By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Newcastle (H) PL Sat 2nd Feb 2019

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Just caught up with the post match stuff. Two things - Poch is right, TV scheduling has kicked us in the bollocks again before Dortmund.

Jamie Redknapp is another utter twat. Doesn’t understand modern football structures, priorities and just talks for the sake of talking....lucky someone is paying for him to do so. Hopefully they’ll see through it soon. Moron

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
We're making a good habit of winning no matter what. Son again made all the difference, he's a beast at the moment. If we can keep winning whilst Kane and Alli are out and don't get any new injuries we'd be in a good position for the run in. I'm not saying we can win it but we can finish bloody close if we keep going.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
100% Redknap is a proper cunt. He does literally speak for the fucking sake of it. He spouts contradictory shite time after time after time..... the way he was wanking Pogba off after his pass to Rashford against us was utterly embarrassing.

Redknap- I'm here with Paul (like he fucking knows him personally) now, talk me through what was going through you mind when you played that.....?
Pogba - (Pogba literally looks round as if to ask who the fuck is this old cunt, and why do I have to talk to him) Yeah well, I thought it was on, so I tried and it came off...
Redknap - oh, it was truly world class, let's rewind it and watch it fly through the air in slow motion.....
Pogba - oh..... erm, yeah it was ok.
Redknap - (starts hugging him like he is a fucking long lost relarive)... you are world class, world class.... (camera cuts before Redknap sexually assaults him)

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
2nd part here

It was during the broadcast part of the presser,not for the literary press,so more than likely a sky or bbc, type organisation,though regular journalists do ask questions in this part.I will ask one of the local journos on twitter if he can identify,my gut tells me probably the sky guy who kept niggling at the man utd links when he was shut down by the club a month back.Definatly to do with that and how Poch feels he is being misreported,although pressers are hard enough to try&define what you mean,in a 2nd spoken language some of it is Poch`s interpretation of what he is saying and gets lost in his own translation,like using "ego".
I quite like angry Poch standing his ground,problem is journos just dont care they will twist what is said for clicks,way of the media now. He is well liked by the press for his honesty and approachability generally.
I think this is an underrated thing tbh. My Spanish is tolerable--I can get my point across when needed, especially in a football context--but I cannot imagine trying to talk to a group of Spanish-speakers who were looking for soundbites and prone to twist my words. It's actually quite a feat for these players and managers--not just Poch to be fair, to handle the media as well as they do.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
What an awesome day! 2nd in the table and beating the Irish in Ireland, doesn’t get much better than that on the sporting front.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
That result is fucking superb.... missed the game.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Ooooooooof, that goalie will be fucking livid with himself... superb movement from Son off the ball and to shift his position and sell the defenders to get the shit off..... he is stop player, right up there with Dele and Chris..... Arry is a little bit more special.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
What an awesome day! 2nd in the table and beating the Irish in Ireland, doesn’t get much better than that on the sporting front.
Yeah I watched all of that. Brilliant game of Rugby, superb performance from England, got right in their faces from the off and forced their mistakes. They couldn’t handle our intensity and paid the price. The crowd didn’t like losing very much, bit complacent today lads. We showed up your lot didn’t.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Ooooooooof, that goalie will be fucking livid with himself... superb movement from Son off the ball and to shift his position and sell the defenders to get the shit off..... he is stop player, right up there with Dele and Chris..... Arry is a little bit more special.
we owed them that for that Krul game at WHL !!In real time its hit so hard,but when you see the replays,whoops.The advantage of being two footed defenders dont know if youre going to move left or right.Sonny was well up for this game,he has grown into a bale-esque talisman recently,thats some compliment.To think 1st year he nearly left cos we didnt use him much.

Thank you qatar you murdering bastards,5pts less if Sonny hadnt come home early.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
9 big points with a depleted squad, when everyone else has had a difficult couple of weeks. Great stuff from Poch and the players.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
poch got the hump again,this time with jonathon pearce BBC commentator.mood visibly changes when asked was llorente not fit enough to start,goes downhill from there.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/47103803
I wonder what the Spanish/German/Italian media are like with managers of the top clubs......do they get the same constant grilling and questioning from 61 different sources over and over?

Seems to me he’s had more than enough of it for the moment. SAF style.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Yeah I watched all of that. Brilliant game of Rugby, superb performance from England, got right in their faces from the off and forced their mistakes. They couldn’t handle our intensity and paid the price. The crowd didn’t like losing very much, bit complacent today lads. We showed up your lot didn’t.

Spot on mate. The intensity with which we played was the big standout of the match. Our defensive line was so quick to close their half backs and centres, that they were unable to really build any momentum whatsoever. We missed so few tackles as well, which is an area we’ve struggled in over the last 12 months. Great to have Billy Vunipola & Tuilagi back, first time we’ve had pretty much our first choice XV available for a good 18 months.

Back on topic, sorry lads! Thought we were really good against the Toon, they were boring as fuck and offered very little, other than a couple of counter attacks. Thought they might have a real go at us given their result against City. Thought Davinson stood out for me at the back, looked strong and commanding when needed, which is great, as for me anyway, he’s had an indifferent season.

Winksy just continues to impress alongside Sissoko, who is such a different player now, the way when he receives the ball he immediately looks forward, rather than receiving it and looking like a deer in the headlights and offloading it to the nearest person next to him or behind him. Up front, thought we played some decent stuff without really having much luck but Sonny just never stops, the guy’s an absolute diamond!

Happy days!!

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
9 big points with a depleted squad, when everyone else has had a difficult couple of weeks. Great stuff from Poch and the players.
Those 9 big points all came in the final 10 minutes of each game. Never give up.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I wonder what the Spanish/German/Italian media are like with managers of the top clubs......do they get the same constant grilling and questioning from 61 different sources over and over?

Seems to me he’s had more than enough of it for the moment. SAF style.
Italian media in particular are notoriously brutal on managers.

I've always heard though that the German media are a little more patient with managers (I'm sure there are lots of exceptions) which is one of the reasons that younger managers do well there.