By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Leaving or staying?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I've popped @Liam post over to this shiney new thread, in case long haired wizarding type geezers get upset!

Are you actually going for good mate? Me and the Mrs are considering our options and the completely fucked Greece might be abetter option for us in a year or so. Already got a gaff paid off out there and could probably afford to get a second one in Athens too. Been offered a job in Athens which is open whenever I want it and isn't bad money, not as good as I'm on here but a lot better than most Greeks are earning but if we got one gaff being rented out and mortgage paid off on the one we live in then our outgoing will be low and earnings quite.... Throw in the good weather, good food and me having more friends in Athens than I have in Oxford, Manchester, or London then it's starting to look a good prospect.. Would also rent the gaff in Manchester out to make a few more bob on that.....
Yes mate. Mrs D has retired now and we are sorting out the probate on her dad's will, it ain't massive, but it's complicated. I got a few quid from my mum's will last year, which was a huge surprise so we have enough money to buy a place. We don't own a house in the UK (or anywhere),we rent, so we're just going to pack up our stuff into storage, bugger off to Spain, rent a place over the winter while we look for the permanent place that we are going to buy. We've already got rid of half of our stuff, I knocked up a website and the good lady told all the other folks at school and it's gone! My plan is we just have enough to fill a transit van, all our furniture is ready to be replaced so none of that will be coming. We have started packing the keepers, so the plan is progressing. Sorted!

The options we have are buying a semi-detached house in Yeovil or a fucking villa with a pool in Spain, hmmmm, fucking easy choice really. We could be fucked if they cancel the reciprocal health agreements, but I can't see that happening cos 2m plus pensioners coming back to the UK would cause the government a teeny bit of agg! She's got a reasonable set of pensions, which we can live off no worries, I haven't, I never planned on living this long, but all I need is the Internet and I can work till I'm 90, they have got the internet in Spain so that's nice.

It's a risk of course with the Brexit fuckup, but life is risky innit?

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I've popped @Liam post over to this shiney new thread, in case long haired wizarding type geezers get upset!

Yes mate. Mrs D has retired now and we are sorting out the probate on her dad's will, it ain't massive, but it's complicated. I got a few quid from my mum's will last year, which was a huge surprise so we have enough money to buy a place. We don't own a house in the UK (or anywhere),we rent, so we're just going to pack up our stuff into storage, bugger off to Spain, rent a place over the winter while we look for the permanent place that we are going to buy. We've already got rid of half of our stuff, I knocked up a website and the good lady told all the other folks at school and it's gone! My plan is we just have enough to fill a transit van, all our furniture is ready to be replaced so none of that will be coming. We have started packing the keepers, so the plan is progressing. Sorted!

The options we have are buying a semi-detached house in Yeovil or a fucking villa with a pool in Spain, hmmmm, fucking easy choice really. We could be fucked if they cancel the reciprocal health agreements, but I can't see that happening cos 2m plus pensioners coming back to the UK would cause the government a teeny bit of agg! She's got a reasonable set of pensions, which we can live off no worries, I haven't, I never planned on living this long, but all I need is the Internet and I can work till I'm 90, they have got the internet in Spain so that's nice.

It's a risk of course with the Brexit fuckup, but life is risky innit?
Everything is a risk now though mate. Moving to Greece two years a go was just a big NO for us but things have gone a bit backwards here and it could be an option once we are married out there in July 2019. The only thing that's been keeping us here is the economy, if that goes tits up then see ya Britain. My step Dad voted for this cod shite and says why don't you stick around to make the country better.... I said cos you old cunts voted for why is my job to fix it? Also with the Mrs being Greek and my daughter half English half Greek I don't see why she should have to stick around to fix a cock up she had no say in after paying for a good education here, becoming a doctor here, buying a home here, and having a child here she doesn't feel so welcome anymore.... Which makes me feel sad and mad at the same time.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Everything is a risk now though mate. Moving to Greece two years a go was just a big NO for us but things have gone a bit backwards here and it could be an option once we are married out there in July 2019. The only thing that's been keeping us here is the economy, if that goes tits up then see ya Britain. My step Dad voted for this cod shite and says why don't you stick around to make the country better.... I said cos you old cunts voted for why is my job to fix it? Also with the Mrs being Greek and my daughter half English half Greek I don't see why she should have to stick around to fix a cock up she had no say in after paying for a good education here, becoming a doctor here, buying a home here, and having a child here she doesn't feel so welcome anymore.... Which makes me feel sad and mad at the same time.
Well if neither of you fuck off before this years NLD that would be nice. We could have a small San Miguel and a Raki to celebrate beating the Scum.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
If I had an option... I'd fucking take it.

Apparently my profession has been added to the Australia preference list.

Mrs is starting a new business and if that takes off it'll be easily teansferable to any country in the world.as it.relies on people getting old. I dunno where I would like to bring the kids up, but Oz seems an easy fit.

Trouble is Oz is forever or not at all. It's too far to visit.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
If I had an option... I'd fucking take it.

Apparently my profession has been added to the Australia preference list.

Mrs is starting a new business and if that takes off it'll be easily teansferable to any country in the world.as it.relies on people getting old. I dunno where I would like to bring the kids up, but Oz seems an easy fit.

Trouble is Oz is forever or not at all. It's too far to visit.
I know what you mean, and the cost, but Sydney is where I would go, every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I know what you mean, and the cost, but Sydney is where I would go, every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
That's what I mean if never even fucking been... to any of it... and its fucking massive.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Well if neither of you fuck off before this years NLD that would be nice. We could have a small San Miguel and a Raki to celebrate beating the Scum.
I'll be here for the derby mate. Not jumping ship just yet. Would have to really go down the shitter for us to leave to be honest but has been discussed as an option worse case scenario.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.

I don't know if I'd be moving to Sydney if I didn't have a high paying job set up. If you want to live near the beach and have a reasonable commute distance to your work, other cities are probably better options.

Reactions: Yid
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I don't know if I'd be moving to Sydney if I didn't have a high paying job set up. If you want to live near the beach and have a reasonable commute distance to your work, other cities are probably better options.
What's wrong with the ferry or Hydrofoil from Manly? can't think of a better way to go to work in the morning? I used to live at the top of the Corso and worked at Circular Quay. Bloody perfect mate!

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
What's wrong with the ferry or Hydrofoil from Manly? can't think of a better way to go to work in the morning? I used to live at the top of the Corso and worked at Circular Quay. Bloody perfect mate!

I lived in Cronulla. Was a great location just outside Sydney!

If I was moving back i'd probably aim for Perth as alot of my mates live there, but I loved Sydney. So much to do. Great weather and you earn a fortune.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.

There's nothing wrong with it. To live in Manly I'd be paying at least three times my current rent to live in a house smaller than the one I live in now. I can drive to the beach in less than 15 minutes where I live now.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Jeez didn't realise you were all so familiar with Sydney! My Mum is from West Sydney. Long thought above moving there myself, as I'm fortunate to not have to worry about any visa malarkey.

This said right now I'm pretty tied to the UK. That and I'm pretty much allergic to sunlight so there is that.

One of my favourite things is pulling in to circular quay station with the view out across the harbour to the opera house and the harbour bridge. Pretty awesome.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Hasn't everybody lived in Sydney? We lived in Neutral Bay for about a year, Balmoral Beach for 3 years - yeah, posh eh? We rented a ramshackle old falling down house in Botanic Road amongst the multi-million dollar houses, fucking brilliant. Cheap, 100 meters to the beach, great aircon (gaps in floorboards and windows for air, spiders, lizards, snakes etc. to get through). I agree with @Don Diaz, commuting on the ferries in Sydney has got to be one of the best commutes in the world, but, the times I have done the early morning ferry rides the cunts all look the same as commuters all over the world, pissed off, bored, not even noticing that they are travelling through an awesome place of awesomeness. Sometimes I think it's not where you live that's important but how you live there.

If there was the remotest chance of us being able to retire to Australia we we would be on the next plane, but we haven't got the required bucket loads of money and income. Unless we win the lottery, which is unlikely because I don't buy tickets, then it's going to be Spain for us.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
There's nothing wrong with it. To live in Manly I'd be paying at least three times my current rent to live in a house smaller than the one I live in now. I can drive to the beach in less than 15 minutes where I live now.
Manly is probably my 2nd least favourite place in Sydney. Bondi is my worstest. Everybdoy and his mate wants to go to Bondi or Manly. Drive up the road a bit from Manly to the Northern beaches and have a few miles to yourself. We used to go up to Dee Why and have breakfast in a nice cafe some weekends, nice!

Why do geezers on the beach in Australia where shorts down past their knees when the fucking postmen wear shorts that just about cover their dangly bits? It seems fucking odd that they wear more on the beach than they do at work. Very strange place.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Manly is probably my 2nd least favourite place in Sydney. Bondi is my worstest. Everybdoy and his mate wants to go to Bondi or Manly. Drive up the road a bit from Manly to the Northern beaches and have a few miles to yourself. We used to go up to Dee Why and have breakfast in a nice cafe some weekends, nice!

Why do geezers on the beach in Australia where shorts down past their knees when the fucking postmen wear shorts that just about cover their dangly bits? It seems fucking odd that they wear more on the beach than they do at work. Very strange place.

Because they are all on roids and have tiny wilies! Need baggy shorts so no one can see their mini penises!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member

Ha ha, we've had this conversation before. South Curl Curl and Narrabeen were my faves on the beachfront, Balmoral for somewhere nearby. Loved going to work everyday from Manly though and prior to that we all know that the Oaks in Neutral Bay was the boozer of choice.

Why do they call flip flops 'thongs'? it can get very confusing.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Because they are all on roids and have tiny wilies! Need baggy shorts so no one can see their mini penises!
Cronulla Sharks was the League team wasn't it? I remember going past 'Shark island' on the ferry to work, it was in the middle of the harbour.....scary stuff ha ha

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Ha ha, we've had this conversation before. South Curl Curl and Narrabeen were my faves on the beachfront, Balmoral for somewhere nearby. Loved going to work everyday from Manly though and prior to that we all know that the Oaks in Neutral Bay was the boozer of choice.

Why do they call flip flops 'thongs'? it can get very confusing.
I remember the first time I saw a 'No Thongs' sign outside a pub, I thought "crikey cobbler, strewth!"

There are drawbacks to Australia of course, the beer is piss, how the fuck anyone can drink that VB stuff I don't know. That's probably why they drink it in those stupid little glasses, because it's fucking 'orrible. But, the pies make up for the beer. Best pies in the world, and those really crap ones they do at the Aussie rules football with the tomato sauce, rank as fuck, but go very nicely with a few of them nasty beers and that very strange game.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
We went to a bit of French countryside earlier this year, about an hour north of Toulouse. I was dreading it, because I thought there would be nothing going on and I'd have to eat lambs testicles, frogs and badgers tail all week. Turns out it was very good, even some nice French people appeared when i tried out my O level french and all very affordable because there weren't any tourists except for us. Great gorges for walking or hiring a bike (very civilised - they have motors on them for the hills) a lot of interesting places to visit, mostly from Medieval times a lot of wine around Cahors and great food, not a frog in sight, well apart from the 7 in the swimming pool, with green water. Nice place if you like that sort of thing, I didn't much and now I do.

(it helps getting along with the French if you watch the World cup semi in bar and they win and then england lose the following night)

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We went to a bit of French countryside earlier this year, about an hour north of Toulouse. I was dreading it, because I thought there would be nothing going on and I'd have to eat lambs testicles, frogs and badgers tail all week. Turns out it was very good, even some nice French people appeared when i tried out my O level french and all very affordable because there weren't any tourists except for us. Great gorges for walking or hiring a bike (very civilised - they have motors on them for the hills) a lot of interesting places to visit, mostly from Medieval times a lot of wine around Cahors and great food, not a frog in sight, well apart from the 7 in the swimming pool, with green water. Nice place if you like that sort of thing, I didn't much and now I do.

(it helps getting along with the French if you watch the World cup semi in bar and they win and then england lose the following night)
FAKE NEWS!

This is so obviously bullshit, you can tell by the "some nice French people appeared" bit. This is like saying there were some South Africans with nice accents, or vegetarian Scottish people or clever Somerset folks.

Seriously, I love the food in France. They take food very seriously and go for quality not quality like the English peasants do. They would rather have one fantastic handmade chocolate instead of the 1kg bar of Diary Milk our obese fuckers do. Wandering round the markets tasting the food is brilliant. We had one bloke say we had to wait half an hour before we tried his cheese because we had sampled some brandy from the stall next door, we needed to let our palate recover!

France is nice, but I find the Spanish language easier. If Germany was a bit warmer in the winter we'd go there. Italy is a bit mental and the Greek language is all Greek to me. I don't get Portugese, I can't make out any words it just sounds like "ssszzzzhhh' to me so that's out.

C

corroded

Player in Training.

This might be the most Dorset post you've even written Don.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
This might be the most Dorset post you've even written Don.
Ha ha yeah you're probably right. Allergic to sunlight? this Summer has been a bit of a bummer then??

C

corroded

Player in Training.
I'm not really... I'm just really, really pale.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Cronulla Sharks was the League team wasn't it? I remember going past 'Shark island' on the ferry to work, it was in the middle of the harbour.....scary stuff ha ha

Yeah that was the team. Lot of bollocks Aussie rules though.

Yeah got ushered out of the sea a fair few times with the auld shark whistle. Turns out Norn Irish folk can run on water when the whistle blows.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'm not really... I'm just really, really pale.
Bruv I feel your pain as I too am a pasty cunt.

Infact it has just stepped up another level for me as after years of just being a pasty cunt and getting sun burned off of anything stronger than a 60 watt light bulb, I have developed an auto immune disease that could mean any sun fucks me up proper.

Gotta go to the quack as it's not a serious thing yet, but could apparently make me look like a fucking dalmation in the future...!!!

Spray tans all round...!!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Bruv I feel your pain as I too am a pasty cunt.

Infact it has just stepped up another level for me as after years of just being a pasty cunt and getting sun burned off of anything stronger than a 60 watt light bulb, I have developed an auto immune disease that could mean any sun fucks me up proper.

Gotta go to the quack as it's not a serious thing yet, but could apparently make me look like a fucking dalmation in the future...!!!

Spray tans all round...!!!
Vitiligo? I've got that, but I am such an ugly cunt it doesn't make any difference.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Vitiligo? I've got that, but I am such an ugly cunt it doesn't make any difference.
Yeah that's the ticket, but because my little girl has just been diagnosed with a different auto immune disease we as a fam have to be a real careful about it all... its fucking shit tho as I was firmly blaming the missus's shit genes for my little girl.... (gulp)

Never mind, I'd take the sunburn if it meant I could leave this shit tip

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Currently in Slovakia visiting the in-laws, trying to decide whether I could live here. Beers good, foods good and daily living is dirt cheap.

Language is tough to learn unfortunately, they have sounds that don’t exist in English. So working would be tricky unless I taught English, unless my current company allows me to be decentralised in another country

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
I’m staying , my ancestors originally came over here raping and pillaging , and I’m not gonna sit idly by and watch another lot do the the same .....this is my country, and I like it .
Don’t go Liam , didn’t know your Mrs was Greek , nor a Dr , I hope she Urns a lot ......do you speak the lingo . See you at LFC Game I assume you bought your ticket