By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Monaco A [CL] 19.45 Tues 22nd November

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Monaco-vs-Spurs-Champions-League-Match-Preview-22-November-2016.jpg

The teams have for three times in total and they share 1 win and draw a-piece. The latest meeting at Wembley on matchday 1 was won by Monaco aided by two first half goals from Bernardo Silva and Thomas Lemar. While Toby Alderweireld scored the consolation goal for Spurs just before the half-time whistle.

Before the 2-1 loss at Wembley, Tottenham were unbeaten in 2 previous meeting against Monaco, which came during the Europa League group stage last season. Spurs earned a thumping 4-1 win at home before a 1-1 draw in the away fixture. Eric Lamela have scored four goals during those two fixtures, including a hat-trick in the home win.

Monaco have met Premier League sides on 15 occasions and managed 7 wins, 4 draws and 4 losses. Their record at home is 3 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats from 7 matches.

Spurs are win-less in away trips to Ligue 1 clubs, but managed 3 draws in 4 fixtures, losing only once. Their overall record is 4 wins, 3 draws and 2 losses from 9 matches.

Monaco are top of the group with 8 points after picking 2 wins and 2 draws from their 4 matches so far. They defeated CSKA Moscow 3-0 at home on matchday 4 with three quick goals in the first half. A draw will guarantee their qualification to the round of 16, while a win will confirm them as group winners if Leverkusen drops points against CSKA.

Group E Point Standings: Monaco (8),Leverkusen (6),Spurs (4),CSKA (2).

What does Poch do, with Chelsea at the weekend? experiment at left back as Davies is injured and Rose suspended? Go for it and see what we get, since this is truly a 'must win' game if we want to have any chance to progress. Who would be a Poch eh??

Spurs to win 2-1

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
If we lose and Leverkusen avoid defeat then we're out right?

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
A win and it really puts the cat amongst the pigeons. We'll be on 7 and Monaco on 8. If Leverkusen lose or draw with CSKA then they'll be on 6 or 7 and the final game between them and Monaco becomes a winner takes all with us cleaning up at home to an already out CSKA.
At this stage I don't care about winning the group, just getting out of the group.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
All i know is win both we are def through,so its in our own hands.
Think it will suit us being away,I would guess trippier and rose to start,doubt lamela,toby will start,but i think as a team we are solid enough to make 3 or 4 changes from sat and still do the biz.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
We're over for the Moscow game so badly want us to win this one.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Pochettino confirms Davies, Lamela & Alderweireld remain out, while all other available players have travelled to France

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Leverkusen 1 up at half time vs moscow

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
HT in moscow.liversausage are 1-0 up,stays like that we have to win.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
CSKA just helped us out, if they can hold on

Spurs XI vs. AS Monaco: Lloris, Trippier, Dier, Wimmer, Rose. Wanyama, Dembele, Winks, Alli. Son, Kane.

Not the strongest line up possible, one eye on Chelsea at the weekend.

boo

boo

Founding Member
with the chavs the following weekend (sat? / sun?) it's a tough call for who plays and who doesn't.

S

spursman18

Player in Training.
Smart move by poch to play Dier/Wimmer tonight since they'll be paired against Chelsea.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Looks cold in Russia, some of the players look ill

Perhaps it's time they brought off Chestikov and Ticklykov and freshen it up

boo

boo

Founding Member
Monaco are unbeaten in their last six games (W5, D1) and are currently sitting in 2nd place in the French League. That doesn't sound good >.<

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Cant see us winning tonight

My new immigration package to this shiny new site stated that "there wouldn't be any of this bullshit negativity" here or anywhere else on this site.

:)

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Monaco is in good form but 3-1 to Spurs. For sure. Definitely.
@Don Diaz is gonna make it happen (from the inside).

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
CSKA just helped us out, if they can hold on

Spurs XI vs. AS Monaco: Lloris, Trippier, Dier, Wimmer, Rose. Wanyama, Dembele, Winks, Alli. Son, Kane.

Not the strongest line up possible, one eye on Chelsea at the weekend.
I also think he's tried to rest players who only played on Saturday evening too, at least some of them. Super Jan can't play every game and will be needed in what I expect to be a back 3 at the weekend but what do I know eh! VW and the Mouse in the double pivot is solid as fuck and Winks Alli, Son has plenty enough about it to be creative and score goals and I'm sure that guy up top is a bit of a goal scorer too!!!!

First must win game of the season, FT in Moscow is 1-1 so we currently sit 3 points behind Leverkusen and 4 behind Monaco. COYS!!!!

It might only be the group stage I'm getting really excited about this one, it's the games where it's do or die that make this game so amazing this is pretty much that. We could still potentially go through with a loss today but would need Monaco to win the last game and for us to stuff CSKA. Let's just get ourselves a win and make it a lot easier at Wembley (it's never fucking easy there is it!).

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
My new immigration package to this shiny new site stated that "there wouldn't be any of this bullshit negativity" here or anywhere else on this site.

:)
I'm sure he's alright saying he doesn't think we will win if that's how he feels, it's the whole bashing players, club, coach, chairman endless type of negativity that drives me mad. If he doesn't feel like we'll win then fair enough, they did beat us at home and are unbeaten in their last 6 league games winning 5 of them. Gonna be a tough one today but it's not out of our hands by any stretch of the imagination!!!!

COYS!!!!

Hope you're having a good'n out there @Don Diaz

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Cant see us winning tonight
How come buddy? I'm not overly confident myself but think we'll have a damn good go at it today and hopefully put in the kind of performance we all want. Does that mean we'll win though??? Fuck knows, it's the champ league so anything can happen. I'll make sure I piss my neighbours off again with all my shouting tonight though.

S

spursman18

Player in Training.
You must be lost, this is the new forum, try SSS they like these snappy negative one liners with no explanation or thought.

Here's a thought....we're coming up against one of the best attacks in Europe with our 2nd defense out (due to circumstances out of our hands).

I'm hopeful of a result but realistic to not expect much given our current run of form recently

S

spursman18

Player in Training.
How come buddy? I'm not overly confident myself but think we'll have a damn good go at it today and hopefully put in the kind of performance we all want. Does that mean we'll win though??? Fuck knows, it's the champ league so anything can happen. I'll make sure I piss my neighbours off again with all my shouting tonight though.

Lack of goals in the team over the last 7/8 games. Sure, having Kane out there is a plus but like I just posted I'm not exactly confident with the defense we have out tonight

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Lack of goals in the team over the last 7/8 games. Sure, having Kane out there is a plus but like I just posted I'm not exactly confident with the defense we have out tonight
That's fair enough. ur defence isn't our strongest but can't play Jan every single game and Toby is out. we've been a bit shaky at the back on a few occasions and not created as much as I'd have hoped. Just glad it's 0-0 at half time right now. Son should have done better one on one but then Hugo saved our asses pretty much straight after.

45 minutes left and all to play for!!!!!

COYS!!!!

boo

boo

Founding Member
so much space here. come on lads, pick it up second half!