By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Manchester City (PL) H Sunday 15th August 16:30

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I'm excited - are you excited? If not, why not? We have Santa Claus as our manager, Levy will step back from the football side and let Nuno NAC Two Saints and Fabio sort that stuff out, Kane will stay or go, Sonny will bang in goals for fun either way. Bergwijn will stay or go and if he stays he might be the real deal. Sanchez, NDombele and poor old Moose will be gone or not feature, either way it will be an improvement - great bit of business from Mr Buyrite to sign NDombele till 2025 on £200,000 a week, almost as good as the Juan Foyth fuck up! NFatBelly is no longer a lardy fucker though, he has lost loads of weight so maybe ...... nah, I'm not going through that bollocks again. We might see the old Dele again, that would be great, Oliver Skip will be our 'new' star. Hojbjerg should be made team captain. Bryan Gil might be OK, who knows? Romero will definitely help rebuild our wobbly old backline and apparently Doherty will be better under Nuno? Rodon, Tanganaga, Reguillon all quality players and apparently CCV is back - why?

City always start slow, well they did last year, so we should win this easy! It doesn't matter if Kane plays or not because he never scores before October everyone knows that. Whatever happens this season will be much better than last year, the cunt has gone, long live the Not A Cunt.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
I have no idea what we are going to be like.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Realistically I'll be happy if we don't get completely hammered. I have a hunch I am not gonna be happy. Could see this getting ugly, but would love to be proven wrong.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
I must confess to feeling more positive about this season as time has gone on. The Cunt just destroyed my enthusiasm last season and I was convinced I wouldn't watch any games this season until it looked like things were going well but with some of the pre-season stuff, the new signings and Santa Claus being in charge, that mood is changing.

City are City but I think I wouldn't be massively disappointed if we came away with a draw.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Citeh have quite a bit of depth but aren't a number of their players out injured like De Bruyne & Foden?

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
It's been a long time since I've wanted this badly to see us completely smash a team.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
This is going to require some kind of fucking effort and luck.

A performance to be mildly interested in would be acceptable.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Citeh have quite a bit of depth but aren't a number of their players out injured like De Bruyne & Foden?
De Bruyne is a "doubt" apparently but he was supposedly seen training last week. Foden is definitely out though.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Some great opening gambits from the worldly wise on this lovely forum. I too was in the ‘ I don’t really give a fuck’ brigade, at least until Levy has gone. Now of course I’m full of hope and have a ticket ….long may it last. At least we can look forward to proper football again hopefully.

Good luck lads, give it a go and we’ll all get behind you.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I reckon we’ll play ok. Fans will help. Could see us nicking a point and with a bit of luck who knows…

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I'm pretty sure we'll win today to instill some of that good auld false hope hahaha!

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Yah yah yah, this'll be good, this'll be great, we're gonna smash them. Here we go...

All of a sudden wishing we had spiteful Lamela to send on at the hour. I suppose the Dane (PEH until t'other one starts playing regularly) will have to provide crunch this year.

COYS!

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Kane deemed "not fit enough" and didn't travel.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
SpursCity.jpg

Subs:

• 2 Doherty
  • 4 Romero
  • 8 Winks
  • 11 Gil
  • 17 Sissoko
  • 18 Lo Celso
  • 22 Gollini
  • 33 Davies
  • 44 Scarlett
Nuno Out! Too soon?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
According to sources:
  • Kane refuses to play against his boyhood dream side
  • Nuno sees no place for Kane in Spur's plans
  • Kane punished for strike action
  • Kane set for move to City as he us dropped for big match
  • Nuno gambles on Dele and snubs Kane
  • Nuno to be next manager fired in Premiership after fielding Dier and Sanchez
  • Kane only returned to training friday so is not fit
One of those may be true, or all of them, or none of them. Probably just one.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Decent half. Impressed with Skipp, Tanganga and Lucas. Gil needs to get on in the 2nd to run at them I think.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Decent half. Impressed with Skipp, Tanganga and Lucas. Gil needs to get on in the 2nd to run at them I think.
Decent? Not really, we had a few counter attacking chances but who is going to put the ball away? Dele looks the same as he did last year, I thought he would be all fresh and ready to go following his nice long break, but nah. Lucas is our only real threat, Sonny needs to back himself more and smash in a few more efforts. We still can't pass or keep the ball, and the running around chasing City when they do what we can't, put a series of passes together will take its toll. It's hard to tell about Tanganga when Sterling and Grealish fall over when they are breathed on heavily and the ref seems to think Japhet is the one blowing on the poor little soldiers to make them collapse to the ground in pain. Roll the dice Nuno and bring on the new blokes and maybe Lo Celso, he has a bit of fire in him. This could still go either way, I think the side that scores the first goal will win, so let's make sure it's us.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Yeah, I think Sonny needs to realise he's the man now. And if in doubt, have a go. Good to see Hojbjerg getting forward and making things happen. The cunt wouldn't let him pass halfway. Still hopeful of 3 points. COYS!!!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Brilliant start to the second half.Sonny!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The second half WAS decent, more than decent, we looked like a different side. Lucas MOTM? We're joint top while City and the Goons are joint bottom, great start for Nuno Santa Claus, jingle fucking bells!

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Only saw the last 60 mins. Those on the field, played like they cared.
Long may it continue.
Bravo Nuno.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Well fuck me......
No thank you, it's a very generous offer, but I'd rather stick my todger in a bed of nettles - some people actually do that, well fuck me..... oh no now I'm making offers I won't carry through!

• Haha
Reactions: Yid
Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Well fuck me, didn’t see that coming.

City were very flat after the first 15-20 mins but think that was more to do with the fact they couldn’t match our intensity.

Really good last hour, some of the old issues still there but at the very least we committed more men further up the pitch than at pretty much any point when we were 1 up under Mourinho.

Tanganga and Moura were immense, Reggie also looked good and no calamities from Sanchez or Dier, wtf!!

Lots of positives, hopefully we can get rid of some of the deadwood and improve the squad and maybe even the first team before the end of the month.

Sonny, I’ll never stop loving you. Interesting to see what happens with Harry. 🤔

COYS!

Last edited: