By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Manchester City (A) Sat 17th August 17:30

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

Is this what the snooker geezers call a 'shot to nothing'? Getting the two toughest away fixtures out the way early has got to be good, we play at Anfield on the 27th October, before the FA Cup and League Cup start (just a Champions League group match around there somewhere!).

Winning this will stop City's 15 match winning run in the Premier League. Our recent away form in the PL has been fecking pony and must change, we have lost the last 6 away fixtures, so it's time to start winning on the road. Last season's PL fixtures were close calls, City winning 1-0 in both games. They will be grumpy at us for spoiling their Champions League dream and will want revenge, tough titty city prepare to be put in your place.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I remember winning an away game in Holland or Netherlands (I never know the difference) quite recently, we were 2-0 down at the time as well, so we have every chance of another upset here. It's a good time to play them before they settle down and start annihilating everyone except us and Liverpool. Hopefully they have Mahrez on the wing again and Danny duffs up Kyle Walker. Tanguy and Moussa 2 will sort out De Bruyne and his mates in midfield, while Harry will run rings round that Stones weirdo and Laporte. Moura, will probably get a goal or three and if Eriksen's sorted himself out, then he and Lamela will run riot in the attacking third. That only leaves Rodri and Jesus to fix and if we can't beat 2 men then we're doomed.......;)

City 2 Spurs 3 (Kane and Moura 2)

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Dear Poch, please start Jan and Christian. Would've been nice to have Son for this match. And no diamond nonsense for this one. City will pass through it like swiss cheese. Will be happy with a 1-1 draw.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Just the performance please lads.... the rest will follow...

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Big Jan back in the fold would make me feel better. Sanchez just isn't a left side!!

Defo need Eriksen on the field.

Hopefully get to see a bit if lo celso aswell.

City looked pretty damn good against the hammers. We need to get at them on the break and keep that little turd sterling out

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Poch on Lo Celso being involved tomorrow: "We'll see. A lot of things happen around him in his life. He had no pre-season and has to come in and adapt. Starting in the XI I can tell you no, involved tomorrow? We will see."
Poch on Vertonghen being involved: "We'll see. Still have one training session more. He's fit and of course it's my decision if he's playing or not."

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
He's fit and of course it's my decision if he's playing or not."
There's been a row hasn't there? Maybe the ex-Ajax trio are all going back to Holland to say sorry for knocking them out of the CL semi final??

C'mon lads, sort it out like grown ups eh?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I liked Moura's comment that it was like a family. That's what SAF engendered.
Poch nurtures that,all the shaking hands,making it a team of 25 not just the starting eleven,but i guess when he puts you on the outside its really time to go,he seems fairly balanced about it and 2nd chances as the years are passing.I wonder if he would have handled andros differently now or maybe what went on was unrepairable after the incident?.
Back to the Ajax mutiny,I think poch has a strong bond with Jan,i dont think there is trouble in the ranks,toby I think will go,but he cost £11m,has given us a great time and probably will return to ajax,eriksen is well centred from what i have seen when he does talk,Will he wont he?`down to him now.But I think he has more love for spurs than say Bale had,if he does want to extend himself elsewhere its a personal decision,i think whole heartedly he will feel in Poch`s debt for making him a better player regardless.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Poch nurtures that,all the shaking hands,making it a team of 25 not just the starting eleven,but i guess when he puts you on the outside its really time to go,he seems fairly balanced about it and 2nd chances as the years are passing.I wonder if he would have handled andros differently now or maybe what went on was unrepairable after the incident?.
Back to the Ajax mutiny,I think poch has a strong bond with Jan,i dont think there is trouble in the ranks,toby I think will go,but he cost £11m,has given us a great time and probably will return to ajax,eriksen is well centred from what i have seen when he does talk,Will he wont he?`down to him now.But I think he has more love for spurs than say Bale had,if he does want to extend himself elsewhere its a personal decision,i think whole heartedly he will feel in Poch`s debt for making him a better player regardless.
I just don't know if anyone is genuinely interested in Eriksen, especially as Levy is going to ask for £60m+. Hopefully he stays a year, gets a second wind and signs a new deal, or he can go for free.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
I just don't know if anyone is genuinely interested in Eriksen, especially as Levy is going to ask for £60m+. Hopefully he stays a year, gets a second wind and signs a new deal, or he can go for free.
That looks the most likely scenario now. We got him for a snip, he gave us his prime years. Want him to stay, of course, but at peace if it ends like this.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
COYS, turn up, put in a performance, the result will follow...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Bein 11HD..... Andy Grey..... what an absolute oxygen thief..... why does anyone want to hear what he doesnt know about football.....

Absolute windbag....

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
To be honest that's shit from Cristian, they're most dangerous player is De Bruyne, so at least stick close to him in the final third and Eriksen just left him.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Sterling is fucking destroying KWP.... I dont know how you stop him...

Great spot and finish by Lamella...

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Citeh are fantastic...

They are mate but fuck we're making it easy for them. When we have the ball at the back, we're just passing it from side to side, there's no options for anyone, other than Winks. We need to compress the pitch a lot more, Sissoko, NDombele and Eriksen should drop a lot deeper, condense the play when we have the ball. Get players in and around the ball carrier, give them options and why the fuck De Bruyne is getting so much freedom is beyond me.

Last edited:
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Citeh are fantastic...
Yes. I think we can forget all the title winning dreams, because them and the dippers play like that every game, we do once in a while. It's just money. If we were owned by Sheik Yerbooty then we could buy some glory as well. It's not over yet and we could still grab a point or three out of this game, then I will believe again. I am not criticising our players or the manager - City are just a different class (in the first half). We always do better when we are down, well sometimes. so .... who knows? If we don't win then we can still look forward to giving the toon a good thumping next week.