By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Karma,karma chameleon

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I am still in a state of disbelief after weds night.When Sterling scored in the 92nd minute,it was merely business as usual,I expected nothing less.Tottenham,england,always a glorious defeat for 30 years.Plucky against the odds but always just short of a bit of luck needed.
So imagine the suprise and even now 2 days later disbelief at what transpired.I dont ever recall massive moments in our favour from officials but I remember plenty when we have been kicked in the nuts.So what moments do you remember when we were fucked over by decisions?
Pedro mendes at old trafford,The gomes save and ghost goal at the bridge,same club at home cant remember who didnt put it over the line??any help lads?And for my input the Hasselbaink penalty when he fell over his own feet at the Lane.I was listening to 5 live at the time (long before streaming!) and Alan Green commentating actually burst into laughter "Hasselbaink has tripped over his own feet in the tottenham penalty area....................oh dear the referee has given a penalty "

So we were owed the proper decision on weds night,chip in with any injustices you remember.

Another springs to mind was a penalty at old trafford,gomes? clearly won the ball and howard webb? gave a penalty,we were 2-0 up at the time,think it was the Jol era?OFC we went on to lose we really lost our heads at the decision.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I am still in a state of disbelief after weds night.When Sterling scored in the 92nd minute,it was merely business as usual,I expected nothing less.Tottenham,england,always a glorious defeat for 30 years.Plucky against the odds but always just short of a bit of luck needed.
So imagine the suprise and even now 2 days later disbelief at what transpired.I dont ever recall massive moments in our favour from officials but I remember plenty when we have been kicked in the nuts.So what moments do you remember when we were fucked over by decisions?
Pedro mendes at old trafford,The gomes save and ghost goal at the bridge,same club at home cant remember who didnt put it over the line??any help lads?And for my input the Hasselbaink penalty when he fell over his own feet at the Lane.I was listening to 5 live at the time (long before streaming!) and Alan Green commentating actually burst into laughter "Hasselbaink has tripped over his own feet in the tottenham penalty area....................oh dear the referee has given a penalty "

So we were owed the proper decision on weds night,chip in with any injustices you remember.

Another springs to mind was a penalty at old trafford,gomes? clearly won the ball and howard webb? gave a penalty,we were 2-0 up at the time,think it was the Jol era?OFC we went on to lose we really lost our heads at the decision.
Those opening remarks about not being surprised were so apt - always seems to be us snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I remember all of that, except Hasselbaink. I’m not sure you’ve missed many ‘injustices’ , perhaps the semi final or final against the plastics when we could have had a penalty and Terry sent off, but we scored so no further action was taken.

I just remember all the FA Cup semi final defeats, really bizarre that run. This is all from memory - started with Everton at Elland Road, 12.30 kick off I think, day after my first daughter was born. Lost 4-1.
Newcastle United at Old Trafford lost 2-0? Judas needless handball. Woolwich same venue, Hoddle was manager, Judas last game. Cunt. Portsmouth at Wembley, Chelsea at Wembley twice? Man Utd last season.

Now is the time, a bit more luck required maybe. Get a lead and do a Dortmund away I don t know, but jinxes can’t really exist can they? I mean we’ve won every competition going except the European Cup, so it would be good to fix that.

Wish the year ended in ‘1’ what was that about jinxes.....ha ha

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Related image

Also the one at OT where Nani so clearly handled the ball that Gomes and everyone else thought it was dead, but the ref allowed play on. I think we were winning at that point as well.

Then there was the time Balotelli should've been sent off for kicking Scott Parker in the head right in front of the ref at the Etihad, and then popped up minutes later to get fouled by Ledders and give up a penalty...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Related image

Also the one at OT where Nani so clearly handled the ball that Gomes and everyone else thought it was dead, but the ref allowed play on. I think we were winning at that point as well.

Then there was the time Balotelli should've been sent off for kicking Scott Parker in the head right in front of the ref at the Etihad, and then popped up minutes later to get fouled by Ledders and give up a penalty...
wasnt there a vidic save on the line at OT too?yeah the city one is a good call remember it well.

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
Injustices? Arsenal promoted at Spurs expense...

In the early part of the 20th century, their chairman was a Conservative member of parliament called Sir Henry Norris. A self-styled "friend to everyone", he was, being a Tory, first and foremost a friend to himself, and so used precious club moolah to fund a personal chauffeur who drove him around the capital while he sat in the back swilling expensive brandies and sucking down fat cigars. He also sold the team bus, stuffing the £125 proceeds into his fat, bloated wallet.

But Norris was not all bad news for Arsenal, for his wily ways occasionally benefited the club. He was said to have offered sizeable – and illegal – financial inducements to lure Herbert Chapman from Huddersfield to manage the team, and Sunderland's top scorer Charlie Buchan to play for them. Given the two of them put their heads together to come up with the WM formation, which would eventually land Arsenal a sackful of pots in the 1930s, that wasn't bad business. It was, however, nothing compared his efforts in 1918, which saw Arsenal remarkably better placed when football resumed after the First World War. At the end of the 1914/15 season they had finished fifth in the Second Division – but four years later they were up.
Norris had taken advantage of the First Division's expansion from 20 to 22 clubs. It had been expected, following previous league expansions in 1898 and 1905, that the bottom two clubs in the First (in this case Chelsea and Tottenham) would stay up while the top two clubs in the Second (Derby and Preston) would be promoted. Derby and Preston's promotions were assured, but the other two places were up for grabs. Norris argued that Spurs deserved to be relegated on account of their league position. Chelsea, however, did not, as Manchester United would have been in the relegation zone instead had they not gained two points from a fixed 1915 match against Liverpool.
By arguing in favour Chelsea – but not calling for the demotion of United and Liverpool – Norris was winning brownie points for Arsenal with the League committee. Other committee members meanwhile were impressed with his powerful contacts; Norris was close friends with Liverpool chairman "Honest" John McKenna, president of the Football League. So when it came for the committee to decide who would get the final First Division place, Arsenal won more votes than Spurs, Wolves and Barnsley, who had all finished the 1914-15 campaign in higher positions. There were dark accusations of bribes having been offered, but nothing was ever proved. Arsenal have, of course, never since been relegated.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
I’m very anal and remember v Man Utd 0-0 back in the 80’sand then a defender ?? Marrico Tarrico ?? Tackles a good yard out side the box and get sent off and a penalty ,,which they score and finish up 4-0
Again v Man U at home ,also 0-0 close to half time and Ronald dives and they get a pen, and another we go and screw up and lose 0-4 . Ronald’s refused to ever take another corner over by the Shelf/ Park Lane corner
V Chelsea Sandro scored a beauty , and we lost 2-1 to an offside goal and a ball that had gone over the Back line .
Obviously the Mendes goal , and the time Nani put the ball in the net despite an obvious foul , but the worst was 0-2 up against Man Utd , the ball gets played through and Gomez comes out and Carrick goes down , Howard ( sir Alex) Webb blows up for a penalty .......come on you thick cunt , the ball went towards the half way line , so how did Gomes not get the ball. They scored the pen , and went on to win 4-2 , even the 2nd goal Modric gets fouled l he puts his whistle to his lips , before waving play in .
So overall most bad decisions have been against Man Utd , then Chelsea , and yeah we had em against Arsen and Liverpool ( Son this year )