last night I reckon, could have been a lot worse without him.
Under the current circumstances he’s one of our major attacking threats, I’d like him to take on and beat the full back sometimes, but his effort, tackling and desire is phenomenal.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Under the current circumstances he’s one of our major attacking threats, I’d like him to take on and beat the full back sometimes, but his effort, tackling and desire is phenomenal.

Was on Tues.....

Our issue is we have not had a stable side.....Liverpool and City have not suffered the injuries....Any club in the world that misses their best striker for 3 months would struggle

Manchester City £563m
Manchester United £484m
Arsenal £261m
Chelsea £206m
Liverpool £194m
Tottenham Hotspur £28m

Not shooting messenger but people think Levy is to blame....No one has ever mentioned Poch in any of our issues with signings

We have only played a single figure number of games with Eriksen, Son, Dele and Kane on the pitch....The key to succes is we need to improve squad strength, sort out contracts....Personally I think Poch holds the key

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Was on Tues.....

Our issue is we have not had a stable side.....Liverpool and City have not suffered the injuries....Any club in the world that misses their best striker for 3 months would struggle

Not shooting messenger but people think Levy is to blame....No one has ever mentioned Poch in any of our issues with signings

We have only played a single figure number of games with Eriksen, Son, Dele and Kane on the pitch....The key to succes is we need to improve squad strength, sort out contracts....Personally I think Poch holds the key
Poch has consistently said recently that the club needs 'to operate in a different way' I interpret that to mean that Levy needs to buy some players. We may not be able to afford, the real superstars or they may not want to come to Spurs, but there are players out there that can add, experience, energy and push the existing players. Poch can also clearly coach ability, so youth - rather like the Ajax side is not out of the question either. He needs funds though and Levy has said £150m 'after player sales' so I think it is Levy that holds the key and the money.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I understood that but it was Poch who was not wanting to buy players
I think he had no other option but to say that, this summer will be the acid test or the Poch/Levy relationship. if it sours I think we have Poch for only 1 more season definitely. But honestly who the fuck knows what goes on behind the scenes.

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
ALL SPURS FANS ARE GIGANTIC CUNTS
You are an entire 53 years old? Got it off your chest, have we? Feel better now? You are a complete retard, you went to all that trouble of registering on here just to post a swear word?

You are a disgrace to the footballing supporter's community.