By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Manchester City - H (PL) 20:00 Mon October 29th

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
SpursCity.jpg

A nice easy game to start the week! The sausage machine only gives us a 21% chance of winning this, but City's last 6 record ain't all that, the only decent side they played was the dippers and they only managed a nil-nil draw, so we'll win this 5-4.

Interesting Doodahs:

All Competitions
In all the 155 matches Tottenham Hotspur have played against Manchester City they have won 60 lost 60 and drawn 35 matches.

First Match
Their first match was in the FA Cup on Saturday, 16 January 1909. Tottenham Hotspur were playing at home that day and the final score was Manchester City 3 Tottenham Hotspur 4 .

Last Match
The latest meeting between these two teams was a Premier League game on Saturday, 14 April 2018, the score was Tottenham Hotspur 1 Manchester City 3.

Highest Goals in Game - 8
League Division One, Saturday, 3 March 1962, Manchester City 6 Tottenham Hotspur 2

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
https://www.football.london/tottenh...ults/pochettino-real-madrid-man-city-15333471

That's good news about Dele Alli?

Yes I think it's good news but we need to be careful because he was re-injured against Watford after his first injury. Now we need to be careful. We are happy that he started today with the group. Yes, sure we hope he will be available for Monday but not sure if we're going to put him in the squad or not.
Will players be able to play on Monday and Wednesday?

I think it will be difficult, but we are going to see, because the pre-season was different. When we played last year in the Christmas period, Boxing Day, when you play with 48 hours in between two games you play against teams that are in a similar condition to you. But now it's still difficult to be in the same condition as different teams. If you are going to assess how West Ham are going to arrive. They going to play Saturday and then Wednesday against us but we play Wednesday, Monday and then Wednesday and we are not going to arrive in a similar condition.

That is why we are thinking it will be difficult to repeat with some players who will play on Monday. That is why we are thinking, overthinking which is not so good, but we need to put two teams that will be so competitive in both games. Because first on Monday try to put the best starting XI out to be close to win and then Wednesday don't be wrong we will play a very fresh team away from home again and sometimes it's not fair because you know in 48 hours it's very difficult for players to recover. But if you play against a team that played 48 hours before maybe that power and energy is similar but maybe in that case it's not the same.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
OH yeah dont forget your clocks tomorrow,which means

"new balls please" maybe its the yellow ball,but this is when we normally go on a run of results.

DqdkEeqWsAERt0Z.jpg

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
https://www.football.london/tottenh...ults/pochettino-real-madrid-man-city-15333471

That's good news about Dele Alli?

Yes I think it's good news but we need to be careful because he was re-injured against Watford after his first injury. Now we need to be careful. We are happy that he started today with the group. Yes, sure we hope he will be available for Monday but not sure if we're going to put him in the squad or not.
Will players be able to play on Monday and Wednesday?

I think it will be difficult, but we are going to see, because the pre-season was different. When we played last year in the Christmas period, Boxing Day, when you play with 48 hours in between two games you play against teams that are in a similar condition to you. But now it's still difficult to be in the same condition as different teams. If you are going to assess how West Ham are going to arrive. They going to play Saturday and then Wednesday against us but we play Wednesday, Monday and then Wednesday and we are not going to arrive in a similar condition.

That is why we are thinking it will be difficult to repeat with some players who will play on Monday. That is why we are thinking, overthinking which is not so good, but we need to put two teams that will be so competitive in both games. Because first on Monday try to put the best starting XI out to be close to win and then Wednesday don't be wrong we will play a very fresh team away from home again and sometimes it's not fair because you know in 48 hours it's very difficult for players to recover. But if you play against a team that played 48 hours before maybe that power and energy is similar but maybe in that case it's not the same.

What a cluster fuck!! It's all down to fucking about with this Wembley situation to.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Might not be a bad thing, Pep's always moaning about pitch conditions, and I like our chances better than theirs on a shitty surface...
Everyone can be sissoko in this game on that pitch!!The 1st picture is before todays NFL !!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Everyone can be sissoko in this game on that pitch!!The 1st picture is before todays NFL !!
As if on cue:
https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/pep-guardiola-bemoans-delays-over-15339320

That surface isn't great on the best of days, I'm sure it will be shocking tomorrow. Nothing fucks up a pitch like American football. One big problem I don't hear discussed is that NFL fields are cut to a higher length than is good for football. I guess they'll cut it down, water it, put sand on top of that, and hope for the best...

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Think the boxing started it and it's never recovered.

I'd have Dele on the bench, Lamela deserves to keep his place, I'll be there freezing my nuts off, hope it's worth it. Winks > Dembele??

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Dier looks ready to kill someone tonight:
Capture.PNG

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
Pitch doesn't look too bad, from up where I sit....

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Not gonna lie, I'm shitting my self now. Hope we put a good performance in as I'll not hear the end of it.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Oh Sissoko. Just do one decisive thing right tonight, that’s all we ask

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
He did he squared it to lamela and the defender did well

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Oh Sissoko. Just do one decisive thing right tonight, that’s all we ask
Kinda true of the whole team that half, everyone looks between two minds with and without the ball.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
The quality of officiating is shocking...how walker wasnt booked i dont know

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
We're still in this though so hopefully see a better half from us and maybe salvage something out of this!