By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

January

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Good job FA/PL planners,3 games the 1st week and 3 games for the whole rest of the month.
Here are the teams we are bringing the pain to this month

Jan 2nd Swansea A
Jan 4th West ham H
Jan 7th Afc Wimbledon H (fa cup)
Jan 13th Everton H
Jan 21st southampton A
Jan 31st Man utd H

and possible fa cup round 4 weekend jan 27th

Have to hope for the rotated cup side to progress and out of 15 points available without being too greedy 10 would be Par,13 pretty likely and all 15 a distinct possibility,that would be put us fair and square in the mix for 2nd or 3rd.

Banana skins for our rivals this month include;
everton vs man u arse vs chelsea liverpool vs citeh
liverpool have everton in the cup to battle over,City have an iffy cup game at leics and them arse,chelsea also squeeze in two legs of the league cup semis by end of the month.Small things can help us this month,tiredness from difficult fa cup matches may be in our favour!!god a draw for liverpool with everton and a replay would be good for us!!same if arsenal dont dispatch Forest away 1st time then get ready for a wenger moanathon.

This should really be the month when we announce we are back,that will really push wenger,conte,klopp hopefully mourinio too !! to come under some scrutiny because 5 into 3 CL places will take shape around now,those lagging can expect serious consideration from their owners.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
We are gradually getting back to our best and look bang in form. 15 points is definitely doable but a draw against anyone there is possible.

Wanyama and Lamela getting back in to action gives us far better rotation to push through the rest of the season, and also gives the players they could replace another push. Don't think it's a coincidence alli is getting back to form with Lamela having solid cameos.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
We are gradually getting back to our best and look bang in form. 15 points is definitely doable but a draw against anyone there is possible.

Wanyama and Lamela getting back in to action gives us far better rotation to push through the rest of the season, and also gives the players they could replace another push. Don't think it's a coincidence alli is getting back to form with Lamela having solid cameos.
I think Dele is more sorting his head out,has been frustrated by his own form,maybe lamela`s return has helped him focus?He hasnt been bad,but not outstanding as he can be.
Also toby back in outdoors training,sanchez had his rest its all coming good again personnel wise,just like last year.
Injuries to key arsenal,chelsea or liverpool players will kill them,we`ve gone through that and still thereabouts.It is the time when some players drop,now 2 or 3 of our long term injuries are back,squad looks pretty robust again.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Next two months might define this year. We'll need to try and keep this winning run going with some tricky fixtures coming up, Everton and United in particular. Im
Hoping for 13 minimum in January and an easy ish cup game against Wimbledon....that wo t happen, remember Wycombe?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Next two months might define this year. We'll need to try and keep this winning run going with some tricky fixtures coming up, Everton and United in particular. Im
Hoping for 13 minimum in January and an easy ish cup game against Wimbledon....that wo t happen, remember Wycombe?
we learnt from wycombe!it ll be more like millwall !!
United are deffo the ones to catch now,injuries and on a slide,has maureen lost the dressing room? has that 2 year itch or rather takes him 2 years to piss off and alienate the players.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Thing with United is, who are they going to get if they fire Mourinho....one name I can't even bear thinking about....who else? Joachim Low maybe.

Btw I think Poch will stay here for minimum 2 more years and if successful much longer (assuming Levy's continued support)

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Thing with United is, who are they going to get if they fire Mourinho....one name I can't even bear thinking about....who else? Joachim Low maybe.

Btw I think Poch will stay here for minimum 2 more years and if successful much longer (assuming Levy's continued support)
anyone who is a has been,cos they never do or will never do again after moyes,up&coming talent.Ancelotti, or someone,hopefully dutch cos they been a storming success in england bar BMJ !!
Trouble with mourinio is how do you manage egos when your own is galactic,keeping zlatan after an ACL at late 30s as his cover,alienating rashford and martial WTAF was he thinking?terrible squad and man management.And style or lack of in his football,awful.Hopefully he replaces wenger and ruins them next.

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
Bit late to this.

Everton, Southampton, Newport (FA Cup) and Man U

I think 7 points would be a good return from the league. I would like us to get all 3 to Man U but not losing is just as important as any point gained in this race at the moment is good. Still pissed we drew with Spam, 2 points dropped to that shower.

Only game that makes me go hummmm is Newport. Should be on the box, so most likely a strange kick off time, and has banana skin written all over the bloody thing. I believe the key to getting through this game is the word 'professional'. Check egos at the door and take this game seriously. Go in there like Billy big bollocks and we can get turned over. Nobody wants an extra game either for a replay! I got faith....