By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

New Spurs stadium

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
You know those ‘flaps’ on the external cladding, the ones that look like they’re open. Was that a design feature or does it have a useful purpose? I wonder whether it helps the grass grow or something, but might be noisy when the wind blows

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
You know those ‘flaps’ on the external cladding, the ones that look like they’re open. Was that a design feature or does it have a useful purpose? I wonder whether it helps the grass grow or something, but might be noisy when the wind blows
Do you mean on the "veil"?.As well as being asthetically pleasing to some,no doubt they serve some purpose,allowing light in,some have plant equipment behind and allow ventilation,,the fact there is concourse behind them all means as far as the pitch they serve no purpose.As for being noisy,perhaps at the emirates where the wind whistling could annoy the sleeping masses.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ma...um-update-installation-of-the-outer-wrapping/

The final wrap of our new stadium has now started to be installed.
Known as the ‘veil’, the wrap is made up of 4,801 perforated metal panels, fitted to modular frames which are affixed to the rear of the stands.
The veil will enclose the building, wrapping around the whole stadium to create a dynamic, flowing exterior.
Manufactured in Germany, certain panels will illuminate, creating a stunning visual effect that will bring the stadium to life.
The first of the panels, which take 45 minutes each to assemble, are now being installed at the rear of the North Stand, facing Lilywhite House.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ma...um-update-installation-of-the-outer-wrapping/

The final wrap of our new stadium has now started to be installed.
Known as the ‘veil’, the wrap is made up of 4,801 perforated metal panels, fitted to modular frames which are affixed to the rear of the stands.
The veil will enclose the building, wrapping around the whole stadium to create a dynamic, flowing exterior.
Manufactured in Germany, certain panels will illuminate, creating a stunning visual effect that will bring the stadium to life.
The first of the panels, which take 45 minutes each to assemble, are now being installed at the rear of the North Stand, facing Lilywhite House.
Yeah I just wondered what the ‘open’ panels were about? Sounds like design and asthetics mostly. I like them even if they serve no practical purpose

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
"No - they look like they're hinged in places but the apertures at the points where the veil panels are set at an angle have been permanently positioned to encourage specific air flows behind the veil. These flows are calculated based on heat exchange patterns, which in turn are dictated by the presence of plant, occupied areas, and thermally "dead" areas, which are all pretty much permanent bits of the overall design. So there's no need for the expense and trouble of making these apertures adjustable at all. If there is a major change in the use and design of a segment behind the veil in the future then that part of the veil would need to be dismantled anyway so can always be easily reconfigured when it's put back up. We've already seen an adjustment on the west veil near the top, where it appears that heat may have been collecting at a higher rate than the projections anticipated, as it's directly over exhaust from plant beneath. It's hard to see from the image resolutions available, but it looked like they replaced two or three panels with ones that had larger perforations, and in fact they tackled the area twice. "

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I wonder how many midfielders we could have bought if we had foregone the elaborate veil paneling for oh, say, and exterior wall? #leveyed

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
any new updates for our first game?
Nothing yet,not even rumours or leaks,most unusual.They normally keep them (updates) away from matchdays,tomorrow being transfer deadline day,perhaps friday??Its 4 weeks until NLD this weekend,with it being high security,I`d be sure police and transport for london (TFL) would like to know soon as.I would say almost certainly the NLD wont be the 1st game,and palace 2 weeks after could be subject to change because of the cup.If i was a gambling man (I`m not) i´d say an update moving NLD to wembley and then another hold off for 2-3 weeks.Which gives time for CL 1st leg and assess if progress likely? and fa cup sorted (unless palace draw) (16th feb).

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Nothing yet,not even rumours or leaks,most unusual.They normally keep them (updates) away from matchdays,tomorrow being transfer deadline day,perhaps friday??Its 4 weeks until NLD this weekend,with it being high security,I`d be sure police and transport for london (TFL) would like to know soon as.I would say almost certainly the NLD wont be the 1st game,and palace 2 weeks after could be subject to change because of the cup.If i was a gambling man (I`m not) i´d say an update moving NLD to wembley and then another hold off for 2-3 weeks.Which gives time for CL 1st leg and assess if progress likely? and fa cup sorted (unless palace draw) (16th feb).

I am firmly (yet begrudgingly) in the camp that we wont see a game there until next season.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I am firmly (yet begrudgingly) in the camp that we wont see a game there until next season.
I make you right,I would think perhaps it would be more likely if we stay in the CL until qtrs ,For 4 or 5 league games I think there will be a bit of a stink kicked up by the PL clubs if that happened.I wish they would just get it over and done and say next season TBH.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
VKK5-3Vo.jpg

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Tottenham confirm Arsenal game will be played at Wembley

The club said in a statement: "We can today report that remedial works on the safety systems in the new stadium are near completion and we shall then move forward to the final stages of testing the fire detection and alarm system and its integration with the other safety systems.

"The success of this testing is critical to our ability to obtain a safety certificate and open the stadium.

"We can confirm, therefore, that we shall play our Premier League match against Arsenal on Saturday 2 March at 12.30pm at Wembley Stadium."

Chairman Daniel Levy added: "Once again, thank you all for bearing with us and for the great support we have received from so many different quarters. These next few weeks are pivotal."

The club indicate they will "provide a further update in due course" and that ticketing and refund details for the Arsenal fixture will follow shortly.

The match against Arsenal will not be capped at Wembley and can hold the full 90,000 fans.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
5 home matches left,I know in % thats almost 25% of home league matches,if its not Palace then seems a bit daft to string this out further.I mean everyone has pretty much expected after we didnt get in for the early december games that it would be next season.This update lowers expectations by making it sound difficult, "pivotal,critical" ,its almost the same as the last update with remedial work carrying on and then safety certificate,no forward planning of test event timelines as a guide.

Just fucking tell us danny boy we are all thinking it,its like a shit relationship where you`re almost hoping the other dumps you before you have to do it.

ICYMI games left would be Palace,brighton,huddersfield,west ham,everton.Oh and CL if we progress.

And then my heart says to my brain,surely if they havent binned Palace to wembley yet.....................

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I think Levy would play the last game of the season at the new stadium just to save on the Wembley rent and score the extra cash from the stadium. I don't actually see how it could hurt, except our feelings.:(

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I think Levy would play the last game of the season at the new stadium just to save on the Wembley rent and score the extra cash from the stadium. I don't actually see how it could hurt, except our feelings.:(
I am honestly amazed the league have been so lenient with us (especially with the FA owning wembley and lapping up the income),when i say the league I also include other clubs chairmen.

the perfect scenario is last game of the season,us needing to win for the title and deny Liverpoll,1st game back home,and mid-table everton rock up and lay down to get their tummy tickled,10-0 spurs and we win it on goal difference!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I am honestly amazed the league have been so lenient with us (especially with the FA owning wembley and lapping up the income),when i say the league I also include other clubs chairmen.

the perfect scenario is last game of the season,us needing to win for the title and deny Liverpoll,1st game back home,and mid-table everton rock up and lay down to get their tummy tickled,10-0 spurs and we win it on goal difference!!
There you go

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...e-next-season-if-delays-drag-on-a4061406.html

7,18,31,34,39 41 if you want the lottery numbers.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
So basically it is now to our advantage that the Place match gets pushed back? So long as we play five we are golden. What could go wrong?

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
So basically it is now to our advantage that the Place match gets pushed back? So long as we play five we are golden. What could go wrong?

Is that the golden number for minimum games that we can play before the FA telling us to fck off back to Wembley for the rest of the year?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Is that the golden number for minimum games that we can play before the FA telling us to fck off back to Wembley for the rest of the year?
so says the evening standard,all hear say ATM

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.

I know the delay is a faff but this is just a thing of beauty

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Someone is getting fired!!

jGtBwYN.jpg
To be honest, the signage we saw at the fan familiarisation event, which looked exactly like the pic here, was cheap and nasty on PVC blue boards. It’s very embarassing but easily changed