By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Newcastle (H) PL Sat 2nd Feb 2019

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
SpursNewcastle.jpg

Eeeek! Internet agg big time in Spaniel-land, let's try anyway:

Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United
159 Meetings

Tottenham Hotspur have played Newcastle United 159 times in all competitions.

First Match

Their first match was in the FA Cup on Saturday, 18 February 1905. Newcastle United were playing at home that day and the final score was Tottenham Hotspur 1 Newcastle United 1 .

Last Match

The latest meeting between these two teams was a Premier League game on Saturday, 11 August 2018, the score was Newcastle United 1 Tottenham Hotspur 2.

Highest Goals in Game - 9

League Division One, Saturday, 1 September 1951, Newcastle United 7 Tottenham Hotspur 2

All Competitions
In all the 159 matches Tottenham Hotspur have played against Newcastle United they have won 69 lost 58 and drawn 32 matches

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
View attachment 793
Eeeek! Internet agg big time in Spaniel-land, let's try anyway:

Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United
159 Meetings

Tottenham Hotspur have played Newcastle United 159 times in all competitions.

First Match

Their first match was in the FA Cup on Saturday, 18 February 1905. Newcastle United were playing at home that day and the final score was Tottenham Hotspur 1 Newcastle United 1 .

Last Match

The latest meeting between these two teams was a Premier League game on Saturday, 11 August 2018, the score was Newcastle United 1 Tottenham Hotspur 2.

Highest Goals in Game - 9

League Division One, Saturday, 1 September 1951, Newcastle United 7 Tottenham Hotspur 2

All Competitions
In all the 159 matches Tottenham Hotspur have played against Newcastle United they have won 69 lost 58 and drawn 32 matches
Grassy arse mate,Don will be happy now.......

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
No Davies,Kane,Dele or Janssen.Cant be arsed to search through twatter to find the official spiel from the club.It did say (poch) Davies is probably out longer than dele,which is the 1st news on his injury length I have seen. And Poch got proper moody at a journo who asked if he was happy not signing anyone,basically saying if you want to twist what I say go ahead its what you have done with transfers,and him being happy to go out of both cups.Which was nice to hear a firm rebuttal on not caring about winning either domestic cup.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Hopefully Almiron won't play in this one. For those of you who haven't seen him, he's better than you think. Might want 3 CBs for this one 'cause I think a clean sheet will be key. Predicting a testy 2-0 victory.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Bien trabajo senor! We face the bar codes in a bit of form, well they beat City last time out, having lost to Watford reserves in the FA Cup the time before that, so who knows eh?

I do. We’ll win, because we’re better, and they played their big game on Tuesday night so they’re only coming down to ‘the smoke’ for a night out. Rondo is their big threat and Ritchie in midfield. But we have Sonny and Eriksen if he gets his finger out, plus Rose and hopefully KWP on the wings.....young Kyle always plays against Newcastle doesn’t he? If Sonny and Christian don’t score then Lucas, Lamela and Llorente will, he’s a goal scoring machine now, no stopping the man.

Easy win 3 or 4 - 1 to Spurs. They’ll score from a corner or a cross, we’re shit at defending those.

Ps it’s a 12.30 Kick off so get up otherwise you might miss it.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
No Davies,Kane,Dele or Janssen.Cant be arsed to search through twatter to find the official spiel from the club.It did say (poch) Davies is probably out longer than dele,which is the 1st news on his injury length I have seen. And Poch got proper moody at a journo who asked if he was happy not signing anyone,basically saying if you want to twist what I say go ahead its what you have done with transfers,and him being happy to go out of both cups.Which was nice to hear a firm rebuttal on not caring about winning either domestic cup.
Part of the presser I spoke of

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
That was brilliant. I wonder who asked the question?
Someone who hasn’t got the intelligence to think of a more interesting question, like how wil you approach the Newcastle game tactically?

They’re known as cheap shot journalists and work for papers like the Sun, the Mirror and the Star.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Someone who hasn’t got the intelligence to think of a more interesting question, like how wil you approach the Newcastle game tactically?

They’re known as cheap shot journalists and work for papers like the Sun, the Mirror and the Star.
Yes, it would be fun to know which shithead he smacked down though.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Bien trabajo senor! We face the bar codes in a bit of form, well they beat City last time out, having lost to Watford reserves in the FA Cup the time before that, so who knows eh?

I do. We’ll win, because we’re better, and they played their big game on Tuesday night so they’re only coming down to ‘the smoke’ for a night out. Rondo is their big threat and Ritchie in midfield. But we have Sonny and Eriksen if he gets his finger out, plus Rose and hopefully KWP on the wings.....young Kyle always plays against Newcastle doesn’t he? If Sonny and Christian don’t score then Lucas, Lamela and Llorente will, he’s a goal scoring machine now, no stopping the man.

Easy win 3 or 4 - 1 to Spurs. They’ll score from a corner or a cross, we’re shit at defending those.

Ps it’s a 12.30 Kick off so get up otherwise you might miss it.

Is it Just the Sours pessimist inme , that every time we can go above a team competing against us , somehow we always seem to mess it up , tomorrow we win and can go second , we never draw games , so arrrgh I’m gonna put £10 on a Newcastle , only cause I always lose , and to hedge my bets .
Still COYS , GAWD I hope we win

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
That was brilliant. I wonder who asked the question?
2nd part here

It was during the broadcast part of the presser,not for the literary press,so more than likely a sky or bbc, type organisation,though regular journalists do ask questions in this part.I will ask one of the local journos on twitter if he can identify,my gut tells me probably the sky guy who kept niggling at the man utd links when he was shut down by the club a month back.Definatly to do with that and how Poch feels he is being misreported,although pressers are hard enough to try&define what you mean,in a 2nd spoken language some of it is Poch`s interpretation of what he is saying and gets lost in his own translation,like using "ego".
I quite like angry Poch standing his ground,problem is journos just dont care they will twist what is said for clicks,way of the media now. He is well liked by the press for his honesty and approachability generally.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Feel sorry for the Newcastle fans, what stupid time did they have to set out to make a 12.30 at Wembley, fucking ridiculous the way fans are treated.
Cos Palace fulham at 3pm wouldnt have made more sense at 12.30pm.or everton wolves.Tail is wagging the dog with footballs bending over for tv picks.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I am guessing Rose needs handling with care whilst davies is out,hence Jan at LB.Rose himself has been injured so much that maybe saving him for an attacking sub change if needed makes some sense.Lamela starting for a defensive minded player shows some attacking intent,newcastle let teams have the ball a lot!!

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
4-0. We’ll score early and then open these barcode cuntz at will when they go chasing the game.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
4-0. We’ll score early and then open these barcode cuntz at will when they go chasing the game.
That would be nice,probably more heart attack again,nothings been easy this year.What I wouldnt give to score first for a change !!

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
That would be nice,probably more heart attack again,nothings been easy this year.What I wouldnt give to score first for a change !!

Oh, I don’t know mate...but we smashed 11 goals in 3 days over Christmas against Everton and the Cherries. Sure, we don’t have Hatchet Harry at the moment but I thought our 2nd half against Watford was very slick and I expect that form to carry over today.

Or at least I hope so.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Oh, I don’t know mate...but we smashed 11 goals in 3 days over Christmas against Everton and the Cherries. Sure, we don’t have Hatchet Harry at the moment but I thought our 2nd half against Watford was very slick and I expect that form to carry over today.

Or at least I hope so.
Partially why i said this year,that spell seems an age ago,our 1st halves have been so slow,hope he gives them a kick up the arse before they start out today.Have to beat this lot,with city playing arsenal and then chelsea huge chance to claim top 4 at worst and maybe head off into 2nd with kane coming back.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Solid team that.

I'm a bit baffled about Llorente though. Hugs manager, big roar at the end. Missed a couple of sitters but was in the positions in the first place. He'd have been well up for this.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Would be a PL record of 29 without drawing today. @Dorset does your sausage machine know the league record?you know before sky invented football in 1994

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Solid team that.

I'm a bit baffled about Llorente though. Hugs manager, big roar at the end. Missed a couple of sitters but was in the positions in the first place. He'd have been well up for this.
Fatigue?? personally newcastle sit back and a big un with son&moura going beyond seems a good option?Doubt there will be much space behind them when they park up.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
It’s a decent team, should be good enough to win. Disappointed that KWP didn’t start ahead of Trippier, would have liked Rose as well but Newcastle lack pace and he might need a break. Full week off this week before Leicester?

C’mon lads let’s do this

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Moura`s pressing if you watch is mostly out of time/sync.Sonny was the same for a season or two,he just steams in (moura) its a more subtle art than that.Lamela looks lively early doors,good sign.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Partially why i said this year,that spell seems an age ago,our 1st halves have been so slow,hope he gives them a kick up the arse before they start out today.Have to beat this lot,with city playing arsenal and then chelsea huge chance to claim top 4 at worst and maybe head off into 2nd with kane coming back.
I retract my previous statement. Newcatle have the bus parked so will happily take a 1-0 win.

Llorente surely comes on at HT for Moura?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
attendance at Wembley is 41,219.