By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Long suffering.

W

wentworth

Player in Training.
Been a fan since 1955. First match Leicester City v Spurs at Filbert Stree. Spurs won 3-1.
Very disillusioned with Conte. Lots of histrionics but so boring, defensive and predictable. Makes ridiculous subs with minutes to go when we are losing. Dislikes young players and insists playing Doherty and Royal over the talented Spence.
Do not want him to sign a new contract.
He is not a Spurs type. The players look confused and disheartened.
Come back Poch ...we need an attacking coach that promotes exciting football

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
1955? You must be really old, even older than me! A I am only a youngster I didn't see my first Spurs match until 1964 when I was 8. Sir Bill was the manager and seeing blokes like Greavesie and Dave MacKay at that age ensured I was gonna be a Spurs fan forever. I agree about Conte, but until we have owner who will allow the manager to manage and support the bloke I don't think Poch coming back would make any difference. The rot started under Poch, he didn't get sacked because we were playing such great football and winning everything , it continued with Nuno and that other Portugese cunt, now Conte. Something is very wrong - I blame Levy, Louis, ENIC and Brexit, I blame them for everything bad that happened since the bastards killed all the dinosaurs.

W

wentworth

Player in Training.
I agree re: Levy. Always goes for the bargain basement buys.
I'm really disappointed with our lack of young players coming through despite fantastic facilities. Mind you, Conte never plays them. Harvey White has been on bench all season. Maybe he will get 30 seconds against Palace

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
I agree re: Levy. Always goes for the bargain basement buys.
I'm really disappointed with our lack of young players coming through despite fantastic facilities. Mind you, Conte never plays them. Harvey White has been on bench all season. Maybe he will get 30 seconds against Palace
Think the difference between Poch and (Conte/Mourinho) is Poch wanted to build over a longer period and do something special. And only for Levy not backing him in 2016 with 1 or 2 additions, we would have been champions imo. With the other two, it's all about "them" and their cv. They don't give a fuck about anything but themselves,
Poch had a genuine love for the club and it showed.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Think the difference between Poch and (Conte/Mourinho) is Poch wanted to build over a longer period and do something special. And only for Levy not backing him in 2016 with 1 or 2 additions, we would have been champions imo. With the other two, it's all about "them" and their cv. They don't give a fuck about anything but themselves,
Poch had a genuine love for the club and it showed.
The daft thing is, Poch is/was the kind of coach that was perfect for Levy. Someone who was happy to work with younger players to improve them so he could take the usual bargain buys and turn them into something decent.

Mourinho and Conte are almost the complete antithesis of the Levy manager because they want the 'finished article' no matter what they might cost and Enic are never going to spend that kind of money on a regular basis.

I'd wager that if you looked at the money spent on transfers over the past few years compared to what we'd have needed to spend to back Poch when he asked for it, it would be like night and day.

W

wentworth

Player in Training.
Poch was a great coach. Respected by the players and fans. However, Levy failed to back hom to replace players like Dembele. Poch got the best out of Dele and Moira.
Spurs have deteriorated dramatically under Moanino, Nuno and now Conte....all boring and stuck in the past.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
...all boring and stuck in the past.
While I don't disagree with you and as my posts seem to be taking on a theme right now, it's not just them that is/was stuck in the past.

This club is being run like its the 90's...

Nowerdays there's 2 business models...

Pay up and cash in.
Buy everything you need, leverage it against the clubs assets and roll those dice... if it works you're rich... if it doesn't you sell all the assets. And try the other business model...

Mid table growth.
This is where you work within your means and invest in touch and recruitment... you have relative successes and incrementally work your way to a point where you need to take the leap into the other business model...

There is a third where you're financed by a torturous, murdering regime and you buy everything for cash washing the sins and blood off the hands of of your country and its exploitation of people and the plannet...

Anyway, Enic out.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I think it's simple - Levy breaks promises - if he had backed Poch, when asked and after he had over achieved in 2018, it is likely that Poch would still be here now and we would not have had to suffer over the past 3-4 years.

Levy is a bastard - hires great managers then doesn't support them, he's all about revenue streams, shareholder value and business models. He, Enic and any other cronies need to get out of the club, probable cost for this to happen c. £4bn.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Welcome to the site @wentworth, we are a sad set of bastards right now aren't we?