By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Matthijs De Ligt

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
We have apparently had €55m accepted

Signing him and toby does one for me

Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Hang on..... so it's down to him to decide if he wants to play for us or them..... lol watch money talk again and again.....

While I love that we've actually committed to buy him if he chooses to come to the 3rd placed club over the 1st placed club, for less money than he could get with than with us..... I can't help but feel this will be the same old Levy "we tried to sign so and so but couldn't quite make it work" and then sign Johnny Evan's.

Want to be wrong.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Hang on..... so it's down to him to decide if he wants to play for us or them..... lol watch money talk again and again.....

While I love that we've actually committed to buy him if he chooses to come to the 3rd placed club over the 1st placed club, for less money than he could get with than with us..... I can't help but feel this will be the same old Levy "we tried to sign so and so but couldn't quite make it work" and then sign Johnny Evan's.

Want to be wrong.

Hes said money is not important! He said earns more than most now

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Well fingers crossed but I fear if the above is true he will be City bound

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Hes said money is not important! He said earns more than most now

Yes, there has been lots of talk elsewhere about his character. Seems to be mature beyond his years. He said his wages are much higher than the average persons & that's enough. He would rather go somewhere he could further develop his abilities than for the simple sake of money.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Yes, there has been lots of talk elsewhere about his character. Seems to be mature beyond his years. He said his wages are much higher than the average persons & that's enough. He would rather go somewhere he could further develop his abilities than for the simple sake of money.

SO, does he buy into the brand name manager that will set up his career for life or the manager who is fast becoming known for developing talent into world class players? If he has glory in his heart of course he will join us! That other lot are just a job to most of their players!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Thats the key thing,what purpose does a club have in signing you,Foyth clearly knew he would be under development and was happy to be coached and brought in over time,I bet Martial thought he was being bought to be a starter and numerous other examples of such,top talent bought and benched,christ i could just go through a decade at chelsea lukaku,sturridge,de bruyne,batshuyai,.And then ofc there are players inbetween starting and being coached/developed maybe solanke,chamberlin (bit old really to be prospect tho) for example.But you get my drift,rarely is a top youngster,who is already starting at their "home club" and bought,not straight in the team and it ending well for them,two steps backwards perhaps like wimmer or the players mentioned above,and then they leave is the inevitable result.

Now you cant sign and assure players of a starting berth,but why would de ligt,or sessegnon sign for us or city&united if merely they are benched at this stage of a promising career and in 2 years time be moved on to everton or the such forgotten and reputation tarnished.You are right money isnt everything at this stage,if Dele had gone to liverpool (if slippy G had got out of bed to meet him) I really doubt he would have started that season and then its possible it would have stunted his career,unhappy player,unhappy performances 2 or 3 wasted years and off to bournemouth.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Don’t forget that there are very few players intelligent enough to go against their personal management and agents advice.....which invariably is where can they make most money. I’d be very surprised and very delighted if he chose Spurs in a Spurs vs City head to head.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Don’t forget that there are very few players intelligent enough to go against their personal management and agents advice.....which invariably is where can they make most money. I’d be very surprised and very delighted if he chose Spurs in a Spurs vs City head to head.
If you thought city wanted you for later or spurs wanted you for now,I dont see a choice.I know I am biased but any 17-21 year old must think like that,stay at ajax play for two years,go to spurs play for 4 years or go to city and start playing in 2 years if it goes well.I truly believe that until a certain age you are playing for the love&enjoyment rather than career,money winning stuff.If you werent then really fuck off to the clubs full of other mercenaries.Simple as in my eyes.Yes Kompany is getting on,but is he going to shift what they have?is it probable city will go out and buy another CB for double what city pay for him in the next 2 years anyway?No doubt city&chelsea have the edge with the oil money but i feel more for players of an age already brought through and the finished article from other clubs,this guy doesnt fit that profile.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
If you thought city wanted you for later or spurs wanted you for now,I dont see a choice.I know I am biased but any 17-21 year old must think like that,stay at ajax play for two years,go to spurs play for 4 years or go to city and start playing in 2 years if it goes well.I truly believe that until a certain age you are playing for the love&enjoyment rather than career,money winning stuff.If you werent then really fuck off to the clubs full of other mercenaries.Simple as in my eyes.Yes Kompany is getting on,but is he going to shift what they have?is it probable city will go out and buy another CB for double what city pay for him in the next 2 years anyway?No doubt city&chelsea have the edge with the oil money but i feel more for players of an age already brought through and the finished article from other clubs,this guy doesnt fit that profile.
I’m not disagreeing with you and City bought Laporte last year as well. Let’s hope he chooses Spurs if we lose Toby.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
It's a tricky one this now. I wouldn't say he is going against his Morales if he chose City. They have a brilliant coach, and maybe more defenders than us but even still, kompany is getting on and stones is bang average. Otamendi is quality though, but he would definitely have opportunities there. He'd probably be more likely to get on at us but still wouldnt walk straight in to the team.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
He'd have the same opportunities with us and them imo.

If he assures Poch he can perform he'll get a game... at Citeh he'll have to do the same but also contend with the managing the other players egos.

Egos ain't allowed at Spurs nower days, you earn the shirt.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
To get in the team (assuming we lose Toby) he’s going to have to be better than Jan and Sanchez....so he needs to be very good indeed. Then people like Foyth and CCV are thinking where do I fit in? Wait a year for Jan to lose his touch...or two maybe? Or simply get sold for a profit???

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
To get in the team (assuming we lose Toby) he’s going to have to be better than Jan and Sanchez....so he needs to be very good indeed. Then people like Foyth and CCV are thinking where do I fit in? Wait a year for Jan to lose his touch...or two maybe? Or simply get sold for a profit???
3 at the back in some games,leaving Dier as DM,allowing wanyama if true to be sold (rumours).CCV i think will go out again on a loan and foyth some more experience next year..Whatever happens 11 players start and squads are around 25,so its always an issue,but so is having depth.
Hopefully the lure of seeing jan,eriksen,toby,sanchez join us from ajax will light the way,unless he didnt get on with sanchez,then we`re toast!!

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
We need to sign this kid just for the song.
Matthijis in flight!
Afternoon De Ligt!

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I fear that your old hit may be superceded by the more earthy 'He came from Amsterdam, to play for Tottenham'

Probably, but yiddos do love a good 70s melody. Although it might be a few keys too high for most.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
........Can't smile without you.......Barry Manilow :eek:

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I fear that your old hit may be superceded by the more earthy 'He came from Amsterdam, to play for Tottenham'
his surname is de ligt
he thinks wilshire is shit

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Rumour is he is our main defensive target....Fee could be up to £70m and his preference is us over city

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Rumour is he is our main defensive target....Fee could be up to £70m and his preference is us over city
Whilst I love the optimism, I'm waiting for the shot of him, Martial, Bale and indeed anyone else holding the shirt at the training ground. I haven't forgotten the Willian episode, although to be fair I'd have Eriksen every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Now that we are the 10th biggest club in the world 70 mil shouldn't be a problem. De Light, Bale and Rabiot? Do it, Levy!

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Whilst I love the optimism, I'm waiting for the shot of him, Martial, Bale and indeed anyone else holding the shirt at the training ground. I haven't forgotten the Willian episode, although to be fair I'd have Eriksen every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Would love that, but I think Martial will never happen. United knows that Poch will turn him into a player and make them look stupid. They only sell dogs to rivals. Unfortunately they are too smart for that.