By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Mousa Dembele

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I wrote something a month or two ago I feel dirty about.

I suggested that due to the injuries and inconsistent availability that it might be time to....... (Deep breath)........ To imagine life after Mousa and think about getting him fit and replacing him...... I actually feel sick.

He is without doubt my favorite player. He can do things and beat players the way ZZ did (think I have mentioned that before). He makes us play and he is sooooooooooo important to how we want to play as he always dictates the speed and tempo of the games he plays in.

I would like to retract my idiotic previous comments. Mooooose I love you.

+ 1.

I too doubted the great man. This makes me a numpty.

Reactions: Yid
deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
It kind of makes me wonder whether they were training him quite hard for a few weeks to overload him, or whether they really reduced his weekly workload because he really looks in much better physical condition in turns of his movement and ability to run out games than he has for a long while.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
It kind of makes me wonder whether they were training him quite hard for a few weeks to overload him, or whether they really reduced his weekly workload because he really looks in much better physical condition in turns of his movement and ability to run out games than he has for a long while.
Did you watch the eriksen video posted this week?the sports science and training stuff we employ is quite detailed,obviously mousa needs special care above others,have we learnt how to manage his condition or is this just a good time before problems again?Hopefully the former,because this run against man u,liverpool ,arsenal,juve which looked daunting mousa has dominated all these teams CM players and allowed us to control everyone of these matches,wasnt it highest ever possesion stats by an away team at anfield since they began collecting this info?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I wrote something a month or two ago I feel dirty about.

I suggested that due to the injuries and inconsistent availability that it might be time to....... (Deep breath)........ To imagine life after Mousa and think about getting him fit and replacing him...... I actually feel sick.

He is without doubt my favorite player. He can do things and beat players the way ZZ did (think I have mentioned that before). He makes us play and he is sooooooooooo important to how we want to play as he always dictates the speed and tempo of the games he plays in.

I would like to retract my idiotic previous comments. Mooooose I love you.
Yep, there was a time when I couldn't see what he gave us, but that was in the dark days of AVB and Tim. The computer generated technical football of AVB didn't do any of our players any favours and my thought was he killed any pace we had, but I think that was probably because AVB was guilty of murder, yes he brutally killed any individuality and flair that existed in our players. I know Mousa had a lot of injury problems as well, but I like to blame AVB because he get right on my thrrupnies.

OK, AVB's stats were good, I still can't believe his win percentage is the best of any Spurs manager, how the fuck is that possible? I use to go to more games in those dark days and I remember the journeys home were poxy, I felt I had been robbed of the £120 plus quid it cost me for my ticket and travel, but facts is facts and it ain't no fake news! I wonder what AVB's win percentage would have been like without Gareth Bale? BTW the Poch is catching AVB on win percentage, he will soon become the boss of bosses!

I don't know if the Poch has improved Mousa's play or if he just allows the talent to shine through, everybody looks good when they are in a Poch side! Anyway, I love the big man and I don't care if it is just my perception of him that has changed or he has got better, I was wr.......

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Yep, there was a time when I couldn't see what he gave us, but that was in the dark days of AVB and Tim. The computer generated technical football of AVB didn't do any of our players any favours and my thought was he killed any pace we had, but I think that was probably because AVB was guilty of murder, yes he brutally killed any individuality and flair that existed in our players. I know Mousa had a lot of injury problems as well, but I like to blame AVB because he get right on my thrrupnies.

OK, AVB's stats were good, I still can't believe his win percentage is the best of any Spurs manager, how the fuck is that possible? I use to go to more games in those dark days and I remember the journeys home were poxy, I felt I had been robbed of the £120 plus quid it cost me for my ticket and travel, but facts is facts and it ain't no fake news! I wonder what AVB's win percentage would have been like without Gareth Bale? BTW the Poch is catching AVB on win percentage, he will soon become the boss of bosses!

I don't know if the Poch has improved Mousa's play or if he just allows the talent to shine through, everybody looks good when they are in a Poch side! Anyway, I love the big man and I don't care if it is just my perception of him that has changed or he has got better, I was wr.......
You were wright.....he has got better and better. Under AVB he was asked to play differently and regularly got subbed around the 65 minute mark because of fitness, injury or whatever. In crucial games these days he plays for much longer, like the full 90 against Juventus. Fantastic player.

If I had once teeny tiny criticism - I wish he would shoot a bit more, I was there when he scored on his home debut, and I remember another crucial goal in the Europa league a couple of years ago, but he doesn't get many.... shoot Mousa, shoot.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
See the last two lines in particular. Yiddo.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/2...ts-on-tottenham-future-has-discussed-china-m/
Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Mousa Dembele has told Belgian outlet HLN that he has discussed a move to the Chinese Super League with fellow Belgium World Cup stars Yannick Ferreira Carrasco and Axel Witsel - but also claimed he could remain at Spurs.

Dembele, 30, has been linked with a move to Chinese outfit Beijing Guoan, who currently boast players such as Cedric Bakambu, Renato Augusto and Jonathan Viera.

Speaking to HLN, Dembele gave foundation to those rumours by admitting he had discussed a move to China with Witsel and Carrasco, who currently play in the CSL.

However, Dembele did state that his next team would not be an English one, out of respect to Spurs. He even claimed he had spoken to Laurent Ciman about the MLS - Ciman plays for Los Angeles FC.

"I love football, but I am also an adventurer. I am open to everything. I am not going to deny that I have already spoken about Yannick and Axel about China. But I did that too with Lolo [Ciman]," Dembele said.

Central midfielder Witsel currently plays for Tianjin Quanjian, while Carrasco made the surprise decision to leave Atletico Madrid and join Dalian Yifeng alongside ex-West Ham defender Jose Fonte.

His future at Spurs remains in doubt, with only a year left to run on his contract under Mauricio Pochettino. Indeed, Spurs have been linked with a whole host of midfielders this summer, in order to replace the former Fulham star.

"Now, I'm not going to say that I'm leaving at Tottenham anyway. Or that I certainly stay. But when I leave, it is not going to another English club anyway. Tottenham is my team."

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Mousa Dembele.. The guy is just fricking marvellous to watch. Would love him to stay and see out a final year, but if the league is to fast paced for the injuries he carries and he is genuinely in pain then I wish him well in his next adventure!

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
Sky sports news reporting he is off to China. A bid of 9 million has been accepted?

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Sky sports news reporting he is off to China. A bid of 9 million has been accepted?
Saw that. Hope its not true, but have a feeling it might be. If so, fair play to him, hard to begrudge anyone a massive payday as their career winds down and as he's experiencing more and more injuries.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
31 with a dodgy hip, great shame but I think he needs an easier life than chasing these youngsters round the pitch, if it's true.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
It's only true once it's been confirmed by the club

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
Absolutely,

Mousa Dembele: Tottenham midfielder set for £11m Beijing Guoan ...
BBC Sport-5 hours ago
Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele is on the brink of completing an £11m ... Dembele has made 243 Premier League appearances in total, ...
Mousa Dembélé set to leave Tottenham for Beijing Guoan in £11m move
The Guardian-1 hour ago

Tottenham accept £11m Mousa Dembele bid from Chinese Super ...
Telegraph.co.uk-2 hours ago

Mousa Dembele transfer: Tottenham accept £11m bid from Chinese ...
Mirror.co.uk-2 hours ago

Mousa Dembele on the brink of Spurs exit with a move to China ...
Metro-5 hours ago

Mousa Dembele nears Tottenham exit as Beijing Guoan close in on ...
Highly Cited-Evening Standard-6 hours ago

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Absolutely,

Mousa Dembele: Tottenham midfielder set for £11m Beijing Guoan ...
BBC Sport-5 hours ago
Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele is on the brink of completing an £11m ... Dembele has made 243 Premier League appearances in total, ...
Mousa Dembélé set to leave Tottenham for Beijing Guoan in £11m move
The Guardian-1 hour ago

Tottenham accept £11m Mousa Dembele bid from Chinese Super ...
Telegraph.co.uk-2 hours ago

Mousa Dembele transfer: Tottenham accept £11m bid from Chinese ...
Mirror.co.uk-2 hours ago

Mousa Dembele on the brink of Spurs exit with a move to China ...
Metro-5 hours ago

Mousa Dembele nears Tottenham exit as Beijing Guoan close in on ...
Highly Cited-Evening Standard-6 hours ago
I'm guessing it's all the same source though?

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Doesn’t look like there’s much doubt mate, that’s if he wants to go to China, fuck that but whatever! Out of contract in the Summer, so Levy will want something back for him, rather than going on a free in the Summer. A very sad time, I will shed a tear, the guy’s an absolute beast but plays with an elegance befitting of a professional ice skater. Such a shame injuries have hampered him, could easily have had another couple of years with us otherwise. Off the top of my head, he and Ginola are the two most graceful footballers i’ve ever seen in a Spurs shirt.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Doesn’t look like there’s much doubt mate, that’s if he wants to go to China, fuck that but whatever! Out of contract in the Summer, so Levy will want something back for him, rather than going on a free in the Summer. A very sad time, I will shed a tear, the guy’s an absolute beast but plays with an elegance befitting of a professional ice skater. Such a shame injuries have hampered him, could easily have had another couple of years with us otherwise. Off the top of my head, he and Ginola are the two most graceful footballers i’ve ever seen in a Spurs shirt.
Said it before.... when he is properly on it, he is Zidane'esq....

Agree with the Ginola thing. Proper Spursy players.

Saying that it thins the squad, which means we may well do something in this window if it's at all possible.

That'll be a novelty...!!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
@admin ..... I would like to respectfully request the addition of the crying emoji...!!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Oliver Skipps 2 assists at the weekend is as many as Dembele in the last 2½ years

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
@admin ..... I would like to respectfully request the addition of the crying emoji...!!!

China?

Sad to see him leave if it happens, as it appears it will. However, he is just now past his best and if the Chinese league allows him to finish out at a slower pace then it is a good move for him.

Plus, it seems like we will get a reasonable fee for the great man.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Was my favorite player for years! Will be missed, but I think the PL is too much for him now. Wish him the best. Loved his toughness and ability to keep the ball even if surrounded by 5 players. Remember an instance against Chelsea when he circled like 6 times and just taunted them. He probably passed back to Dier after that, but I still loved him as a player.

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
Love the guy, nearly 250 games, 12 goals and 12 assists.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Brilliant player.....imagine if he couldve added some more goals to his tally, would've been up there with the best

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member

We support a classy club. Love touches like that..

Mousa Dembele one of my all time favourites. Always held on to the ball, drove forward and was the creator behind the final assist. Wish he could have added more goals but you can't have everything.

Put in a good stint and probably got his move spot on. The rigours of the prem had clearly caught up with him.

Legend!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
We support a classy club. Love touches like that..

Mousa Dembele one of my all time favourites. Always held on to the ball, drove forward and was the creator behind the final assist. Wish he could have added more goals but you can't have everything.

Put in a good stint and probably got his move spot on. The rigours of the prem had clearly caught up with him.

Legend!
1 year in China on £a lot a week and then go fishing for as long as he wants. #goodplan