By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Marcus Edwards

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
There must be so many talented individuals that just didn't have the right attitude for whatever reason. I hope Marcus sorts his before it's too late.....interesting the contrast with someone like Dele Alli, who could equally have gone and still might off the rails. I would get Dele to mentor Marcusif he is able and bond both of them (as well as helping both) to the club.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Marcus Edwards has returned to Tottenham for personal reasons for the remainder of the season.

Seemingly bad attitude,work ethic,a whole host of norwich fans saying good riddance,not very inspiring,ravel morrison MK II ??

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Marcus Edwards has returned to Tottenham for personal reasons for the remainder of the season.

Seemingly bad attitude,work ethic,a whole host of norwich fans saying good riddance,not very inspiring,ravel morrison MK II ??
He seems a right little dick head. Hopefully the personal reasons aren't any bad family situations but the lad needs to get his head down and do the work. He's not a starter at England level for his age from what I've seen, doesn't start for Norwich, doesn't get games for us. He'll soon be a 24 nobody in the world of football if he carries on. We bought Moura when in reality we should be able to have more faith in him by now....

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
He seems a right little dick head. Hopefully the personal reasons aren't any bad family situations but the lad needs to get his head down and do the work. He's not a starter at England level for his age from what I've seen, doesn't start for Norwich, doesn't get games for us. He'll soon be a 24 nobody in the world of football if he carries on. We bought Moura when in reality we should be able to have more faith in him by now....
I agree.. I personally think he is probably getting bad advice, there were all the issues around new contract..Probably is getting told he is the next messi

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I agree.. I personally think he is probably getting bad advice, there were all the issues around new contract..Probably is getting told he is the next messi
Poch should call him the new Nile Ranger,that would wake him up!!
If its how it seems get rid and stop any infection,bad attitude,nah not in this set up,if he wont conform fuck him off.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Harry Kane was also utterly shite while at Norwich.

He always worked hard though, applied himself and learnt a great deal.
3606797612.jpg

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I don't know the details but it sounds like he has 9 lives and he's used up 8. It doesn't matter how good he is, if he's not a team player that's going to work hard we don't need him. It's a huge disappointment and i can't get my head around why you wouldn't take such a great opportunity, but he's in last chance saloon. There's been many similar before him.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I don't know the details but it sounds like he has 9 lives and he's used up 8. It doesn't matter how good he is, if he's not a team player that's going to work hard we don't need him. It's a huge disappointment and i can't get my head around why you wouldn't take such a great opportunity, but he's in last chance saloon. There's been many similar before him.
From what I ve seen when he plays,good on the ball, can take people on but has looked greedy,lazy in defence or being goal side.Cant say if he is following instructions or not,only the coaches know that,but Poch is very specific with tactics and positioning,its why it took Son a year to get going,why nkoudou,njie,moura (its especially obvious with "silky" wide players not even so much the personnel but the system) will never easily get into his side.He demands they do the team bit 1st,pressing,defending being in the instructed position with and without the ball.I see no future for edwards with Pochettino,he clearly thinks he knows best and what his game is.Maybe he can go on and be Messi somewhere else,but not with what our manager will ask of him I am sure now.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
If he was the real deal he'd be in the first team squad by now. He's 19, not a child anymore. Players that really are that special aren't still scratching around youth teams and lower leagues at his age.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
If he was the real deal he'd be in the first team squad by now. He's 19, not a child anymore. Players that really are that special aren't still scratching around youth teams and lower leagues at his age.
Agreed - Dele Alli good example. He has the ability, but not the mindset apparently, he didn't get a game for Norwich and fell out of the starting line up for England. if Poch can't fix him, he's in trouble.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
If he has the potential claimed and is still being a wee dick, give him the shepherds hook. Silly wee fucker doesn't realise how lucky he is..

Better yet if he really is as good as said stick him to work in Tesco for 2 weeks. That'll soon change his attitude.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
If he has the potential claimed and is still being a wee dick, give him the shepherds hook. Silly wee fucker doesn't realise how lucky he is..

Better yet if he really is as good as said stick him to work in Tesco for 2 weeks. That'll soon change his attitude.
Cannot let this affect the other good kids,Parrott,Skipp,Griffiths.Its the right way or on your way.If they act up as an 18 year old what chance when they have caps,huge salaries,long contracts.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Cannot let this affect the other good kids,Parrott,Skipp,Griffiths.Its the right way or on your way.If they act up as an 18 year old what chance when they have caps,huge salaries,long contracts.
Exactly this... It really irks me. The problem is for some of these young lads they have never had a real job and don't realise how hard life can really be. They are on easy street from 16.

Shame really as he is one player I've heard alot about, but sounds like he's a wee melt so off you go young lad.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Anyone know what the latest is on young Marcus, he's in Holland on loan. Such a shame because with the right attitude he would have got game time this season? see Skipp as an example, but now alsos Amos, Marsh and Eyoma.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Anyone know what the latest is on young Marcus, he's in Holland on loan. Such a shame because with the right attitude he would have got game time this season? see Skipp as an example, but now alsos Amos, Marsh and Eyoma.
honestly sell him and CCV,if poch wants you he keeps you close.Oh yeah Onomah too time to go.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
honestly sell him and CCV,if poch wants you he keeps you close.Oh yeah Onomah too time to go.
That sounds harsh on the face of it, but the truth is that its good for them as well. No sense leaving players in limbo who seem decreasingly likely to get in the team, better to get them permanent deals somewhere so they can get on with it than to farm them out all over Europe until they're in their late 20s like the chavs do.

It's strange how it works out for some of them, I remember just 3-4 years ago some were saying Shaq Coulthirst was going to be our next big thing coming from the academy. Listening to the FA cup results coming in yesterday on the radio, he scored the winner for non-league Barnet at Sheffield United yesterday. Apparently he's been steadily falling down the ladder since playing for us.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
There are very few Dele Alli's in the world. Great that we got him, we owe David Pleat a nod of thanks. let's hope that Amos, Skipp, Eyoma and Parrot work out just as well.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
That sounds harsh on the face of it, but the truth is that its good for them as well. No sense leaving players in limbo who seem decreasingly likely to get in the team, better to get them permanent deals somewhere so they can get on with it than to farm them out all over Europe until they're in their late 20s like the chavs do.

It's strange how it works out for some of them, I remember just 3-4 years ago some were saying Shaq Coulthirst was going to be our next big thing coming from the academy. Listening to the FA cup results coming in yesterday on the radio, he scored the winner for non-league Barnet at Sheffield United yesterday. Apparently he's been steadily falling down the ladder since playing for us.
my comment is partially as you said for the good of the players,and their chances with us,not a comment on their talents.They may all go on to be something,I just dont see it with us.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Parrot at 16/17 has been mixing it with the u21/23’s and as we’ve seen is a little hot head like most Paddy’s , but of immense skill. I hope he follows Skipp, Amos into the first team .......Edwards like Caulker had it all and like Johnathon blondel and adel tarrabatt didn’t have the X factor . Caulker is now so far down , he’s playing for Dundee innthe SPl , how tragic , he had it all and I honestly believed he would be the next LK and Judas I rated him so highly

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Parrot at 16/17 has been mixing it with the u21/23’s and as we’ve seen is a little hot head like most Paddy’s , but of immense skill. I hope he follows Skipp, Amos into the first team .......Edwards like Caulker had it all and like Johnathon blondel and adel tarrabatt didn’t have the X factor . Caulker is now so far down , he’s playing for Dundee innthe SPl , how tragic , he had it all and I honestly believed he would be the next LK and Judas I rated him so highly
As we speak....

9 - GOAL! We’re off the mark with our first effort at goal as White’s cross from deep on the left is glanced in by the unmarked Parrott. #COYS

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
He is (edwards)basically,how do I say it,lazy?not following instruction,not a team player?Football is about more than just your best attribute,the dozens of times I have watched him,his desire to get goalside,track back,play simple is poor.Very exciting running at players,take the ball off him in the premier league and shit would happen.I think youre right he has something missing,and it is in his head.I have said before he is our new taraabt,too maverick and under poch,if you dont play the role you dont play.

We paid a lot of dosh for Son and Moura,both way above Edwards level ATM,Son when he first came was in and out,out quite a bit,mainly I believe because he didnt play the full role,early on. Poch went mental on the side line when Sonny didnt press a backpass to a keeper,late in the game and we were winning at the time (palace I think,and son even scored).His pressing was poor like Moura is now.It isnt the effort put in,it was his understanding and technique,the angles he closed in on,the timing.Look at Eriksen,he isnt roy keane flying in,but watch how he gets the right side,and even not trying to take the ball doesnt allow easy passes to go past him.Moura has this problem,runs around,great desire but nearly always by how he approaches the player allows and easy out ball.When the press beats one of the wide players too easily it opens up the pitch,beat a CM, there is another behind you,out wide it pulls another player over and then you are on the back foot,Son has been taught what is required,is very good in the system now and Moura hopefully will learn this dark art,which is more than simply run around a bit.Back to the point,I just dont see marcus being interested in this side of the game,and its why he will never make it under Poch.If the coaches thought he would take it on board he wouldnt be out on loan where he cant be coached by us.

On to Parrott,what I see is a desire to learn,play his heart out,fight like fuck,its why I believe he will make it and edwards wont.

Last edited: