By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Name a better Right Back in WORLD football than Kyle Walker right now

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
And don't say Dani f**king Alves!

I don't know, there can't be many. I could throw out the typical names, but honestly, if I watch anyone and base it on current form, right now, Kyle Walker is tearing shit up!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Ermmm.....

Who plays right back for Brazil at the moment? Philip Lahm maybe but he's too old now...

Give up, Walker has upped his game this season and playing the best football of his career.... There's certainly not many better at present.....

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Enter right stage........ Real Fucking Madrid...!!!

boo

boo

Founding Member
found this after a quick google...

1. Pablo Zabaleta – Manchester City
2. Branislav Ivanovic – Chelsea
3. Dani Carvajal – Real Madrid
4. Danilo – Porto
5. Juanfran – Atletico Madrid
6. Stephan Lichsteiner – Juventus
7. Dani Alves – Barcelona
8. Lukas Piszczek – Dortmund
9. Nathaniel Clyne – Southampton
10. Sebastien Jung – Wolfsburg

dated March 25, 2015

[brown]

also, this, made for the preview of the Euros in France..

1. Juanfran, Spain
2. Stephan Lichtsteiner, Switzerland
3. Daniel Carvajal, Spain
4. Kyle Walker, England
5. Lukasz Piszczek, Poland
6. Nathaniel Clyne, England
7. Seamus Coleman, Republic of Ireland
8. Bacary Sagna, France
9. Matteo Darmian, Italy
10. Darijo Srna, Croatia

dated May 30, 2016

[brown]

It's good to see him going from nowhere in the first list, to fourth in the second list. He must be doing something right (either that, or the lads on the first site are muppets!)

Still, the season before last he didn't exactly paint himself in glory memory serves. He is certainly making up for that more recently.

You have to factor in the transfer of Trippier if you ask me. As with Danny Rose (best left back?),we saw a massive improvement in his game also, when the transfer of Davies was made a few years ago.

Best Centre Back in Alderweireld? Best forward in Kane (he did win the golden boot after all which would suggest he is in England anyway) Best youngster in Dele Alli? Best manager? Best fans? Best forum? wow! this list can grow and grow...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Oh how they laughed elsewhere when end of last season I dared suggest "walker best right back in the world"..completly agree with the OP,now he has lessened the brain farts,he has matured into a fullback pretty much every team would covet.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
found this after a quick google...

1. Pablo Zabaleta – Manchester City
2. Branislav Ivanovic – Chelsea
3. Dani Carvajal – Real Madrid
4. Danilo – Porto
5. Juanfran – Atletico Madrid
6. Stephan Lichsteiner – Juventus
7. Dani Alves – Barcelona
8. Lukas Piszczek – Dortmund
9. Nathaniel Clyne – Southampton
10. Sebastien Jung – Wolfsburg

dated March 25, 2015

[brown]

also, this, made for the preview of the Euros in France..

1. Juanfran, Spain
2. Stephan Lichtsteiner, Switzerland
3. Daniel Carvajal, Spain
4. Kyle Walker, England
5. Lukasz Piszczek, Poland
6. Nathaniel Clyne, England
7. Seamus Coleman, Republic of Ireland
8. Bacary Sagna, France
9. Matteo Darmian, Italy
10. Darijo Srna, Croatia

dated May 30, 2016

[brown]

It's good to see him going from nowhere in the first list, to fourth in the second list. He must be doing something right (either that, or the lads on the first site are muppets!)

Still, the season before last he didn't exactly paint himself in glory memory serves. He is certainly making up for that more recently.

You have to factor in the transfer of Trippier if you ask me. As with Danny Rose (best left back?),we saw a massive improvement in his game also, when the transfer of Davies was made a few years ago.

Best Centre Back in Alderweireld? Best forward in Kane (he did win the golden boot after all which would suggest he is in England anyway) Best youngster in Dele Alli? Best manager? Best fans? Best forum? wow! this list can grow and grow...
I dont know enough about the others, but if it's based on club form rather than International duty than I'm not sure there's anyone on those lists that I'd prefer.....at International level Walker isn't surrounded by the same talent or plays the same way as he does at club level. He's at least top 3 for me...

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
For our team, Juanfran is about the only one I would even consider swapping but both he and Alves are quite a bit older, so I probably wouldn't even if we could.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
There are only a couple of tweaks needed....quality of the final pass and erase the one a game mind fuck. I'd say there little to choose between our RB's...slightly different qualities. If Walker is on form he probably edges it for me.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Kind of depends on the opposition IMO. If its a game where there's space to play, Walker's pace can be devastating. On other hand, if it's a game where the opposition is sitting back, Trippier's crossing makes him more effective

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Defensively... or offensively...

He is superb alround, but there are probably better defenders. Take his pace away and he is bang average.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
If there is one thing with Walker that,pisses me off is despite being faster than most players , yet he rarely takes them on.
Trippier puts in an awesome cross......perhaps if he's on the,pitch he should be taking the corners

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
If there is one thing with Walker that,pisses me off is despite being faster than most players , yet he rarely takes them on.
Trippier puts in an awesome cross......perhaps if he's on the,pitch he should be taking the corners
He (walker) reminds me of mousa in a way,gets into good positions to shoot,cross or play a killer pass but often turns back and plays it safe,trippier just gets the ball across into dangerous areas most times he is upfield.But I do highly rate walker,just he has all the gifts like dembele and isnt wasting them but could maybe be more adventurous??

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'd like to see an analysis of their contributions at the same point in their spurs careers...

I'd wager Trips would give more assists...