By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

New Spurs stadium

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I know most aren't gonna be fussed about this but I've said for years the amount of plastic wasted at football stadiums is ludicrous so quite chuffed that we'll be taking big steps to reduce plastic waste at the new gaff. Hopefully it work with great success and others follow suit.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...ic-reduction-measures-for-new-stadium-170418/

Edit:

Here's the article copied and pasted for those that can't be fucked to click the link.

CLUB ANNOUNCES SINGLE-USE PLASTIC REDUCTION MEASURES FOR NEW STADIUM

• Club committed to phasing out single-use plastics across all Club operations.
• From opening day, our new stadium will eliminate use of plastic straws, stirrers, cutlery and all plastic disposable packaging that accompanies these items.
• All new supplier contracts will include requirement to reduce single-use plastics.
• One Hotspur membership packs to include see-through Bag for Life that will be encouraged to be used on matchdays.

As we plan for the opening of our new stadium, we have been exploring ways to ensure that products we use do not end their life with us as part of our commitment to reducing our single-use plastic footprint across Club operations.

We have sought to source more environmentally sustainable alternatives to single-use plastic and will continue to do so as part of our commitment to phasing out single-use plastics from our operations. Any new contracts which come up for tender will also include a requirement to cut single-use plastics.

As such, we shall not be stocking plastic straws, stirrers or cutlery from day one at our new stadium across all concourse areas, nor will they be wrapped in any plastic disposable packaging. In addition, no single-use plastics will be used to serve food inside our premium areas.

All our One Hotspur members will receive a Bag for Life as part of their membership packs for the 2018-19 season. The see-through Bags for Life meet our stadium security and safety requirements, meaning fans can bring their bag along on matchdays to carry all of their belongings and in-store purchases.

Those stadium visitors that are not part of our membership scheme will be able to purchase a multi-use, reusable drawstring bag from one of our retails outlets at a cost of £1.

We shall also be phasing out standard 5p carrier bags and replacing them with biodegradable alternatives, including a new see-through option for security purposes that will help to reduce queue times when entering the stadium.

Profits from the sales of any of these bags will continue to be donated to the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation.

Chairman Daniel Levy said: “As a Club we have always taken our responsibility to care for our environment seriously. We have demonstrated this with the environmentally sensitive development of our Training Centre, where we have preserved historic hedgerows and planted for the future and which will see us adding an Environmental Centre and Nature Reserve there too. Another first by the Club.

“So I am delighted that we shall now be bringing our values to the new stadium to both play our part in the reduction of single-use plastics and raise awareness of the importance of doing so.”

Each year 400 million tonnes of plastic is produced worldwide and 40 per cent of it is single-use, meaning it is used only once before being thrown away.

More than eight million tonnes of plastic enters the world's seas each year, most of it coming from land, and it can take hundreds of years for it to break down, posing significant threat to wildlife and the environment.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
From SSC;

Exciting night on LS5... Installing the eaves right in front of the camera

If you're lacking excitement in your life you know where to go now.....ha ha ha

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I saw it for the first time last night in the flesh,it's fucking huge and dominates the whole area. Amazing stadium even unfinished and in the dark.

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
I drive past it on the North Circular, it is VERY imposing.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
For the anally retentive, civil engineers, geeks and those like me who are looking for positives and have become addicted to the Stadium build, it's a hive of industry right now. Giant LED screens being installed, roof cassettes, blokes and cranes all over the place. It's all going on.

Sneeky

Sneeky

Player in Training.
Did levy say sit down ?

27801437628_7ed9e81d6c_c.jpg

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
That is fucking mental isn't it, hope Levy actually pays them.

Don't YOU love it Don?!
Will we ever see you up there?

BTW, I don't think he's paying them. More like has them walking the plank.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Did levy say sit down ?

View attachment 546
there's 6 of them up there this morning, must be prepping for the transparent panels. I've developed some form of vertigo over the past 5 years, it's horrendous and I'd have been physically sick in the lift getting to the roof let alone doing what these and those crane blokes do. I'm in the Upper tier at Wembley and go up in the lift, the last escalators are horrible.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
there's 6 of them up there this morning, must be prepping for the transparent panels. I've developed some form of vertigo over the past 5 years, it's horrendous and I'd have been physically sick in the lift getting to the roof let alone doing what these and those crane blokes do. I'm in the Upper tier at Wembley and go up in the lift, the last escalators are horrible.

It's not the height for me it's the part of my brain that says 'you're going to die, just one tiny slip and you're a goner' *tiniest breath of wind* AHHHH WHAT WAS THAT (prompting massive wobble which of course wobbles the ladder or whatever I'm on which in turn causes another...) AHHHHHH, then the voice 'see, I told yer', prompting mega shakes and down off the ladder, a few big lung full of safe, fresh air, 'Fuck that for a game of soldiers' and I go inside.

Even worse, my son has exactly the same thing! I tried to get him into the loft the other day to help me, no way was he going up there!

Slightly off Spurs topic!

Edit: I should have said I'm about 3 rungs up!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
It's not the height for me it's the part of my brain that says 'you're going to die, just one tiny slip and you're a goner' *tiniest breath of wind* AHHHH WHAT WAS THAT (prompting massive wobble which of course wobbles the ladder or whatever I'm on which in turn causes another...) AHHHHHH, then the voice 'see, I told yer', prompting mega shakes and down off the ladder, a few big lung full of safe, fresh air, 'Fuck that for a game of soldiers' and I go inside.

Even worse, my son has exactly the same thing! I tried to get him into the loft the other day to help me, no way was he going up there!

Slightly off Spurs topic!

Edit: I should have said I'm about 3 rungs up!
You know about the escalators getting up to my seat, I have to look at the persons feet in front of me.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
You know about the escalators getting up to my seat, I have to look at the persons feet in front of me.
Yeh I used to have major escalator issues but have been able to force myself through it, the worst was the type in shopping centres that would go from the top level to floor with a wonderful vista of the centre in front of you! I used to stop at the point where you put your first foot on and freeze waiting for a 'good' time, fucking dangerous hen there are people behind you!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Excuse me while I laugh at those who dont get past 6secs in the video :p:p

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
From ssc

I counted up seats left after the sales deadline and before the site was taken down. If anyone knows how many seats there were in total in each of the blocks that were available for general admission purchase (I've definitely seen an image somewhere with the totals),then you'll have your exact number.

Blocks | Seats left |Of which 1882
Total3359441

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Didnt come out well but 3359 seats left apparently out of 62k and away allocation

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Didnt come out well but 3359 seats left apparently out of 62k and away allocation
I don't think that's right mate. Haven't got the figures handy but was under the impression that Capacity is 62k STH's is 42k hospitality and away support c. 12k leaving about 8k for general sale? Could be wrong.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
I don't think that's right mate. Haven't got the figures handy but was under the impression that Capacity is 62k STH's is 42k hospitality and away support c. 12k leaving about 8k for general sale? Could be wrong.

Yeh I read the original post and made it sound like 33k of the 42k ST allocation