By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Maccabi Haifa (H) EL Rnd 17 thurs 1st nov 2020 20.00 queens english time

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
good, but semi nerby win when they got that pen to star tthe half. glad we saw them off comfrotably after we got the next pen

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Ita bollocks ain't it...
Some people are pointing out that fans used to complain that there was no consistency, and now there is--if it hits the arm, its handball, end of story. They have a point, but to me, fans having a moan about bad decisions (which is basically what kept these forums going back in the day) is way different than what we're seeing now.

To me, a foul has to be an action. You kick the opponent, or tug on a shirt, the ref blows the whistle. These players are doing fuck all, and gaining no advantage. That's against the spirit of the game as I see it.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Fun to see us score 7 , but they could have got 7 as well, our defending worries me. Every time we got the ball we were challenged aggressively, every time they got the ball we backed off allowing them those really dangerous long range efforts. I am not whingeing of course, scoring goals is great and we have needed to do that for yonks, but I am worried that when we play half-decent sides we will be probed, alien style, up the back door.

Both penalties were a fucking joke, we are going to see more and more games decided by how well attackers can kick the ball at defender's arms. Football will become like that grown-up netball game they like in the land of loonies, one side gets a penalty, they all run up the other end, kick the ball into a defender's arm, they get a penalty. maybe football will evolve into just penalty shootouts?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
If VAR is the ref's go to 'get ut of jail free' card, and it can be used review decisions whilst the game goes on, including possible red cards, why wasn't it used against Bruno Fernandes first game of the re start, last season when the ref mis awarded a penalty against Dier and more recently the ludicrous dive against Palace posted on here. It's the only way to make these players look idiots and get them to stop by giving them yellow cards. Do it now UEFA make a difference.