By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Manchester City - H (PL) 20:00 Mon October 29th

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I almost got excited a couple of time in that first half, Sissoko, storming down the pitch .... then, whoops. couple of good substitutions (like a new ref, Sonny, Christian and Dele) and we can still win this.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Whoever is meant to be over on that right along with trips needs to get their act together. Far to much room. I assume it's sissoko but not sure.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Basic mistakes time and time again.....u cannot win titles like that

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
We are still in this as City are making mistakes, I don’t think we will win my playing better

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Commentator just said Sissoko is having a good night. I suppose he is based on the performance of the other players

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Strange game, we seem to be still in it by not being in it. If that makes sense

Reactions: Yid
Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Like watching the old Spurs play this one! Better second half but let's face facts we were well out played. Still, managed to get excited a couple of times and dare I say it but Sissoko our man of the match? Thought he put it all in tonight.

It's clear we need to shift a few on and refresh this squad, the first half looked devoid of the spirit that's driven us on the last few years, picked up a lot after Winks and the quality players came on.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Given i was worried we were gonna get a bit of a spanking tonight, i thought we hung in there pretty well, plenty of heart, endeavour and fight but other than Erik's chance, nothing really fell for us in the final third.

Gotta say, thought Sissoko had one of his better games in a Spurs shirt tonight, i know that doesn't say an awful lot but at least he drove forward with some real purpose and looked mildly in control of the ball! Good to see Winksy put in a shift, thought he looked bright when he came on. I'm taking a bit of heart from that performance, given how lethargic we've looked at times this season in the pl.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Like watching the old Spurs play this one! Better second half but let's face facts we were well out played. Still, managed to get excited a couple of times and dare I say it but Sissoko our man of the match? Thought he put it all in tonight.

It's clear we need to shift a few on and refresh this squad, the first half looked devoid of the spirit that's driven us on the last few years, picked up a lot after Winks and the quality players came on.

We were not outplayed tho....the commentators suggested we were but basic mistakes cost us! 25 mins of winks was better than 65 of dembele..they had 3 chances

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I only saw the second half... though we did well in possession but didnt do much with it.

Was Kane on the pitch? He seems utterly starved of service.

Winks was fantastic driving us forwards when he came on and Sisoko...... FML, he looked remotely like a footballer driving through the center of the park.

Dier needs a rest IMO. He seems half a yard short and always late.

Hey they are a billion quid team and we've spent fuck all for a decade... 0-1 ain't bad on a farmers field in the freezing fucking cold.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
We were not outplayed tho....the commentators suggested we were but basic mistakes cost us! 25 mins of winks was better than 65 of dembele..they had 3 chances

Now come on, that first 10/15 we were lucky to even be in it after that. Yes we made our own problems but they were running the show for a large slice of that game.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
On the train back. We deserved more from that game, one bad mistake and no run of the ball whatsoever.....just not got anything going our way this season so far. Very frustrating

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Carragher.... that filthy spitting shit cunt should not be on my TV.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I agree, especially about Winks. He’s a nailed-on starter from here on out IMO

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
So every,hamemsomfar this season , Man City have had a bench that cost more than the oppos startingX1 !
It doesn’t help when when ever we attacked their midfield took our players out cynically , and if they didn’t screw us the Lino flagged Kane offside when not going for the ball ,but Dier had .
Thought we played well and sissoko was what we hoped he’d become .
Anyway onwards to Wednesday , going back to the Olympic stadium , let’s hope we can beat them again .

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
On the train back. We deserved more from that game, one bad mistake and no run of the ball whatsoever.....just not got anything going our way this season so far. Very frustrating

The ref was fucking shocking...not his fault we lost but Fernandinho should have had 3 yellow cards

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Kevin Friend and his linespeople had poor games. We’re not getting too many breaks this season so far. Apparently the ball bobbled off the pitch just as Lamela hit it?

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Some observations:

1) Sissoko put in one hell of a shift tonight. He saved Trippier's arse on more than one occasion with his tracking back. Yes, he lacks a final product but you cannot question the work ethic.

2) Lamela was excellent again, with the obvious exception being that he completely bottled a glorious opportunity. He is another guy who works very hard. For me, he has been our best player so far this season.

3) Trippier was awful and has been for much of the campaign. His delivery at set pieces was poor and lack of awareness a real concern.

4) Davies is barely holding his spot. Is offering nothing going forward right now.

5) Either Kane has to volunteer to take a rest or the gaffer needs to tell him to take some time off. He is heavy-legged and has played too much football. I don't actually care who replaces him but he needs to take a break. Either Son plays up front or we use Llorente...I really don't give a shit but it is obvious that Kane is overworked. A fresh, fit Kane buries both chances he got in this game. This version of Kane is battling though.

6) I am not sure what Dier offers. He either needs to win the ball or kick the shit out of the opposition. He doesn't really do either.

7) Dembele had a reasonable game but he is not the enforcer he once was. Time might be catching up with the great man.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Kevin Friend and his linespeople had poor games. We’re not getting too many breaks this season so far. Apparently the ball bobbled off the pitch just as Lamela hit it?

Yeah, it skipped up and was probably enough to mean he would miss but arguably he should have been hitting it lower anyway.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
I genuinely think Sissoko has improved significantly. His touch is far more reliable and he is trusted more by the other players who are giving him the ball more. He's also taking players on more not only when driving with the ball but in tight spaces. He's still a bit of an enigma but he's looked far better this season and in particular these last few weeks. Apart from the gift that Trippier gave them and that chance right in front of goal that they stuffed up, I think we did pretty well in keeping their chances to low quality ones.

Toby and Davinson did a good job in playing out under pressure and in keeping their good chances to a minimum.

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
Yes, we are a step below City, but I was very encouraged by that game, despite the result. Lamela, Dav and especially Winks when he came on were excellent, Sissoko was as good as he can be, and Dele and Christian showed what quality we can expect once they are fully fit again.

On the negative side, Trippier struggled as he always does against City, and Ben Davies’ confidence seems completely shattered. Mousa D may also be reaching the end against the top teams, although I hope he stays to dominate the smaller teams and to pass on his genius to the younger lads.

MoPo seemed a little happier tonight I thought?

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Yeah it did take a slight bobble and hit on the ankle more so than the lace of the boot.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
OK, a loss is always dissapoiunting but let's put it into context eh? We didn't get thumped by Accrington Stanley.

City won the premiership last season with a record beating number of points. 100, beating the previous best ever in the Premier League by 5 points, they lost just 2 games in the entire season, 1 to Liverpool and 1 to United, both by a single goal. They haven't lost a game yet this season, so they came into this game with an unbeaten Premiership run of 15 games, conceding only 6 goals in those 15. They were also on a run of 5 Premier league clean sheets.

They have spent hundreds of millions buying some of the best players on the planet, look at their their bench last night De Bruyne £68m, Sane £45m, Otamendi £40m, Jesus £29m, that's £168m and their arses are on the fucking bench. Just last season they spent more than we have probably spent ever on players - a nett spend of around £200m. Over the last five seasons they have a nett spend of £577m ours was £34m.

All this and they managed to beat us by one flukey goal and they were hanging on by the skin of their teeth at the end.

Levy and Louis have not invested in success for the club, this is blindingly fucking obvious. They have very successfully invested in property and infrastructure with the aim of making profit for themselves. If we want to be serious players on the world and domestic stage then they need to fuck off and sell to someone who wants trophies in the cabinet.

Last edited:
Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.

I thought it did

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I genuinely think Sissoko has improved significantly. His touch is far more reliable and he is trusted more by the other players who are giving him the ball more. He's also taking players on more not only when driving with the ball but in tight spaces. He's still a bit of an enigma but he's looked far better this season and in particular these last few weeks. Apart from the gift that Trippier gave them and that chance right in front of goal that they stuffed up, I think we did pretty well in keeping their chances to low quality ones.

Toby and Davinson did a good job in playing out under pressure and in keeping their good chances to a minimum.
Has he got better or have some of the other come down to his level? I just... he did have a good game.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
OK, a loss is always dissapoiunting but let's put it into context eh? We didn't get thumped by Accrington Stanley.

City won the premiership last season with a record beating number of points. 100, beating the previous best ever in the Premier League by 5 points, they lost just 2 games in the entire season, 1 to Liverpool and 1 to United, both by a single goal. They haven't lost a game yet this season, so they came into this game with an unbeaten Premiership run of 15 games, conceding only 6 goals in those 15. They were also on a run of 5 Premier league clean shssts.

They have spent hundreds of millions buying some of the best players on the planet, look at their their bench last night De Bruyne £68m, Sane £45m, Otamendi £40m, Jesus £29m, that's £168m and their arses are on the fucking bench. Just last season they spent more than we have probably spent ever on players - a nett spend of around £200m. Over the last five seasons they have a nett spend of £577m ours was £34m.

All this and they managed to beat us by one flukey goal and they were hanging on by the skin of their teeth at the end.

Levy and Louis have not invested in success for the club, this is blindingly fucking obvious. They have very successfully invested in property and infrastructure with the aim of making profit for themselves. If we want to be serious players on the world and domestic stage then they need to fuck off and sell to someone who wants trophies in the cabinet.
I am converted... live where they have put us, but as you say it's not for us it's all for them. If the stadium debacle doesnt tell you that, then you dont wsnt ro hear it or you're a thick as pig shit cunt...

I dont wsnt to start screaming Levy/Lewis out but I do want them to make their money and fuxk off on their super yachts so that someone else who does want glory can come and get some.

I wonder if Brexit will be a factor as property and infrastructure prices are currently falling and Brexit may well just anally penetrate it even more...!!! I dont think they'll.loose kidney but will they coin it as much as they could?

I digress..... Citeh are a billion quid club and we ain't... yet.