By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Liverpool (A) PL Weds 16th Dec 2020 20.00

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Credit to 'Pool.
Impressed with that young Jones lad.
Massive game & he didn't look out of place.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
What a bunch of total wankers, you can take any Spurs team from any era (of my lifetime) and we always concede these shit set pieces.

Mourinho and his bullshit tactics can fuck right off, Fulham did more to win Thier game than we did. Utter crap. I'm really, really, really...

Unhappy.

Now we will have to endure Klopps gloating.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Fucking fuck.

You know, against some clubs I can see us packing our own 18 with all our players & not worrying (see Arse game).
But against this side, doing the same you are either going to come out lucky or punished.
Not a fan of it.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Absolute fucking cunts...

FUUUUUCK.... they didn't deserve that not by a fucking long way.....

If we had have played them full tilt from the off instead of fucking defending for 42 mins of the first fucking half we might have had a turned these cunts over....

Look if we'd have defended and won... i wouldnt have given much of a fuck... but we didn't so I can be fucking grumpy about 95% of the first half....

Fuck sake, I hate these dirty fucks.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
The massive noticeable difference between the 2 sides, are how comfortable every Liverpool player is on the ball, even under pressure they find their man. We were much better in the 2nd half, just struggled passing out of defence, still had some decent chances.

They’re a wonderful side in terms of their passing and moving, they have the players to do that and have been well coached in the art over the last 4 years.

We simply don’t have the players to be able to control a match like that against that kind of opposition. I thought we did ok to be honest. Weren’t really clinical enough but hard to argue with that, given how clinical we’ve been of late.

Really impressed with Serge this season, looks a totally different player. Shame we couldn’t get Tanguy on the pitch. Anyway i’m gutted but not too despondent.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Fuck off Mourinho, fuck off, fuck off then fuck off again. Chavs 2.0. Someone let me know when that cunt has gone and we start playing football again.
I can't stomach his cowardly backward tactics any more, it was bad enough winning this way but to see is rolled over when they only had 1 recognised CB is just shameful.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
didnt see the game, but sounds like we parked the bus from the off. disappointing, but not surprising from Jose. He best win some silverware this year with these shit ass tactics.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Will take years to get over that one. Missed chances and not defending the only guy on their team that scores headers. Letting Dier take free kicks. Not really sure where our mentality is improving. The positive thing is that in the second half we showed we could match them if we had a go. Not sure if Mourinho believes that though.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Will take years to get over that one. Missed chances and not defending the only guy on their team that scores headers. Letting Dier take free kicks. Not really sure where our mentality is improving. The positive thing is that in the second half we showed we could match them if we had a go. Not sure if Mourinho believes that though.
And for 3 mins in the first half...

I've still not calmed down, I'm going to bed.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Approach in the second half was better, but Mourinho will see that as a failure--he'll conclude that we need to park the bus for 90 minutes instead of 45 (or more like 60). Putting aside whether it's right or wrong, in terms of results, if you're going to play that way, you have to be clinical, and we weren't.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Like @Chavhater01 said, they play some wonderful football, something that we are renowned for yet don't express as much anymore. We've got plenty of quality yet we rarely utilize it to the max. Liverpool had numerous holes in their lineup which were patched up with reserves & makeshift players. That's what you want to exploit. Play behind their attacking FB's & expose their CB's.

Lowly Fulham had a go at them & came away with a point. Surely Jose & his staff analyzed that match but seemingly only came away with the 11 behind the ball game plan. Parker showed bigger balls than Jose. He may have been a little naïve & 'Pool may not have taken them so seriously but they came away from their game with more than what we did.

And FWIW, I feel we were lucky with our goal. I've seen much closer calls being reversed by VAR.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Like @Chavhater01 said, they play some wonderful football, something that we are renowned for yet don't express as much anymore. We've got plenty of quality yet we rarely utilize it to the max. Liverpool had numerous holes in their lineup which were patched up with reserves & makeshift players. That's what you want to exploit. Play behind their attacking FB's & expose their CB's.

Lowly Fulham had a go at them & came away with a point. Surely Jose & his staff analyzed that match but seemingly only came away with the 11 behind the ball game plan. Parker showed bigger balls than Jose. He may have been a little naïve & 'Pool may not have taken them so seriously but they came away from their game with more than what we did.

And FWIW, I feel we were lucky with our goal. I've seen much closer calls being reversed by VAR.

Jose is a fucking coward.

Smash and grab football is fucking gutless.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
I dont see why some on here are defending Mourinho after that...with respect.
We didnt have to play like that !?! Why did we ?? Why did we not test a makeshift centre half partnership ? Why didnt we get at them from the off and have a go ? We proved, they were weak at the back when we started pressurising them.. getting through them easily at times, but for some reason we stopped and retracted. Bringing Reguilon on and putting 5 at the back with 15 mins left.
Its fucking cynical & lacking in any kind of bottle!!

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
We didnt have to play like that !?! Why did we ?? Why did we not test a makeshift centre half partnership ? Why didnt we get at them from the off and have a go ? We proved, they were weak at the back when we started pressurising them.. getting through them easily at times, but for some reason we stopped and retracted. Bringing Reguilon on and putting 5 at the back with 15 mins left.
Agreed @Dave. Any doubts or insecurities they may have had with the CB's & young Jones in midfield were alleviated by them easily controlling the ball from the onset. If we had tried to go at them right away we might have de-stabilized them & confirmed their concerns. In other words, hit them hard right away & let them know you mean business & that they may be in for a long night.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.

Post match interviews suggest that the Liverpool players thought that that was they're best performance of the season.

Fulham didn't really have a go at them mate, they had exactly the same amount of possession as we had. As you alluded to, the intensity was totally different from Liverpool tonight compared to their game against Fulham, they're at home with a few thousand fans where they haven't lost for fuck knows how long. I reckon they had one eye on the game tonight and thought they could coast through against Fulham.

They didn't really have any holes in their team, other than Williams and that Jones, who looked seriously impressive and in all honesty Fabinho is just as good back there as Matip or Gomez. Even if some of them weren't fully fit, the fact Klopp didn't make a single substitution suggests they were all fine.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Just to be clear, I get what & why he's trying to do what he does but I would take a different approach.

Maybe that's why I'm here & he's there lol.

He's had plenty of success doing what he does & had us top of the table for weeks. Still we sit 2nd with plenty to play for on numerous fronts. Lots to be positive about.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
I've liked the post and agree with 99% but bringing on Reggie was a good move into, they were trebling up on Davies and always had a man over in behind, Reggie stopped that instantly, it's what gave us the base to push for the last few mins.

I'm defending him! See what you've made me do! Argh, I feel sick.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Just to be clear, I get what & why he's trying to do what he does but I would take a different approach.

He's had plenty of success doing what he does & had us top of the table for weeks. Still we sit 2nd with plenty to play for on numerous fronts. Lots to be positive about.
Yeh but we all know that that's that now, been a Spurs fan too long, we'll fold against Leicester now and be happy to try for 4th, that game was the chance to force change and Mou blew it.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
I've liked the post and agree with 99% but bringing on Reggie was a good move into, they were trebling up on Davies and always had a man over in behind, Reggie stopped that instantly, it's what gave us the base to push for the last few mins.

I'm defending him! See what you've made me do! Argh, I feel sick.
Heh heh, Dont get me wrong about Reggie, I love him. But as soon as I saw Davies starting instead of him, I thought, here we go, bus parking time. The whole approach was negative from the start. I actually DON'T see why he's doing what he's doing. I dont understand why he sat back v Newcastle and let them have the ball with 20 mins left when prior to that there was little threat ? Same against Palace, same against West Ham, and tonight we went out with a negative approach when I think if we had gone for the jugular from the start, we could have beaten them comfortably.
It's no wonder they thought they played well....they were allowed to. Stroking the ball around with no pressure coming from anyone until the final third.
Leicester is must win now.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Heh heh, Dont get me wrong about Reggie, I love him. But as soon as I saw Davies starting instead of him, I thought, here we go, bus parking time. The whole approach was negative from the start. I actually DON'T see why he's doing what he's doing. I dont understand why he sat back v Newcastle and let them have the ball with 20 mins left when prior to that there was little threat ? Same against Palace, same against West Ham, and tonight we went out with a negative approach when I think if we had gone for the jugular from the start, we could have beaten them comfortably.
It's no wonder they thought they played well....they were allowed to. Stroking the ball around with no pressure coming from anyone until the final third.
Leicester is must win now.
Completely agree.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The massive noticeable difference between the 2 sides, are how comfortable every Liverpool player is on the ball, even under pressure they find their man. We were much better in the 2nd half, just struggled passing out of defence, still had some decent chances.

They’re a wonderful side in terms of their passing and moving, they have the players to do that and have been well coached in the art over the last 4 years.

We simply don’t have the players to be able to control a match like that against that kind of opposition. I thought we did ok to be honest. Weren’t really clinical enough but hard to argue with that, given how clinical we’ve been of late.

Really impressed with Serge this season, looks a totally different player. Shame we couldn’t get Tanguy on the pitch. Anyway i’m gutted but not too despondent.
We are missing a ball playing but high energy midfielder,like eriksen 3 years ago.TBH i wasnt a fan but we missed out on grealish,thats the kinda player we need.Someone to make things happen and be a bit of a cunt as well.I am perfectly fine with being super solid defensively with the hojbjerg/sissoko screen,but the other player(s) have got to make the difference.
If Bergwjn had slotted those chances,we`d be happy now.Hopefully he will get his head up and start scoring to compliment son and kane.Could have been a career changing moment if he had scored,he is looking good though,I wont knock him,just hope he gets a spell and the goals will come.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

The leicester game is really important to win now,that would get us back on track,two on the bounce will be a blow to their confidence going forward.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
We are missing a ball playing but high energy midfielder,like eriksen 3 years ago.TBH i wasnt a fan but we missed out on grealish,thats the kinda player we need.Someone to make things happen and be a bit of a cunt as well.I am perfectly fine with being super solid defensively with the hojbjerg/sissoko screen,but the other player(s) have got to make the difference.
If Bergwjn had slotted those chances,we`d be happy now.Hopefully he will get his head up and start scoring to compliment son and kane.Could have been a career changing moment if he had scored,he is looking good though,I wont knock him,just hope he gets a spell and the goals will come.
I think we have that player in GLC but because Jose sets his team up in such a negative way, he's not going to get a fair run imo..

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I think we have that player in GLC but because Jose sets his team up in such a negative way, he's not going to get a fair run imo..
I dont see it in him,PL pace has games passing him by.Too many fouls with late tackles,I prefer Ndobby over him,more creative but slightly more off the pace.But a long run in the team can turn anyone around,Bale,sissoko,aurier,I hope you are right about lo celso,but so far drifts in and out of games,is that tactics?I dont know.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I dont see it in him,PL pace has games passing him by.Too many fouls with late tackles,I prefer Ndobby over him,more creative but slightly more off the pace.But a long run in the team can turn anyone around,Bale,sissoko,aurier,I hope you are right about lo celso,but so far drifts in and out of games,is that tactics?I dont know.

The fat fellow is ten times the player GLC is.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Mourinho said 'team best team lost', his Spurs tinted glasses must be even more tinted than the Spurs fans who think that performance last night was remotely acceptable and we were anywhere near winning it.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The fat fellow is ten times the player GLC is.
for 60mins !!He too just doesnt have that zip about him required for English football OFC its my opinion and I was wrong about aurier,sissoko.There is something just not committed for me,its a big step up the time you have vs french farmers and even stoke on a weds night in a cup qtr final.He has skills,show me a bit more dobby and I will change my mind.