By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Liverpool A EFL cup 19:45 tues 25th oct 2016

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
LiverpoolSpursHeader.jpg
. .........

The games keep coming!!Round 4 of the unbranded EFL cup sees us visit the newly developed Anfield for the 1st time,been a lot of draws between the sides recently,not tonight though!!With a home game against leicester following on saturday after this match and the Bayer Liversausage weds next week expect the squad to show its strength.I would guess Wimmer wants us to stay in this cup all the way!!Marcus Edwards here`s a chance to make a name for yourself on the big stage.

Hopefully we wont be polluted here with such nonsense as "hope we go out of this competition",yes its quite low on the rankings this time of the season but should we win tonight we would be a mere two opponents from the final on Feb 26th.

006922ED00000578-2973217-image-a-27_1425123037999.jpg

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Henderson is suspended after picking up a 5th booking yesterday.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We are inundated with games, swamped I tells ya! But, it is so worth having a good go in this game because as @skiathospurs says, win this and 2 games later you're at Wembley again and I like going to Wembley and meeting all the charming gentlemen like Jimmy and the Norwegians in the Blue Oyster Club

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
We can drop most of our regulars (which I fully expect Poch to do) and still put out a team capable of beating the dippers, who I'd think would field a slightly closer to full squad. As I understand it, the whole point of this squad depth thing I keep hearing about is to be able to compete on all fronts. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like to see some of our fringe players (Carroll, Winks, Onomah, Carter-Vickers and Wimmer in particular) feature, not because I want us out of a cup but because I think this tournament is valuable for giving some of the youngsters a chance to impress and give Poch even more selection headaches. That said, I'd still like to batter those pricks. Who said modern fans are too demanding?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
We can drop most of our regulars (which I fully expect Poch to do) and still put out a team capable of beating the dippers, who I'd think would field a slightly closer to full squad. As I understand it, the whole point of this squad depth thing I keep hearing about is to be able to compete on all fronts. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like to see some of our fringe players (Carroll, Winks, Onomah, Carter-Vickers and Wimmer in particular) feature, not because I want us out of a cup but because I think this tournament is valuable for giving some of the youngsters a chance to impress and give Poch even more selection headaches. That said, I'd still like to batter those pricks. Who said modern fans are too demanding?
For me its just a question of which 1 or 2 players are included to help guide the kids,dembele for me.needs to get back in the groove and maybe eriksen too.As you say the squad is good enough,we dont have any fazio`s or chiriches holding back the great and good from the academy anymore.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I never want to see us lose a game and that goes for Tuesday as well. But Liverpool have no European football this year and we have a hectic Schedule coming up. I expect Poch to play a strong 'squad' team but it won't be a disaster if we go out at this stage, whilst resting a few like Dele Alli who looked a bit jaded towards the end against Bournemouth.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I never want to see us lose a game and that goes for Tuesday as well. But Liverpool have no European football this year and we have a hectic Schedule coming up. I expect Poch to play a strong 'squad' team but it won't be a disaster if we go out at this stage, whilst resting a few like Dele Alli who looked a bit jaded towards the end against Bournemouth.
def and whilst I dont do lineups;vorm,trippier,davies,wimmer,ccv,winks,onomah,sissoko,janssen whom none started at the weekend, well its pretty much a decent team already,just add two and its a good XI for the cup,not a 2nd string surrender the competition by any means.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
def and whilst I dont do lineups;vorm,trippier,davies,wimmer,ccv,winks,onomah,sissoko,janssen whom none started at the weekend, well its pretty much a decent team already,just add two and its a good XI for the cup,not a 2nd string surrender the competition by any means.
I never do the team picking sort of thing because I know fuck all about football, but I thought I'd have a go this time.

My Back 4 and keeper are easy to pick:

VORM

TRIPPIER WIMMER CARTER-VICKERS DAVIES

Fuck all wrong with that lineup for any game, PL or EFL Cup I reckon.

I am going for a 4-5-1 formation, if you want me to explain why then you know less about football than I do - blimey, the beams have been crossed that is not possible! It could be seen as a 4-2-3-1, a 4-2-1-1-1-1 or a 4-1-1-1-1-1-1 or a 4-3-1-1-1 - does it really make any difference what you call it? It's just a load of blokes chasing a ball innit?

N'KOUDOU ONAMAH SISSOKO DEMBELE(C) WINKS

Wy Dembele? Well we will need some experience and I'm putting him in as skipper and I will try and sub him off at half time. Will Sissoko be banned by tomorrow? Probably not, a good chance for him to show us how good he can be before his holiday. We should be 3 or 4 up by the break as my striker will be banging them in for fun, so the Moose can have a rest and I'll bring on Little Tom that will confuse the dippers - a tiny bloke coming on for a monster. I won't need any other subs as they will all be having a lovely time making the Dippers look like theAccrington Stanley ladies team.

JANSSEN

Subs: Lopez , Walker , Dier , Caroll , Ali , Lamella, Wanyama

It's easy this football manager lark, I am sure Mr P will be reading this and will mention my influence in the post-match victory interview.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Mousa was my man of the match against Bournemouth....and anyone giving Eriksen a hard time wasn't watching the game. Our man Eric still looks a bit out of sorts and Dele for all of his clever stuff looked tired by the end. That draw was a good result in the end, possibly should have won based on the second half but not disappointed, as long as Bournemouth play like that against all the top teams not just us!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Mousa was my man of the match against Bournemouth....and anyone giving Eriksen a hard time wasn't watching the game. Our man Eric still looks a bit out of sorts and Dele for all of his clever stuff looked tired by the end. That draw was a good result in the end, possibly should have won based on the second half but not disappointed, as long as Bournemouth play like that against all the top teams not just us!
I think the Numperties were too busy whining about Janssen and Sissoko to slag off Christian. I don't know if Bournemouth will be able to keep up the top form they have shown in the last 4 games, probably not because Wheelchair's moaning and Billy Big-Bollocks stuff will suck the energy out of them. It doesn't really matter I suppose, we played them when they were on a roll and didn't get beaten, Everton did got duffed over by them, the Everton numpties must really be having a party after being beaten by Bournemouth and Burnley!

Tuesday's game is a no win for the Poch in Numpty Dumpty land. If he plays the 'kids' and we get thumped he will be a cunt, if he plays the first team and we don't beat Leicester he will be a cunt, if the Dippers win he will be a cunt and if we don't win by at least 4 goals then ... yeah you guessed it they will blame Janssen and Sissoko - and Lamela, Dier, Christian, Ali and all the others who have bee 'blamed' for our recent poor performances. Do fucking what? What 'poor performances'? I think the numpties have been watching United and don't realise they are not watching Tottingham Hotspurs from White Heart Lane.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I never do the team picking sort of thing because I know fuck all about football, but I thought I'd have a go this time.

My Back 4 and keeper are easy to pick:

VORM

TRIPPIER WIMMER CARTER-VICKERS DAVIES

Fuck all wrong with that lineup for any game, PL or EFL Cup I reckon.

I am going for a 4-5-1 formation, if you want me to explain why then you know less about football than I do - blimey, the beams have been crossed that is not possible! It could be seen as a 4-2-3-1, a 4-2-1-1-1-1 or a 4-1-1-1-1-1-1 or a 4-3-1-1-1 - does it really make any difference what you call it? It's just a load of blokes chasing a ball innit?

N'KOUDOU ONAMAH SISSOKO DEMBELE(C) WINKS

Wy Dembele? Well we will need some experience and I'm putting him in as skipper and I will try and sub him off at half time. Will Sissoko be banned by tomorrow? Probably not, a good chance for him to show us how good he can be before his holiday. We should be 3 or 4 up by the break as my striker will be banging them in for fun, so the Moose can have a rest and I'll bring on Little Tom that will confuse the dippers - a tiny bloke coming on for a monster. I won't need any other subs as they will all be having a lovely time making the Dippers look like theAccrington Stanley ladies team.

JANSSEN

Subs: Lopez , Walker , Dier , Caroll , Ali , Lamella, Wanyama

It's easy this football manager lark, I am sure Mr P will be reading this and will mention my influence in the post-match victory interview.
Oh yeah I forgot Nkoudou and edwards too.Actually if toby is back on saturday I may partner dier at the back with one on T`other CBs.But like you I am of an age when you could buy the programme thursday with the team already printed on the back,actually most games I arrive in the ground 5 mins before kick off and find out the team as I spot them,I cannot be arsed to play football manager in my tiny swede and 2nd guess what even sherwood would do.I enjoy supporting the club,watching the game and sharing a few libations with others,picking the side?why on earth would I know better than even Ramos.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
[QUOTE="Dorset, post: 3632, member: 11" Will Sissoko be banned by tomorrow? Probably not, a good chance for him to show us how good he can be before his holiday. [/QUOTE]
Looks like he is available?
CviHrC4WAAAZoJR.jpg

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is facing the media and has confirmed that goalkeeper Simon Mignolet will start against Spurs in the EFL Cup fourth-round tie at Anfield on Tuesday.
If we are lucky he will play moreno too!!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
[QUOTE="Dorset, post: 3632, member: 11" Will Sissoko be banned by tomorrow? Probably not, a good chance for him to show us how good he can be before his holiday.
[/QUOTE]
Spurs accepted the charge apparently

#thfc team news vs Liverpool: Alderweireld & Kane out, Sissoko banned. Edwards out for 6-7 weeks with twisted ankle. Nkoudou, Vorm to start.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Damn, Edwards out. Was looking forward to maybe seeing a bit of him. Nkoudou looks like he has a bit about him to me, though, he'll be fine. I'd rather see him get a run out against the dippers than Sissoko if he hadn't been banned anyway.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 52s52 seconds ago
Mauricio: "It's always difficult to play a big team like Liverpool. It'll be tough. They aren't in Europe and have a very strong squad."
"It's important that everyone in the squad feels they can play. @Vorm_Official will play, he is very experienced and a top GK.
On team news: "@AlderweireldTob is recovering but still out. @HKane making progress. Edwards is out - injury picked up before Leverkusen."

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
[QUOTE="Dorset, post: 3632, member: 11" Will Sissoko be banned by tomorrow? Probably not, a good chance for him to show us how good he can be before his holiday.
CviHrC4WAAAZoJR.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Perhaps the FA can refer to Harry Artur's post match interview where he stated that Sissoko had apologised and called it an Accident. Artur accepts this as the truth and hoped as such he would receive no punishment.

Another act in the same game saw Artur himself follow through in a tackle on Wanyama, this has not been cited...where do you draw the line??

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
CviHrC4WAAAZoJR.jpg
Perhaps the FA can refer to Harry Artur's post match interview where he stated that Sissoko had apologised and called it an Accident. Artur accepts this as the truth and hoped as such he would receive no punishment.

Another act in the same game saw Artur himself follow through in a tackle on Wanyama, this has not been cited...where do you draw the line??[/QUOTE]
CvjSyKFXEAEUP-I.jpg

:eek:

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Looking forward to seeing this one. I think we've nothing to lose with this one imo and I do reckon they'll rest a few even tho they've no European football. My only concern is that apparently its their year and they're destined to win everything. That way they'll be able to celebrate in their lovely wee ground that they've built that wee extension on.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
I'll be amazed and immensely proud of the team if we get a result here as I fully expect loads of changes and a far from first X1 team put out. Pity as the wankfest will just increase in intensity if they get through. Bunch of cunts.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
It's a cup game. It's a cup game that we are playing in. It's a chance to humiliate the Dippers. What's not to like?

My absolute favourite Spurs games are Premier League games, my other absolute favourite games are Champions League games, another of my absolute favourite games are EFL Cup games as well as FA Cup games, of course my absolute favourites of all games is any game where we are playing. I love them ones the best. What was it 7 games in 23 days or something?

Some cunts over in Kiddy Korner are saying tonight's game is the least important game of the season. Do fucking what John? A fucking cup game against Liverpool and it is the least important? Cunts, whatsometotalcunts. Luckily we have an immensely strong squad at the moment and we can put out our 2nd team and still win, but I might have to go back to that shitehole and do some cunt-calling if the wankers dare to celebrate a loss tonight. It won't happen of course, but just in case, I'll let you know if I decide to go medieval so you can watch and enjoy.

I am looking forward to this game, I am excited and optimistic that we will take another step towards wining the quadruple this season. So, fuck off numpties, fuck off, fuck off and fuck off. COYS!

Last edited:
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
#LFC team v @SpursOfficial: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Lucas, Klavan, Moreno, Stewart, Wijnaldum, Grujic, Ejaria, Origi, Sturridge
subs Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Can, Lallana, Mane, Ings

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
subs: Lopez, Walkes, Vertonghen, Amos, Lamela, Wanyama, Harrison

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I like it Mr Poch, we may get beaten, we may not....but giving everyone game time and opportunity is to be applauded in my view.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Lucas and Moreno in their back 4??thats encouraging,sturridge &origi so maybe 442?,
nothing to fear,hopefully a good game and spurs go marching on

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Vorm needed to be a bit more committed in claiming that at Sturridges feet.

Still, bright start from the youngsters