By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Manchester United A (PL) 12:30 Sat 28th October 2017

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
2017-10-28-Manchester-United-vs-Tottenham-Hotspur.jpg

Ok, so the Poch doesn't care about the League Cup, maybe I will forgive him that, although 'that game' against Arsenal the year before last and the West Ham game yesterday got right on my thrupnies, I would probably not mind as much if we had been ousted by Accrington Stanley or another lower level team like Liverpool, but them two teams make me a bit grumpy than usual.

We have a really strong away PL record, we have won our last 6, United have won their last 5 home games, so this should be a very good game. They will like a herd of wasps, all grumpy after last week's humiliation by Huddersfield so we need to play even better than we did last week against Liverpool. COYS!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I think we may see more Mourinho parking the bus and attempting to win with a counter attack/set piece. But hey what the fuck do I know, except that I can't stand the arrogant wanker. He does have an annoying habit of being tactically gifted and getting lucky and I'm also a bit worried that Kane may be missing. We haven't heard a dicky bird about his 'tiredness' or 'cramp'...it looked a bit like a hamstring to me? - He's not one to just sit on the pitch with 'tiredness' and no-one came to bend his foot back, leg in the air, like they do when someone has cramp.

Anyway sorry, sounding a bit gloomy, it's that result last night. We'll win this with or without Harry 2-1 because everyone will be trying to impress the wanker mentioned above so he can sign them for £150m in the summer and pay them £200k a week. Grumpy again. Give it everything and win lads, go second in the league (how good does that sound....again) and piss on Mourinho's firework. Do that and it will heal the wounds from last night.

COYS.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I think we may see more Mourinho parking the bus and attempting to win with a counter attack/set piece. But hey what the fuck do I know, except that I can't stand the arrogant wanker. He does have an annoying habit of being tactically gifted and getting lucky and I'm also a bit worried that Kane may be missing. We haven't heard a dicky bird about his 'tiredness' or 'cramp'...it looked a bit like a hamstring to me? - He's not one to just sit on the pitch with 'tiredness' and no-one came to bend his foot back, leg in the air, like they do when someone has cramp.

Anyway sorry, sounding a bit gloomy, it's that result last night. We'll win this with or without Harry 2-1 because everyone will be trying to impress the wanker mentioned above so he can sign them for £150m in the summer and pay them £200k a week. Grumpy again. Give it everything and win lads, go second in the league (how good does that sound....again) and piss on Mourinho's firework. Do that and it will heal the wounds from last night.

COYS.

Yeah this game will be utter balls to watch unless we score early. Mourinho will be there for a 0-0. Boring Wanker that he is.

As for sir Harry Kane. He quite happily stood and accepted his man of the match award after that game so doubt there was much wrong with him. Could be wrong like but if his hammy was away doubt they'd have risked him walking about making it worse.

I reckon we'll get an early one and win 4-1

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Kane Hmmmm i will throw into the conspiracy theory,why did Llorente get time off on weds?didnt look shattered,played well enough,is he being saved??
I dont think after all the publicity maureen will park up at home,maybe correct for them to do so but i reckon his ego is pricked,which may well suit us if they do have a go.I am not worried about lukaku,jan&toby have pocketed him everytime we met him before.We have enough to win this game,difficult fixture away there,speaks volumes that we fancy our chances.We have the better players all round so lets pray harry is ok,cos that would be the difference.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Hows it going folks? Missed the banter and a lot to catch up on.
I think a lot depends on how manure set up on Saturday and, as the lads have said above, whether the arrogant bastids ego has been affected enough by recent results to have a go at us. If it has and his team do have a go, I think we'll embarrass them tbh. If as I suspect, he remains the arrogant fucker that he is and parks the bus we could be in for a difficult and frustrating game.
BTW, hugely enjoyable season so far!!!!

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Yeah this game will be utter balls to watch unless we score early. Mourinho will be there for a 0-0. Boring Wanker that he is.

As for sir Harry Kane. He quite happily stood and accepted his man of the match award after that game so doubt there was much wrong with him. Could be wrong like but if his hammy was away doubt they'd have risked him walking about making it worse.

I reckon we'll get an early one and win 4-1

Inclined to agree. If Kane had even as much as strained his hamstring then the common practice is to ice the injury immediately. Kane went straight to then bench and then to the post match interview without having any treatment to his hamstring. The most likely scenario is that he had cramp and that the gaffer is playing ducks and drakes with United's fuckbag manager.

Spurs will win and win handsomely.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Thank fuck the missus is working or I might have killed her watching this one​

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Yep bummer, wouldn't mind if it was Palace at home, but United away.....still he was out last year for 5-6 games and that seemed to go pretty well, or was it a run of draws.....?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Yep bummer, wouldn't mind if it was Palace at home, but United away.....still he was out last year for 5-6 games and that seemed to go pretty well, or was it a run of draws.....?
Well we have 2 20goal players from last year,and they scored a few when kane was absent,so step forward dele&Sonny!I dont think its a huge loss in affecting how we play,Llorente or son upfront,either way we still got plenty of ways to score.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Well we have 2 20goal players from last year,and they scored a few when kane was absent,so step forward dele&Sonny!I dont think its a huge loss in affecting how we play,Llorente or son upfront,either way we still got plenty of ways to score.
I think we need Llorente as a target man with any of Son, Dele, Eriksen running off him. We're not a one man team after all are we????!!

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
If Dembele can step onto the park would be good but young winks can do the job anyway.

---------------Hugo
-------Toby-sanchez-vert
Trippier-dier-dembele-davies
-----------Eriksen------alli
------------------son------

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
If Dembele can step onto the park would be good but young winks can do the job anyway.

---------------Hugo
-------Toby-sanchez-vert
Trippier-dier-dembele-davies
-----------Eriksen------alli
------------------son------
I don't think Son can do it on his own up front, I reckon Alli will play with one of Dier or Dembele or Winks and Son and Eriksen will support Llorente.

Poch might have even been testing formations on Wednesday night?

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.

Last season without Harry P 11 W 8 D 3, a quick look and think that’s right.

This is a great chance to shut down the likes of Pep and all those other dimwits that call us the Harry Kane team.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Good luck all of you who are going tomorrow, out sing the Salford Reds, and beat them back down the M1 with 3 points in your pocket.

COYS

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Away pubs @Wotspur & @Liam from THST

Piccadilly Tavern or the Spoons on Piccadilly normally.I guess spoons is wether??

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
Be a fantastic time for Llorente to get off the mark! Need a couple of the lads to step it up a notch to prove the idiots wrong that we aren't a one man team. Us fans know it, Poch knows it, the players know it, now it's just time to show it - starting today!

Excited for this one! Hopefully Jose comes out thinking they can beat us so it's more open unlike his drab games against 'the big boys'. Doubt it though.

Let's go get another easy 3 points ;)

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
We always get punished for stupid mistakes

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
A Mourinho team as usual full of cheating cunts and that cunt Moss rewards them (except one time) for cheating. Moss is a total cunt, Ashley Young is a bigger cunt - goes with saying that. We are cunts for letting them score like that, you are all cunts, everyone is cunt. I am really fucked off with that result, they were really average, we switched off, Moss, who is a cunt, ignored countless fouls on our players and gave those cunts free kicks whenever one of the cheating cunts fell over. Cunts.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Feel extremely flat, pretty average game as you’d expect against a Mourinho side. No team really deserved to win it but they capitalised on a lapse of concentration. Wish we’d been a little bit more inventive in the 2nd half, just thought we lacked a bit of magic.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
It was almost like we were playing without one of our most important attacking players.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I haven't seen the game but understand that our support was outstanding as ever.

Well done all those that were there.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Haven't seen or anything football related before booting up this forum so I'm guessing we lost, Mourinho parked the bus (again) and everyone is a total cunt. How did I do?

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Haven't seen or anything football related before booting up this forum so I'm guessing we lost, Mourinho parked the bus (again) and everyone is a total cunt. How did I do?
Well you missed the bit where we lost because Poch's book came out, because Dier is a carthorse, and because the manager wasn't "brave" enough.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
we played well enough,until we got in the final 3rd,dele missed a sitter at nil nil just before we fell to a sucker punch long ball a minute after about 10 mins from the end.
Thats about it really,didnt deserve to win probably didnt deserve to lose,but cos its two in a week we have a mini meltdown.If anything the main issue is that we just didnt appear to believe that we could/ should have won there.Too timid except for the back 4 (would be 5 but aurier was just ok),and winks was good again,not so much dele,son and eriksen though they were either stifled or not creative enough?but no one was awful.