By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

New Ownership?

• Thread starter Style And Glory
  • Start date
Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Interesting story but doesn't mean it will happen.
Could potentially open the doors to financially compete with the 'Big Boys' & create some exciting purchases.
But I like this organic style we have pioneered & fostered. Many others have taken note & now mimic it.

Report: Mark Zuckerberg-linked investment firm considering Tottenham takeover bid

Could Tottenham Hotspur really be under new ownership in the near future?

According to a report from the Sunday Times, an American investment firm is considering mounting a takeover bid for Tottenham Hotspur, with Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg the most familiar and potentially exciting name involved in the plan.

Tottenham are currently owned by majority shareholder Joe Lewis, with chairman Daniel Levy running a tight ship from the boardroom, and despite the latest claims there seems to be no desire from the men involved to cash in on a Spurs side that appears to be heading in only one direction.

tottenham_hotspur_owner_joe_lewis_l_and_chairman_daniel_levy_in__170733.jpg

The Sunday Times claims Iconiq Capital manages the finances of a number of Silicon Valley billionaires, including Zuckberg, and that they have had discussions with buyout firms about the possibility of mounting a one billion pound bid for the North London club.

While that is potentially exciting news for Tottenham fans who have seen some of their Premier League rivals given huge amounts of money to fund transfers and inflated wage packets, Spurs are not exactly floundering in their wake, building a hugely exciting squad of canny additions and youth products.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino is currently looking to invest in his side again this summer, as he bids to build on last season's second-placed Premier League finish.

There is a lot of work to be done in that regard, but despite the latest report do not expect Lewis to be cashing in and handing the reins to an American consortium, no matter what they offer.

tottenham_manager_mauricio_pochettino_483869.jpg

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Sorry, just noticed that a similar story was posted in the Tottenham Small Talk thread. Feel free to delete or move.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Sorry, just noticed that a similar story was posted in the Tottenham Small Talk thread. Feel free to delete or move.
I only posted it there cos at the moment it is just small talk,but definatly worthy of debate,though ATM I cant see enic selling unless its for yuge profit,sure they will want to see the stadium through 1st?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I only posted it there cos at the moment it is just small talk,but definatly worthy of debate,though ATM I cant see enic selling unless its for yuge profit,sure they will want to see the stadium through 1st?
I read they ultimately want about £2bn...

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
To be honest I like the direction we are currently taking and don't particularly care about being taken over with mega money. Listening to the likes of man city supports now days and how they get on about signings etc just isn't my cup or tea. We've created something magical without splashing millions per transfer window and I like that!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
To be honest I like the direction we are currently taking and don't particularly care about being taken over with mega money. Listening to the likes of man city supports now days and how they get on about signings etc just isn't my cup or tea. We've created something magical without splashing millions per transfer window and I like that!
even Levy came out and said they are merely custodians (around the lane finale time) which is right,i follow the club unconditionally,the novelty would wear off pretty quick if we turned into city/chelsea fiancially bailed out monsters.I met a chav fan 2 weeks ago,stopped going and more or less following since the abrahamovic money turned him off it all,as he said "its not football really anymore).We would just become spoilt,we are a bit already,why dont we buy him or him,its all become a bit too expected.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
even Levy came out and said they are merely custodians (around the lane finale time) which is right,i follow the club unconditionally,the novelty would wear off pretty quick if we turned into city/chelsea fiancially bailed out monsters.I met a chav fan 2 weeks ago,stopped going and more or less following since the abrahamovic money turned him off it all,as he said "its not football really anymore).We would just become spoilt,we are a bit already,why dont we buy him or him,its all become a bit too expected.
I know what you mean, and those of our persuasion and generation would still likely much prefer standing on the shelf and winning the FA Cup when it meant something. But times change and at least, for now, we are still on the right side of the footballing spectrum for me. I think Pochettino is in our camp as well, Levy would be but he knows we have to progress and he's right. It's a huge global business now but I still think Levy is delivering at a more grass roots level and doing it well.