By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Monaco H Wembley CL 19:45 Wed 14 Sep 2016

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
CsAQb_TWAAEIwRm.jpg

Spurs are on their way to Wembley...
Cr0jsgcXEAAzvd5.jpg

Its good to be back!! eh mousa!!!
CsEK-8NWAAQS_Ln.jpg

Last edited:
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Monaco are currently top of ligue 1 after a 4-1 away win at Lille yesterday.Having looked at their squad have to say only two names i recognised were Falcao and Moutinio,but then again I dont profess to follow european football.
Expect Rose to miss out,and GKN not match ready from poch reports??but seems everyone else is fit and dandy.Anyone heard from Wimmer??

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
So excited for this.....

Hope this is where we bring our A game and start our season...!!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Ahhhhhhh memories and more to come....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
TEAM NEWS: "@mousadembele is available which is good news. Danny is recovering well but is still out."

New livery at wembley!!
CsOiGzSXYAAEvEy.jpg

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
http://m.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/...ge-is-set-make-it-a-night-to-remember-130916/
The stage is set - make it a night to remember!
Posted on 13 September 2016 - 14:05

We will make history at Wembley Stadium, connected by EE, on Wednesday night. This is the night we return to the Champions League, a night to celebrate all things Spurs and a night to make the most famous football stadium in the world our own.
The Club's record attendance has stood at 75,038 for 68 years, an FA Cup sixth round tie against Sunderland at the Lane on March 5, 1938.

Now, every fan stepping through the turnstiles on Wednesday night will contribute to a new mark in the Club's history, a mark we know already exceeds 80,000.

Arrive early - 7.45pm KO!
Suffice to say, with that attendance in mind, we ask all supporters to arrive as early as possible. Kick-off is 7.45pm and turnstiles will open at 5.45pm.

INFO - travel to Wembley Stadium

INFO - map of Wembley

Wear your colours!
European nights have traditionally seen us sporting an all-white kit. It is the colour associated with many of our glory, glory nights. Make this another one to remember - wear white!

Home from home
It will feel like 'home' as soon as you arrive at Wembley. The lampposts on the famous Wembley Way will be adorned in our colours along with the lampposts around the stadium perimeter. The big external screens on the stadium will give you a Spurs welcome and after dark, you won't miss the stadium's arch lit up in Lilywhite. You will also hear the familiar sounds of the Tottenham Steel Band on the Arena Square.

Meanwhile, look out for members of the Spurs Ladies team on the Upper External Concourse as they will be handing out free hand-waving flags to young fans (while stocks last) and free limited-edition posters.

Fly your flag!
Feel free to bring your own flags!* We also have two giant crowd-surfer flags ready for the big night - imagine a sea of blue and lilywhite around Wembley - inspirational!

Special-edition programme
Our special-edition official matchday programme will be 100 pages at an increased A4 size celebrating our return to the UEFA Champions League, priced £5. Moussa Sissoko and Danny Rose are both featured, alongside Mauricio Pochettino's exclusive column.

Our new range of UEFA Champions League merchandise, Spurs kit and souvenirs will be on sale at the Wembley store and the official merchandise kiosks inside and outside the stadium.

INFO - purchase our Champions League merchandise online now

Take a snap!
Fancy appearing on the screens at Wembley? Take your photographs and post on Twitter and Instagram using #SpursAtWembley and you could find yourself on the concourse screens or the big screen inside the stadium!

We look forward to welcoming you to our Champions League home on what promises to be a memorable glory glory night!

*Flags and banners permitted in accordance with Wembley’s usual rules and regulations - please refer to ‘guidance to use of flags at Wembley Stadium', link below.
INFO - Wembley rules and regulations

CsPD3ffWcAAjlJN.jpg
CsPD3k-W8AIU50V.jpg

CsPQrSmWcAEzyTV.jpg

Last edited:
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Mauricio Pochettino reveals Tottenham have been training on replica Wembley pitch ahead of Champions League opener
Spurs have installed a pitch at Hotspur Way that mirrors the dimensions of Wembley ahead of their clash with Monaco

Tottenham have been training on a pitch the same size as Wembley’s to put them in the best possible shape for their Champions League clash with Monaco.

Spurs trained at the national stadium earlier this season but were able to do so only once – prompting manager Mauricio Pochettino to make contingency plans.

At 105m in length and 69m in width, Wembley is larger than White Hart Lane, whose dimensions are 100mx67m.

When Spurs agreed a deal to play Champions League home games at Wembley while construction work continues on their new ground, Pochettino asked for identical playing conditions at the club’s Enfield training base.
He said: “We created the same dimensions as Wembley. We need to feel good both there and at White Hart Lane. We need to enjoy playing at Wembley.

“We need to go there and behave naturally. We will have the same routine as we do at White Hart Lane – arrive three-and-a-half hours before the game, have some meetings, prepare for the match in a normal way.

“We trust ourselves and the way we play. It is a good chance for us to play on a big pitch but in the end we need to adapt, not find excuses.

“When you play on a big pitch it can help a team who try to build from the back, as we do, because you have more space. Yes, it is bigger than White Hart Lane but we are not worried about our physical condition.”

Tottenham are expecting a record crowd for a ‘home’ game, with attendance likely to be close to Wembley’s 90,000 capacity.

As a coach, Pochettino has never experienced the Champions League, and many of his players will be competing in it for the first time.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
CsPfXdcWAAArESA.jpg

Its really happening!!

CsPnfbpWYAA85TA.jpg

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Fuck I wish I was going to this.......last time the CL nights were bloody brilliant. Have a good time @Ted the Yid. take some pics if you remember on the night. There's supposed to be a couple of big crowd surf flags and stuff. We better bloody win after all this razzmatazz on the club official site!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I am hoping we change our star wars music from duel of the fates.. to this for when we walk out at wembley!! Fuck I`d even buy Poch the black cape and I`d sell both my kidneys and liver to buy him a light saber and him to strike Jose down with it.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Fuck I wish I was going to this.......last time the CL nights were bloody brilliant. Have a good time @Ted the Yid. take some pics if you remember on the night. There's supposed to be a couple of big crowd surf flags and stuff. We better bloody win after all this razzmatazz on the club official site!!

Will do, fella and thanks again. I will liven up those around me so they'll be in good voice for the next one.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Mauricio Pochettino reveals Tottenham have been training on replica Wembley pitch ahead of Champions League opener
Spurs have installed a pitch at Hotspur Way that mirrors the dimensions of Wembley ahead of their clash with Monaco

Tottenham have been training on a pitch the same size as Wembley’s to put them in the best possible shape for their Champions League clash with Monaco.

Spurs trained at the national stadium earlier this season but were able to do so only once – prompting manager Mauricio Pochettino to make contingency plans.

At 105m in length and 69m in width, Wembley is larger than White Hart Lane, whose dimensions are 100mx67m.

When Spurs agreed a deal to play Champions League home games at Wembley while construction work continues on their new ground, Pochettino asked for identical playing conditions at the club’s Enfield training base.
He said: “We created the same dimensions as Wembley. We need to feel good both there and at White Hart Lane. We need to enjoy playing at Wembley.

“We need to go there and behave naturally. We will have the same routine as we do at White Hart Lane – arrive three-and-a-half hours before the game, have some meetings, prepare for the match in a normal way.

“We trust ourselves and the way we play. It is a good chance for us to play on a big pitch but in the end we need to adapt, not find excuses.

“When you play on a big pitch it can help a team who try to build from the back, as we do, because you have more space. Yes, it is bigger than White Hart Lane but we are not worried about our physical condition.”

Tottenham are expecting a record crowd for a ‘home’ game, with attendance likely to be close to Wembley’s 90,000 capacity.

As a coach, Pochettino has never experienced the Champions League, and many of his players will be competing in it for the first time.

We trust ourselves and the way we play. It is a good chance for us to play on a big pitch but in the end we need to adapt, not find excuses.

My favourite quote of the week.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Anyone here going tomorrow?
my tickets are going sadly i will be 2,500 miles away,but I will be there in more than spirit!!

I think the 3 main issues are dembele or not dembele?
Son or Lamela? (possibly sissoko,probably not?),Did you know Son has scored 4 in 5 starts now the 5th game was newcastle does that even count?? and Lamela got a hatrick against this lot last time out,now there`s a dilema eh!!
Kane alone or Kane with Janssen? probably the former,but two hard pressing strikers is almost the same as 6 in midfield so dont rule it out!!

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
my tickets are going sadly i will be 2,500 miles away,but I will be there in more than spirit!!

I think the 3 main issues are dembele or not dembele?
Son or Lamela? (possibly sissoko,probably not?),Did you know Son has scored 4 in 5 starts now the 5th game was newcastle does that even count?? and Lamela got a hatrick against this lot last time out,now there`s a dilema eh!!
Kane alone or Kane with Janssen? probably the former,but two hard pressing strikers is almost the same as 6 in midfield so dont rule it out!!

Good issues to have, will be good to see the Mouse return, question is if Pochettino thinks he's match fit or not.

Our bench is going to have a load of options on it. The squad is brilliantly balanced just about every position has quality depth. The only slight concern is covering Dembele as it does alter our game but then again 4 games 2 wins, 2 draws without him isn't a bad scenario.

I'm guessing Rose is still injured?

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
So today we break our "home" attendance, here is some footage of our record attendance in our proper home.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Need to be aware that Monaco are no pushover....we should win but let's not take it for granted as Wembley will mean there's no realistic home advantage and it will 'feel' like the final....bringing the best out of those Monaco lads...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Good issues to have, will be good to see the Mouse return, question is if Pochettino thinks he's match fit or not.

Our bench is going to have a load of options on it. The squad is brilliantly balanced just about every position has quality depth. The only slight concern is covering Dembele as it does alter our game but then again 4 games 2 wins, 2 draws without him isn't a bad scenario.

I'm guessing Rose is still injured?
yeah Rose is out,I think maybe wanyama and Dier getting to know each other has partially been due to our very solid defensively but less flaterring in attack start to the season.Its terrible when we are complaining and we have only conceded 2 goals in 4 matches and one of them was a pen.Playing dembele def gives us better attacking options and maybe the way to go as traditionally away europeans come with a less expansive game should I say?
I am sure who ever starts will be fully (excuse the pun) stoked up,champions league and 85k yids roaring them on.COYMFS

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
CsTPMb5WgAAQ1v7.jpg
CsTnZ3uXYAAdouZ.jpg
CsTcM1YXYAAdXw4.jpg
CsTq1kNWcAAAu0h.jpg

Now imagine it full of yids!!!!