By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Jan Vertonghen

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
Great news about my lad Jan. His reaction to that injury has stuck in my head all bloody week and had a feeling that while he knew he'd done damage, it was more of the case of him knowing that he was gonna be sidelined from a team that you can clearly see he believes is doing something very special.

Keep the magic boot on and be a annoying sod at the training ground. Other players seeing how determined he is in getting better will motivate those stepping in, to up their own games.

As for the title we'll keep plodding along and hopefully collect the 3 points on Saturday and await to put the dream team of Toby and Jan back together again. In fact just to keep Jan happy, lets remain in all competitions until he's back fit....I think that seems fair ;)

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
6 weeks is a decent injury... for the like of us it'd be a 3/4 months as we don't have 12 hrs of treatment a day...

Fuck I wish I had 12 hrs of treatment a day...!!!

He'll be handy for the Running if he can get back, need to keep this winning streak going just to piss on the Chavs parade..... oh it'd help us moving up the table as well.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
6 weeks is a decent injury... for the like of us it'd be a 3/4 months as we don't have 12 hrs of treatment a day...

Fuck I wish I had 12 hrs of treatment a day...!!!

He'll be handy for the Running if he can get back, need to keep this winning streak going just to piss on the Chavs parade..... oh it'd help us moving up the table as well.
We can only move up one place lol!!!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Thats positive,jan in the gym,no protective boot !!
IMG_1949PNG.jpg

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I dunno mate?if memory is correct,that isnt the gym at hotspur way.

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
Great news that he's already running outside. Hope we can get him back a bit early to compensate(even though there is no comparing the two. Just two exceptionally talented players) losing Danny. *sighs* who would have thought that wanting us to be able to pick from a fully fit squad for one feckin game would have even been in my wish list.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen has taken to Instagram to confirm that he has returned to training and is stepping up his return from injury.it looks as though they could be welcoming him back to action sooner than expected, as he will now step things up in training and try to get back to full fitness before the end of the month while hoping that he doesn’t suffer another knock.

boo

boo

Founding Member
Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen, 29, believes Spurs have enough depth to continue to challenge in the Premier league, FA Cup and Europa League. (Guardian)

“I think the manager understands the importance of the Europa League and the FA Cup, and it’s good we take it very seriously,”

“We want to win both and compete in the league as well, and I think our team is fit enough to cope with these things. I can only talk for myself but I like to play as many games as possible and maybe the other guys do as well. It’s good to rotate a couple of players, like Kyle Walker and Eric Dier against Fulham. Next time maybe two or three others will rest.”

“Money-wise you can’t compare but, on the pitch, our team is as strong as theirs, definitely,”

“We have improved a lot since our last final and we’re a lot stronger now.

“The gaffer has had time to work with us and we understand the way he wants us to play. We are a lot stronger than then and we have shown that in the last couple of years.

"We played a final against Chelsea at Wembley a couple of years ago and we want more of that. I won some silverware at Ajax and it’s the best thing there is in football. I think this team and the technical staff deserve a trophy with this club.”

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
For me he (or Toby) should be captain. Jan has the guts, the fight and determination but on the flip side seems to have the ability to calm the team down by his influence. If not captain he should be ahead of pecking list of Harry and Eric.

Nothing against Hugo, but I don't believe goalkeepers ever make good captains.

Unless Jan doesn't want it.

boo

boo

Founding Member
I thought Vertonghen had an absolute blinder against Gent the other day. Fantastic performance that kind of recaptured some of his earlier form for Tottenham. Great game!

Didn't come in here to talk aboot this but; Totally agree mate, and again, nothing against Lloris at all but, having an outfield player as the captain is a better option. I think centre forwards are the same as goalies too, neither should be captain in my opinion. We use Kane as captain in Lloris' absence. Ideally, the central midfielder is in the best position to call the shots in the team but, I'm not sure whether either of ours could pull off being captain. That leaves Alderweireld or Vertonghen. Dier maybe in the future too?

D

Dustin

Player in Training.
Any news/speculation on Vert's injury?

Second worst player to be injured right now. Really puts a sour taste in what otherwise would have been a fantastic match.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Any news/speculation on Vert's injury?

Second worst player to be injured right now. Really puts a sour taste in what otherwise would have been a fantastic match.
See above.....according to Poch, immediately after the game, in relation to Jan and Toby. Not sure how true it is. They have a week off, which the first XI need.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
See above.....according to Poch, immediately after the game, in relation to Jan and Toby. Not sure how true it is. They have a week off, which the first XI need.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Yeah, but how was his body language during the game?

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
An incredible achievement for Jan ! Such a down to earth and humble guy, wish him nothing but the best and hope he remains with us for the foreseeable future.

Has been outstanding so far this season.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Seen a few reports that we have activated the option in his contract

The 31-year old defender’s new deal with Spurs will expire on 30th June 2020.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Seen a few reports that we have activated the option in his contract

The 31-year old defender’s new deal with Spurs will expire on 30th June 2020.
we had already done Jan`s,I think it is Toby`s contract people are talking about.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
was Jan on tw@tter
you must be looking at an unofficial account, nothing on Jan`s official twitter,last mention of contract was sept 6th when jan said in an interview he expects club to use the 1 year extension.I saw several media types saying spurs were going to use the option to extend tobys contract by a year the last few days.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Her rid of the cunt we got Juan....!!! ;)

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne..._RlVUz2r-r3YTTdrVng7OckRXlhbvd53iIuWh70m7LZXc

The Club can confirm that we have activated the option to extend Jan Vertonghen’s contract until 2020.
The Belgium international has made 264 appearances for the Club since joining from Ajax in 2012.
He was rewarded for his fine form last season with a place in the PFA Premier League Team of the Year and the One Hotspur members’ Player of the Season award.
Jan also recently became the most capped player in Belgium’s history with 110 appearances for the Red Devils.