By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Liverpool (A) PL Sun 31st March 2019 16:30

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Really frustrating. I thought most of our team played really well, we were definitely the better side and deserved the 3 points - how many times have we said that? If I had a quid for every time I'd said it I'd have at least nine quid. Hugo. To be honest, he gets right on my thrupnies, I blamed him, probably unfairly for both goals, his clearances are pony as fuck, if he can't kick it to one of our players then for fuck's fucking sake just belt it right up the other end, not 20 yards up the pitch straight to an opposition player. Lucas was on fire. Poor old Sissoko got scared I think, his confidence is coming back but he had a right old decision making wobble there. They got lucky we didn't.
100% Nail on the fucking head. Total post, not just the comment in bold.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Probably one of the most disappointing matches I have ever watched. We have just been re-programmed to find a way to lose. I am at a loss. Hope the stadium is a boost but I think that even if we do hold on to top four few players need to find a new home. And if we don't then I can go back to stress free weekends and be happy if we don't get relegated. Thought for sure we'd win that match. If we don't get a response the rest of the season then we are in deep trouble.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
100% Nail on the fucking head. Total post, not just the comment in bold.
Indeed. Clearances were not good enough, and should've done better
Really frustrating. I thought most of our team played really well, we were definitely the better side and deserved the 3 points - how many times have we said that? If I had a quid for every time I'd said it I'd have at least nine quid. Hugo. To be honest, he gets right on my thrupnies, I blamed him, probably unfairly for both goals, his clearances are pony as fuck, if he can't kick it to one of our players then for fuck's fucking sake just belt it right up the other end, not 20 yards up the pitch straight to an opposition player. Lucas was on fire. Poor old Sissoko got scared I think, his confidence is coming back but he had a right old decision making wobble there. They got lucky we didn't.
Agree with all of this, but especially the bit about Hugo. Every goalkeeper occasionally has a clanger like the one he committed for their second, but his kicking--or maybe more the decision-making behind his kicking--has been consistently very poor for some time now, and has cost us dearly. I'm not one to look for players to point the finger at after losing, and I hate to say it, but it hasn't been good enough from the club captain all season.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Indeed. Clearances were not good enough, and should've done better

Agree with all of this, but especially the bit about Hugo. Every goalkeeper occasionally has a clanger like the one he committed for their second, but his kicking--or maybe more the decision-making behind his kicking--has been consistently very poor for some time now, and has cost us dearly. I'm not one to look for players to point the finger at after losing, and I hate to say it, but it hasn't been good enough from the club captain all season.
It's a massive problem. A large portion of our game, or any top sides game now days is distribution from the back. The keeper needs to be able to punt it first time around different areas of the field. It's 50/50 if Hugo will even keep it in play. So many opposition attacks happen from his mistakes.

I love Hugo. He's been immense for us, but watching Gazzaniga punt the ball around is different gravy. He's right up there with that tatted geezer playing for city.

It used to be that Hugo would save you 10 points a season. Christ he did save our bacon against Dortmund, but it's been few and far between this year.