By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

MIND THE GAP...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Need I say more...

What does this mean for you?

How does this make you feel?
41hfbIPSMmL._SX355_.jpg

Last edited:
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We're not guaranteed a Champions League place yet* so we had better not celebrate too soon - NOT! Fuck that bollocks, finishing above the scum IS A FUCKING TROPHY for me. Some of us have been 'minding the gap' for weeks, now everybody and dos dog will be minding it.

*For us to miss out on the CL, among other unlikely things, we would need to lose all our remaining games and United win theirs, turning round a 23 goal difference advantage, I think we might be safe there!

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside and has put a massive smile on my face. However we should've finished above 'em in at least 2 of the last 5/6 years, so to finally do it is special.

We now move onto bigger and better things, we're far superior to them now, in terms of players and manager and we'll have a shiny new stadium in a year or so, whatever that French fella says, there is a shift in power and all this had done is tick off another box on the 'to do list'. Next box silverware and then we can really start lauding ourselves.

It feels really good, in fact it feels fucking amazing being a Spurs fan right now...I like it a lot!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I feel quietly smug.....

Just hoping I bump into a few Scum fans tomorrow so my bank holiday weekend can be complete...!!!

Last edited:
J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I hate Arsenal. I understand that some, especially in recent years, have come to hate Chelsea and Liverpool as much or even more, and they have good reason for feeling that way. But I was really just becoming a supporter of the club during the late nineties, and so by the time I was all in, those pricks were winning the league every other year or so. So basically I began to hate Arsenal in proportion with my love for Spurs--the more strongly I felt about the one, the more strongly I felt about the other. I have watched the second half twice tonight, and the more I watch it, the better I feel. It may be petty to say it, and I was really annoyed by the Chelsea result at Everton, but today (yesterday now for you lot) is up there with my happiest days as a Spurs fan.

That being said, the game was almost weird--obviously, there have been I guess three seasons in the last 15 or so that we've been better than them. But it was unreal how much better Spurs were than Arsenal today. Lee Dixon, who I hated even by Arsenal standards, does the analysis for NBC over here, and even he pointed out that only Sanchez of their XI would have a prayer of getting in the Spurs squad, and I think even he would have to fight for his place. In short, mind the gap doesn't even begin to say it. Happy happy day.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I agree with @J.spurs.

In my opinion, this is a very attractive gap

images

But the massive gulf in quality between Spurs & Scum is far more titillating.

S

spursman18

Player in Training.
Going to be a little shit if they win the FA Cup

B

Bbkyid

Founding Member
Going to be a little shit if they win the FA Cup
It will be a little shit whoever wins it now. An absolute cunt fest of a final. Take your pick.. I suppose the chavs winning would have less impact as they are already good. But it's like chlamydia instead of syphilis. I hope the stadium falls down.
Anyway fuck them both. And mind the gap! God that felt good to say, I promised I wouldn't say it until it wasn't possible they overtook us.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
After yesterday's confirmation, this is now the dawn of an new era.

Reactions: Yid
Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Read an interesting article in the Telegraph yesterday, which profiles how far behind the Arse we are, in terms of commercial revenue and social media popularity.

IMG_2311.JPG

The shift in absolute power will only really come, when we start to win some silverware. Then we can boost our commercial standing thru a rise in popularity and headlines in papers and social media. We'll be taking on board a lot of plastics, which no one likes but it'll also spawn a fair amount of young fans that'll be with us for years to come. Keeping Poch is above all the most important thing in all this, he's arguably the single most important part of this club and one of the most important people we've had for a few decades.

With our new stadium, our match day revenue will be more in line with our competitors, coupled with a trophy or two that'll potentially boost our commercial standing, meaning that we'll comfortably be able to pay the wages that'll stop our big names looking elsewhere.

Anyway let's not let economics get in the way of what is an incredible time to be a Spurs fan, the here and now feels like a wet dream!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
It will be a little shit whoever wins it now. An absolute cunt fest of a final. Take your pick.. I suppose the chavs winning would have less impact as they are already good. But it's like chlamydia instead of syphilis. I hope the stadium falls down.
Anyway fuck them both. And mind the gap! God that felt good to say, I promised I wouldn't say it until it wasn't possible they overtook us.
I suppose if the Scum won it'd be very difficult for their board to sack Wenger..... let's look for the positives from what is a bucket of cunts final.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Read an interesting article in the Telegraph yesterday, which profiles how far behind the Arse we are, in terms of commercial revenue and social media popularity.

View attachment 241

The shift in absolute power will only really come, when we start to win some silverware. Then we can boost our commercial standing thru a rise in popularity and headlines in papers and social media. We'll be taking on board a lot of plastics, which no one likes but it'll also spawn a fair amount of young fans that'll be with us for years to come. Keeping Poch is above all the most important thing in all this, he's arguably the single most important part of this club and one of the most important people we've had for a few decades.

With our new stadium, our match day revenue will be more in line with our competitors, coupled with a trophy or two that'll potentially boost our commercial standing, meaning that we'll comfortably be able to pay the wages that'll stop our big names looking elsewhere.

Anyway let's not let economics get in the way of what is an incredible time to be a Spurs fan, the here and now feels like a wet dream!!
Good post.

I'd say silverware is one way of boosting those numbers but the other is what the Scum have prided themselves on over the last 20 years..... consistent CL places. That is the real deal in terms of exposure and reach. 2 seasons on the bounce will be the biggest step forward our club has made in recent times, and with that and the starlets we have our profile will rise higher and higher.

We have to do what they have done and make it a very good habit to get into. If we do that and keep the necleus of this side together strengthening our depth.... (priority this summer) the tide will seriously start to turn.

We need the Arse and Utds out of the CL so that we can be the ones fighting for the huge pots of sponsorship and tv revenue cash.

I cant believe our kit deal will be 70% lower than theirs for next year etc... it may be lower but I can't see that disparity continuing with Levy at the helm.

Mind the gap fuckers

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Why mate? I'm more worried about what we do.

I don't think on that showing they have a chance in hell against the Chavs.
Dont bother me what goes on there,its a thunder cunts final.
Anyway we can always sing "have you ever won in europe have you fuck"

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Good post.

I'd say silverware is one way of boosting those numbers but the other is what the Scum have prided themselves on over the last 20 years..... consistent CL places. That is the real deal in terms of exposure and reach. 2 seasons on the bounce will be the biggest step forward our club has made in recent times, and with that and the starlets we have our profile will rise higher and higher.

We have to do what they have done and make it a very good habit to get into. If we do that and keep the necleus of this side together strengthening our depth.... (priority this summer) the tide will seriously start to turn.

We need the Arse and Utds out of the CL so that we can be the ones fighting for the huge pots of sponsorship and tv revenue cash.

I cant believe our kit deal will be 70% lower than theirs for next year etc... it may be lower but I can't see that disparity continuing with Levy at the helm.

Mind the gap fuckers

Yeah totally agree mate, a consistent run in the cl, will as you say boost revenue and attract a new crop of fans, increasing our global exposure.

If we can add a couple of trophies as well as continue qualifying for the cl and go relatively deep in that comp, then that'll really start to swell numbers on all fronts.

Still buzzing after yesterday!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member

View attachment 241

In a related story, one that has yet to make it in the papers, Arsenal can, despite their legions of Instagram followers, suck my balls.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Now need to start converting that into titles.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We will have to be cautious in our celebrations over our historic victory over the goons, because next year Wilshere will be returning to the Emirates and we all know how that will end. Sanchez and Ozil will probably have buggered off, but it won't matter because Jack will be back. Koshyontheknee is going to be injured for most of the season, Jack will step in to their defence. Mustafi and Xhaka will be suspended for half the season because they are both dirty cunts, Jack once again will swoop in like Batman and rescue them. Maybe LVG will be tempted to take the vacant manager's position, then we will really be in trouble. We had better party like it's 2017 and make the most of the yuge, massive, enormous gap because the builders are in making the home dressing room wheelchair friendly for Jack's return.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
We will have to be cautious in our celebrations over our historic victory over the goons, because next year Wilshere will be returning to the Emirates and we all know how that will end. Sanchez and Ozil will probably have buggered off, but it won't matter because Jack will be back. Koshyontheknee is going to be injured for most of the season, Jack will step in to their defence. Mustafi and Xhaka will be suspended for half the season because they are both dirty cunts, Jack once again will swoop in like Batman and rescue them. Maybe LVG will be tempted to take the vacant manager's position, then we will really be in trouble. We had better party like it's 2017 and make the most of the yuge, massive, enormous gap because the builders are in making the home dressing room wheelchair friendly for Jack's return.
No celebrations allowed,cos after 20 odd years of them celebrating like dervishes and even naming a day after it,its now not cool to do that,so say 10,000 muppets who now sound like scousers talking about history and being victims and not their fault.Arsenal fans are the complete reason for more blow jobs,cos if only their mothers had partaken there would be fewer of them.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Well I'm off for a Dad kick about around the park at 7, Spurs Shirt ON me thinks :cool: Now do I go classic 95 Klinsmann or Bale Champions League Hmmmm...

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Need I say more...

What does this mean for you?

How does this make you feel?
41hfbIPSMmL._SX355_.jpg

I thought it would make me feel happy and smug, but to be honest, ecstatic and buzzing is what I'm still feeling.

It's not just the go using above them, it's a message that you've had your time, now we are having ours. We have leap frogged them and ate the far better team.

They will lose Sanchez and nobody will want to go there so I see it as confirmation of their demise.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
I thought it would make me feel happy and smug, but to be honest, ecstatic and buzzing is what I'm still feeling.

It's not just the go using above them, it's a message that you've had your time, now we are having ours. We have leap frogged them and ate the far better team.

They will lose Sanchez and nobody will want to go there so I see it as confirmation of their demise.

Absolutely mate.

It's about the here and now, of course over the last few decades they've monopolised the silverware side of it but it's not about that, it's about a tangible shift in terms of where the clubs are heading. They can use their trophy haul as a defence mechanism for as long as they want but ultimately right now, deep down they realise they're lagging behind us and it's beautiful to witness!