By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Newcastle’s new ownership

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Wonder how this will impact the EPL and the race for ECL. Will this push other teams, especially us, out of the top 4

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Some would say top 4 for us is where we'd like to be, and not where we are, even as things stand...but it's a fair point.
It's sad to see Newcastle selling their soul like this, but that's modern day football ownership for you and Ashley couldn't care less who you are, only what you have to offer.
The fans would be happy that the long wait for a major trophy may be ending soon and in fairness, who could blame them ?
If we had an owner who's first name was "Sheikh", promising to pump hundreds of millions into the club and win trophies, it would be hard to resist too.
I'm a bit jealous if I'm honest, but good luck to them.

Think Steve Bruce needs to update his cv though.....maybe Poch's way back to the PL ?. I'd love that for him.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
I agree, if you want consistent successful, you need these investments. Yes, you can ‘do’ a Leicester and maybe win a small trophy but it’s clear and obvious you need to sell your soul to achieve it.

I am always on the fence, I don’t like it but believe I would soon forgot after winning the PL for the 10th time in a row

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
The FA should hang its collective heads in shame. I’d rather be in League Two than let such blatant pandering to a murderous oppressive regime sully our club’s name.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Mike Ashley who was named as one of the worst owners in the country left Newcastle today with a higher net spend then... guess who?

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
The FA should hang its collective heads in shame. I’d rather be in League Two than let such blatant pandering to a murderous oppressive regime sully our club’s name.

Imagine being so upset that your club renamed Shearer’s Bar, that the persecution of women and gay people, public executions and beheading journalists as well as war crimes in Yemen is a welcomed alternive to a regime that sold cheap trainers and joggers.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Thing is, Joe Lewis overvalues us so much that it would take Saudi money to actually convince him to sell. Wasn't it £3.5bn at last count ?

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
It's the most blatant, and the most disgusting, of the sportwashing partnerships we've seen in football so far, and that's saying something. But it was always bound to happen, they've got their blood-stained fingers in lots of other sports. Like so many other things these days, it's just depressing.

That said, as for how it affects the league, if any club can figure out how to fuck it up, it's Newcastle.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
We should offer them Kane in January for half a billion 😂

can you imagine if they got relegated

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Sign me up... fuck FFP and any of the negatives... give me astonishing, entertaining murderous, blood money driven football....

Anything would be better that the shit show were currently subscribed to.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Fuck that. Allowing these fuck awful human rights abusers to operate freely in so-called civilized countries is taking the piss. All that bollocks about Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan etc. being awful, nasty regimes while bending over to take an arse fucking from the fucking Saudis makes me want to vomit. My almost lifelong support of THFC would end the day that happened. Fuck the fucking Toon, fuck CIty, fuck any fucking cunt of a club that takes money from murderers - and while I'm having a rant fuck the fucking Qatar World Cup as well.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Mike Ashley who was named as one of the worst owners in the country left Newcastle today with a higher net spend then... guess who?
Doesn’t really mean anything though mate. If anything it shows how shit their recruitments been, buying bang average players at inflated prices and getting very little in return for them when selling them on. Not to mention we’ve just built a sparkly new stadium.

Wtf am I doing defending ENIC, fuck it, impressive ambition shown by Ashley, fuck ENIC!!

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Levy is supposedly "leading the efforts" against the takeover and attempting to block sponsorship deals amongst other things in the name of "protecting the Premiership".

The very same deranged pipsqueak who signed a deal to leave the Premier League and join a breakaway Super League not that long ago.

But there's an interesting twist to the tale - if true.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
How bothered are we? All football clubs will go down this route sooner or later......Levy the cunt is just pissed off that the Qatari's haven't turned up yet and offered ENIC £2.5billion and Non Exec director role for him. It will happen at some point.

Newcastle are the new Man City, they'll buy some trophies over the next 3-4 years no doubt. So will we one day, when someone decides we can afford it.

Football is a money corrupt disgrace.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Very high profile way of laundering money though isn't it...

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Football authorities, here, there and everywhere else don't give a fuck, as long as the money drips into some high ranking official's pockets.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Football authorities, here, there and everywhere else don't give a fuck, as long as the money drips into some high ranking official's pockets.
The game is becoming a farce.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
It's the perverted Robin Hood principle that I hate most. Instead of venerating those who rob from the rich and gove to the poor (e.g. the Kelly gang, the Westher Underground, the. Lack Panthers, the Diggers, etc.),we're bowing down before the munificence of the ubermensch who sprinkle crumbs under the table we built from boards we hewed from trees we felled from forests we tended.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
"Lack Panthers" might be a slur. "Westher Underground" sounds like a GOT spinoff.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
"Lack Panthers" might be a slur. "Westher Underground" sounds like a GOT spinoff.
It's one of those internet click bait rabit hole articles where you have to click through 75 pages of adds, about an abandoned underground station...

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I don't think it is mate. It's more a more of sanitising the perception of their disgusting, barbaric regime. Don't believe the bullshit about the Saudi state not being the owners, that disgusting, evil, creature Amanda Staveley is making money from the evil cunts who are the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund, a nice name for the Saudi state slush fund.

This shit goes way past the evil Chelsea, City and Qatar World Cup bollocks. have a read up on Yemen, state crucifixions, beheadings and torture - punishments applied for things like protesting, changing religion, being gay. These cunts are like the fucking Taliban in nice robes with loads of money, the money is why the west allow them to carry on murdering, torturing, oppressing, attempting genocide and buying football clubs.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
I don't think it is mate. It's more a more of sanitising the perception of their disgusting, barbaric regime. Don't believe the bullshit about the Saudi state not being the owners, that disgusting, evil, creature Amanda Staveley is making money from the evil cunts who are the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund, a nice name for the Saudi state slush fund.

This shit goes way past the evil Chelsea, City and Qatar World Cup bollocks. have a read up on Yemen, state crucifixions, beheadings and torture - punishments applied for things like protesting, changing religion, being gay. These cunts are like the fucking Taliban in nice robes with loads of money, the money is why the west allow them to carry on murdering, torturing, oppressing, attempting genocide and buying football clubs.
The only way to stop these cunts from taking over football clubs is simple.....the fans have to stand up and say "NO" and boycott them. But that won't happen will it, and why ? Because in today's world of football, money is far more important than ethics, morals or dignity. The game we love is being sold off piece by piece to these fuckers who treat clubs as play things...the same way they treat women and children.
My dream is that this kind of takeover will stop. Salary caps for players will be £100,000 a year and betting companies will be banned from club sponsorships....and yes, I've obviously gone completely mental but fuck it, it's my dream. It may not be realistic, but I still hope.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member

Nah mate, you've got it all wrong...

Remember the robust rules the Premier league put in place to ensure fair and proper ownership of football clubs... "Owners Charter" I think it was...

That'll surely stop any nefarious, corrupt or unscrupulous individual, business or nation state ploughing hundreds of millions of quid into the Prems glorious product as a glorified PR tactic...

The Prem would shudder to be taking a slice of those hundreds of millions if they thought for one second this money was through I'll gotten means... Surely

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The only way to stop these cunts from taking over football clubs is simple.....the fans have to stand up and say "NO" and boycott them. But that won't happen will it, and why ? Because in today's world of football, money is far more important than ethics, morals or dignity. The game we love is being sold off piece by piece to these fuckers who treat clubs as play things...the same way they treat women and children.
My dream is that this kind of takeover will stop. Salary caps for players will be £100,000 a year and betting companies will be banned from club sponsorships....and yes, I've obviously gone completely mental but fuck it, it's my dream. It may not be realistic, but I still hope.
You're right of course. I don't even blame the City and Newcastle fans for supporting this shit show, it's all the paying punters all over the World who by paying money to watch football at the grounds or on TV are supporting these cunts. I am one of them. The UK government will never do anything that threatens their big money bosses and the FA will likewise do fuck all for similar reasons.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
The one thing we can hope for is that they get relegated. Then (just maybe) their sportwashing attempts become a humiliation, as they can't attract players because they're out of the top flight.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
The one thing we can hope for is that they get relegated. Then (just maybe) their sportwashing attempts become a humiliation, as they can't attract players because they're out of the top flight.
Now THAT would be funny!

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
They may be after Fonseca, that would be interesting to see