By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Man City (A) PL Sat 13th Feb 17:30

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Constantly givening them the balm back... they can't hurt us if we have the ball...!!!

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Moura has given the ball away so many times. Would think Dele is more effective in the role

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
What stops us playing like Citeh?

I mean when they loose possession.... (rarely) they all get back in, behind the ball and defend as a unit... we do that, all the time, for entire games sometimes.

It's their movement off the ball when they have possession and the space they create with movement that sets them apart... their options to pass the ball are numerous and they have technicians who can perform that pass and create the chances...

For me, it's how we approach the game and the way we're coached... I know I'm not stating anything ground breaking but it's plainly obvious when us play against them.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Defended well, stupid penalty which should have been saved. Had the chance to counter but need to be better with the ball when we are in that situation

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Moura has given the ball away so many times. Would think Dele is more effective in the role
So have most of them out there. We cant string 3 passes together, but at least when we do attack, we're getting bodies forward but the final ball is not good enough...
We're still in this though...

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
@Yid Mourinho stops us playing like City. That is probably the main reason, we should be bossing thr midfield

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
It's not just Lucas, and I don't think Dele would be better, unless he's improved 200% in the last few days.

Highlights: Great, unlucky free kick from Harry, Lamella giving the evils to Jesus and fuck all else. If we carry on playing like this City will get another 3 in the second half, it's back to the same old same old. Whoops, I forget to mention 2 great blocks from Sanchez in the highlights.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Lack of movement, sloppy passing and Hugo’s limp wrist, other than that we’ve done ok.

Stop these long balls, just play the simple pass forward, City play such a simple game, short snappy passes with lots of movement.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Hugo has one eye on going back to Paris, been awful since the the Jan window

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Hugo again. Soft wrists.

Mustn't pull the plumbs of himself often enough!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Apart from the issue with Lloris, that goal sums up both teams really. So much composure and coordination of movement in the attacking third from them, and we just looked flat on our heels.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Gundoan could pitch a fucking tent in our 18 yard box... no one near him.... ever.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
The worst thing is that City are not even arsed about us as opposition, I think they could go up a gear or two whenever they wanted, they are doing just enough.

Yup it’s like a chilled training session for them, before an important match the next day.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Sorry, but who fucking scouted him... as soon as pressure is applied he turns into fucking spaghetti legs...!!!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
The worst thing is that City are not even arsed about us as opposition, I think they could go up a gear or two whenever they wanted, they are doing just enough.
That’s what I was just thinking—it’s like watching them playing Fulham or somebody

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Look at the amount of teammates they have around the ball carrier, so many options. Our players have the ball and the nearest player is normally behind and about 10 metres away, just so shit!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
8 goals shipped in 2 games...

The bus is broken.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Didn’t watch a second of the game.
This hasn’t happened in so, so long.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Didn’t watch a second of the game.
This hasn’t happened in so, so long.
Didnt miss much... Lemella was good again, we gave them possession, N’dombele got subbed off, Bale walked about a bit and had one nice shimmy on their 18 yard line, Lloris's wrists are sponsored by Jacobs crackers...

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Sanchez did ok. He got done by Gundogan on the 3rd but played a good game aside from that.

Lamela, good again. At least he understands that we need to drive forward when we have the ball.

Moura is terrible. Doesn’t lift his head when he has the ball and gives it away too often.

Lloris is no longer a world class keeper. 3 years ago he saves the penalty and the second goal. This is becoming an issue.

It’s not a penalty. The Optus coverage in Australia had a very good look at it with both Eddie Howe and Tim Sherwood saying that Gundogan brought Hojbjerg to ground. The replays support this. VAR clean missed it.

Mourinho is a cunt.