By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Matt Doherty

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
EgqECLgWoAAAiWo

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
This is a quality signing. When you think how many times Aurier squanders opportunities for crosses, Doherty could put up double figures for assists this season. He only really had Jimenez to aim at with Wolves. Now he has Kane, Son and co.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
This is a quality signing. When you think how many times Aurier squanders opportunities for crosses, Doherty could put up double figures for assists this season. He only really had Jimenez to aim at with Wolves. Now he has Kane, Son and co.
I really thing Serge has improved a lot and could be a very good player, some of his work is top notch and some of his crosses are triffic. Not as good as Trippier at his best, but pretty good. I don't have a problem with keeping him as long as NDobby goes. I agree tha Doherty is a quality signing and along with Hojpodge or whatever his name is we have got off to a good start, will Levy follow these signings with the other players we need? Nah, of course not.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I really thing Serge has improved a lot and could be a very good player, some of his work is top notch and some of his crosses are triffic. Not as good as Trippier at his best, but pretty good. I don't have a problem with keeping him as long as NDobby goes. I agree tha Doherty is a quality signing and along with Hojpodge or whatever his name is we have got off to a good start, will Levy follow these signings with the other players we need? Nah, of course not.

Yeah I agree Serge improved this season, but I reckon Doherty is an upgrade which is great. Whether or not Doherty can hit the sort of numbers Robertson or Arnold do remains to be seen but he will have the opportunity to sit far enough forward. To be fair to Serge he put up similar numbers to Doherty this season but his crossing was very inconsistent.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Yeah I agree Serge improved this season, but I reckon Doherty is an upgrade which is great. Whether or not Doherty can hit the sort of numbers Robertson or Arnold do remains to be seen but he will have the opportunity to sit far enough forward. To be fair to Serge he put up similar numbers to Doherty this season but his crossing was very inconsistent.

With the targets he has here, I believe his numbers will improve.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
You're assuming he will be allowed out of his half...

I'm not confident he will.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I think Davies will be forced to sit back but what do I know
Who knows what you know, I know what I know, but I din't know what I don't know. Is your name John Snow? If so then you know nothing.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I think Davies will be forced to sit back but what do I know
Think Doherty will play right back so it's Davies vs Tanganga vs Sessegnon for left back?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Think Doherty will play right back so it's Davies vs Tanganga vs Sessegnon for left back?
tanganga on the right or CB,left would be davies,sessegnon and Rose remember him??OFC danny may want an extra buck or millions from Rose.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
I think this is great. He's always been one of those players who I felt would find his form if given a proper chance and this is the proof.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

He’s done his MCL Ligaments and is out for the rest of the season.

Recovery timeline is at least 8-12 weeks minimum which will potentially affect when he can start next season as well.

Gutted for him.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
MOTHERFUCKER!

Is any among us bold enough to say s/he would have predicted two months ago that we'd be gutted to hear Mick Matt is unavailable?

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

It's crazy isn't it ?. I remember when most fans were calling for him to be sold because of how poor they thought he was.

It means Emerson will have 7 more games to remind us how terrible he is.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
It's crazy isn't it ?. I remember when most fans were calling for him to be sold because of how poor they thought he was.

It means Emerson will have 7 more games to remind us how terrible he is.
Rather have him in front of Tanganga. I know Japhet is young, but he was an absolute clusterfuck before his injury

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
What a shame for Doherty. Really started to look like the player he was at Wolves.

What a shame for us. Gotta watch Royal run about doing fuck all of any use.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
What a shame for Doherty. Really started to look like the player he was at Wolves.

What a shame for us. Gotta watch Royal run about doing fuck all of any use.
There has to be someone else! I'm sure Harry would play as a right back and number 10 and striker if Don Conte asked him. It wouldn't really matter who played there because Royal doesn't! Anybody would be better, leaving the position open would be better. How about putting Rodon in on the right? Even Sanchez is better than Royal. A random bloke from the crowd would be better. A cardboard cutout of Ledley would be better.

Harsh? Probably, but I really don't see what use he is. I counted 3 times he actually did something that was not useless on Saturday, that is not good enough.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
There has to be someone else! I'm sure Harry would play as a right back and number 10 and striker if Don Conte asked him. It wouldn't really matter who played there because Royal doesn't! Anybody would be better, leaving the position open would be better. How about putting Rodon in on the right? Even Sanchez is better than Royal. A random bloke from the crowd would be better. A cardboard cutout of Ledley would be better.

Harsh? Probably, but I really don't see what use he is. I counted 3 times he actually did something that was not useless on Saturday, that is not good enough.

It's a tough one. We don't really have a midfielder anymore that could drop in there. Sessegnon must be back soon though?!