By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

New Spurs stadium

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
after,
also a quote from a supplier of the retractable pitch seems like thats not going in for the opening?could just be the wording of their statement,its Levy`s pride&joy so dunno.I will see if I can find a building schedule of the project.
I thought the retractable pitch was the football one?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I thought the retractable pitch was the football one?
yeah its put all the construction geeks on skyscrapercity into a frenzy!if i have time I`ll dig it out.To me its like transfer talk,anything speculation I generally just dont pay much attention to it,so i didnt look into it thoroughly.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
DEHs1Z8UMAA-af2.jpg

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Fucking hell according to the plan they're building it the wrong way round!! :D

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Re the talk of retractable pitch being ready for season#1.
This is from the designers and I have highlighted the pertinent part from their gumpf.

http://static.burohappold.com/media/2016/07/Northumberland-Development-Project.pdf
So instead, we proposed a pioneering
solution by which the pitch will split into
three sections before retracting below the
stand.

We’ve designed the front three rows of
the South stand to be removable so that
the pitch has room to descend beneath
them. The edges of the pitch itself will
then drop vertically downwards to create
space around its perimeter, allowing
the two outer sections to slide laterally
outward and effectively dividing the
pitch into three sections. These then slide
longitudinally into slots beneath the stand,
fitting around the required permanent
support structures.

As well as creating a bespoke engineering
solution for this unique pitch,
BuroHappold liaised closely with the club
and wider design team to phase work on
the stadium to minimise impact on the
fans as much as possible. Our design for
the sliding pitch will aid this no end, as it
will allow for the main 17,000 seat stand –
the largest of its kind in the UK – to remain

in operation throughout the duration of
the work. This means that fans will be able
to continue to attend matches, and the
club won’t lose revenue.

Just copying what I have read.;) maybe i am not reading it right??

The pdf is dated july 2016,maybe this is an old outdated comment?

Last edited:
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...ort-technology-vision-for-new-stadium-110717/
Hewlett Packard Enterprise to support technology vision for new stadium
Posted on 11 July 2017 - 11:55

The Club has selected Hewlett Packard Enterprise (NYSE: HPE) as its official IT Networking and Wireless Infrastructure Partner for our new, world-class stadium. Set to open in 2018, it will be one of the most technologically advanced stadia ever built, delivering an enhanced event day experience for all visitors.
hpe_logo_official%20lockup_730.jpg

The new state-of-the-art venue will be the largest football club stadium in London, with a capacity of 61,559 and will also host other major sport and entertainment events such as NFL games and concerts. Since planning for the new stadium began, the Club has been committed to driving innovation and using modern technology to enhance the in-venue experience for every visitor. As a result, the stadium’s IT infrastructure is being incorporated from the ground up, enabling connectivity across the entire venue for visitors and flexibility to cater for future demands.

The Club is installing Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, networking solutions, with support from HPE’s Pointnext services organisation, to meet its current and future technology demands.

Sanjeev Katwa, our Head of Technology, said: “Creating a technology infrastructure to support an enhanced visitor experience requires solutions that can meet the growing demands of visitors that come to our new stadium. We believe Hewlett Packard Enterprise can support us on the journey in building one of the most technologically advanced stadiums in the world.”

Marc Waters, MD, U.K. and Ireland, HPE said: “Tottenham Hotspur realise that being digital from the ground up is imperative to transform its fan experience. We are thrilled to support Tottenham Hotspur in this journey, using our intelligent edge solutions and Pointnext expertise to help build the foundation for a truly digital stadium. Our partnership with the Club will help enable future innovation and the ability to provide an enriched, unique environment for stadium visitors.”

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
I wonder if at any point during the process someone thought "wouldn't it be a good idea to finish these 2 projects simultaneously"

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Seems silly to try and finish both at the same time, they have timescale on their side for one of the projects and the other is incredibly rigid. I can imagine that there are sizeable bonuses for finishing this thing on time, judging by the speed at which these blokes are putting it up.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Some inside pics leaking out.
ICYMI the contractor Mace has replaced all workers phones to non camera ones on site,but some still slip through!!

DFF5TMHW0AIcVk1.jpg

DFF5TMKXcAA6a3n.jpg

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Why ?? Is Ross Barkely hiding in there ?
serious answer is it is common practise on some sites,guess it avoids evidence of balls ups,its why you cant take cameras into PL games,you may inadvertently film sissoko on the pitch,& theres no need for that.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Seemed to be a easier than the north stand
Mostly because one upright was bedded in the new east stand,so had to be a gentle job,not just bang and down on you,thats southerners for you!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So it begins!!

The south stand,first steelwork in!!
xmzDCHU.png

t5m2xKZ_d.jpg

Anyone notice the new tower crane appear for the steelwork in the south stand !!