By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Manchester City (A) PL Sat 20th April 2019 12:30

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

They'll be a bit grumpy after we destroyed their quadruple dreams last night, grumpy players get thumped so we will win this by loads. Odds of 11/1 available on a Spurs win so I might wager a shilling or two, probably not as me an gambling is a very slippery slope.

Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur

Manchester City have played Tottenham Hotspur 158 times in all competitions,they have won 62 lost 61 and drawn 35 matches.

First Match

Their first match was in the FA Cup on Saturday, 16 January 1909. Manchester City were playing at home that day and the final score was Manchester City 3 Tottenham Hotspur 4 .

Last Match

The latest meeting between these two teams was a UEFA Champions League game on Wednesday, 17 April 2019, the score was Manchester City 4 Tottenham Hotspur 3.

Highest Goals in Game - 8

League Division One, Saturday, 3 March 1962, Manchester City 6 Tottenham Hotspur 2

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I want to say I dont give a fuck.... but I obviously do.

Fuck I love this side, they're awesome.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
We’ll probably get turned over here...but unlike the esteemed @Yid I genuinely don’t give a fuck. We’ll finish 3rd or 4th anyway but it wouldn’t be half bad to completely fuck up City’s season just for the laughs.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I have no energy, go out and play with the same freedom and belief and do them again. Can't wait for the songs, they'll be some serial piss taking I hope.

All that money eh City, all that money and we're still better in the biggest competition of the lot. Pep he isn't magic you know, he keeps fucking up.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
You have to feel for the City fans, I had a look on the Blue Moon forum and apparently the away goal rule is unfair, VAR didn't show the ref all the angles he needed to disallow Ferando's goal, I'm not quite sure how they know that but they do. The frame rate of the offside camera is only 25fps and if it had been 100fps they might have not disallowed the goal because a micro second difference would have, could have, should have.......

Swings and roundabouts, sometimes you're a winner with VAR, other times you ain't. None of the City fans were complaining about Fernandinho's escape from a nailed on red card in the first leg though.

Wrong thread from me as well, fecking confusing having 2 City threads at the same time!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
You have to feel for the City fans, I had a look on the Blue Moon forum and apparently the away goal rule is unfair, VAR didn't show the ref all the angles he needed to disallow Ferando's goal, I'm not quite sure how they know that but they do. The frame rate of the offside camera is only 25fps and if it had been 100fps they might have not disallowed the goal because a micro second difference would have, could have, should have.......

Swings and roundabouts, sometimes you're a winner with VAR, other times you ain't. None of the City fans were complaining about Fernandinho's escape from a nailed on red card in the first leg though.

Wrong thread from me as well, fecking confusing having 2 City threads at the same time!
Stupid twats, got a 'handball' penalty via VAR in the first leg and Hugo saved it. Even if it brushed Nando's arm it still wasn't a penalty for two reasons - he wasn't making himself 'bigger' (United vs PSG and players putting their arms up in a wall, Danny Rose last week etc.) and his arm was in a natural position by his side. so just fuck off City, you lost. suck it up. See you on Saturday.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
This is going to be such a league cup 3rd round line up,and you know what???I dont care,skipp,KWP,Marsh,foyth,sanchez,fuck it lets throw Janssen in to say goodbye.This game is a free hit,better to make sure we beat brighton next week and recover a few bodies for Ajax and the run in.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I would go super defensive in this one just to frustrate the hell out of them. Also because we have no players nor energy. They will be angry (and sad) and be a bit reckless. Maybe play a back five plus Dier and Wanyama in midfield. Full on wall of death. Then have Sonny nick one at the end to finish them off. Sounds brilliant to me.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
This is going to be such a league cup 3rd round line up,and you know what???I dont care,skipp,KWP,Marsh,foyth,sanchez,fuck it lets throw Janssen in to say goodbye.This game is a free hit,better to make sure we beat brighton next week and recover a few bodies for Ajax and the run in.

If we taped Janssen to the post he could be quite useful defending corners.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I think having looked back at all our predictions for Wednesday, we can safely say that we havent got a fucking scooby what will happen tomorrow.....we could lose 5-0 because they’ve got a huge squad and are mad as hell, or win 4-1 because Poch is magic and we’re a class act.

I reckon it will be somewhere in between, but you never know, that’s the beauty of this nonsense, we could win 5-1 haha

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I’m a bit cross, I’ve just checked the odds for tomorrow, and I don’t know much about gambling but Spurs are 11/1 to win on Bet365. I’ve invested my life savings of £2.50 at those odds, so when our magic manager and magic players turn up tomorrow and win, whilst Vardiola spontaneously combusts, I will be £30 better off. Happy Days. Oh btw City are 1/4 or 4/1 ‘on’ if you prefer. So any City fans investing the same amount will get about 75p back.....it’s a nailed on City win then right?

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I reckon City will be so gung-ho tomorrow we'll just keep catching them on the break.

I think we'll win again. Sonny boy up top doing what he does!

11/1 is mental @Don Diaz . 2nd vs 3rd. I did a wee sneaky accumulator myself.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I'd love a win today, or even a draw would feel pretty sweet. Would love it being us that ruins their season. Better send these quotes out to customers now then get into town for pre match beers. I fucking love this club.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Mauricio on Hugo: "He has suffered a small muscle problem. Hopefully it's not a big issue and he can be ready for Tuesday. It would be a risk for him to play today and that's why we decided to leave him in London."

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Theres goals in this for us.... we need to protect the ball better though. Citeh are not invincible.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Theres goals in this for us.... we need to protect the ball better though. Citeh are not invincible.
we`ve had the better chances by far,something here for us.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Oh well, their GK made some great saves..........
We're gonna win the champions league.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Oh well, their GK made some great saves..........
We're gonna win the champions league.
Yep, I actually thought we played quite well, other than the Sterling chance in the second half, we kept them at arm's length, and had the better chances on the day. Eriksen, who was pants on Wednesday, looked good today, ran his socks off. Foyth was good too. Still frustrating that we couldn't finish one of those chances, they were there for the taking. I can't be the only one who was hoping Llorente would bat one in off his arm to make it 1-1

Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Yep, I actually thought we played quite well, other than the Sterling chance in the second half, we kept them at arm's length, and had the better chances on the day. Eriksen, who was pants on Wednesday, looked good today, ran his socks off. Foyth was good too. Still frustrating that we couldn't finish one of those chances, they were there for the taking. I can't be the only one who was hoping Llorente would bat one in off his arm to make it 1-1
I dont pray.... but I wished really really hard...

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
It was one of those games that just felt like nothing.

Not bothered by the loss and very confident we can close out from here and finish 3rd.

COYS.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
ill let them have that result as we got ucl semis coming up. plus, (though i dont know any proper liverpool supporters) i would rather city win it than liverpool.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
ill let them have that result as we got ucl semis coming up. plus, (though i dont know any proper liverpool supporters) i would rather city win it than liverpool.

Fucking show off.....!!! That my friend is living the dream.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Fucking show off.....!!! That my friend is living the dream.

I do understand and embrace the vitriol against them. They haven’t really won shit in ~15 years (I apologize for minimizing the league cup, I realize in 2008 that was a huge win for us and I was over the moon about beating Chelsea for it) and they think they are god’s Gift to the world.

Liverpool are very similar to the university of Michigan (American) football team. Loads of positive press, but they rarely win shit and their supporters are entitled as all hell.