By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Newcastle United (H) PL Sun 27th September 2020 14:00

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
SpursNewcastle.jpg

That Maximin bloke is good eh? His name sounds like a female hygiene product, but he is a good player.

I hate playing the Toon, we need to win this one to go ahead in the PL head to head stats which are unbelievably 22 wins each and 6 draws.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
We can use all the help we can get. Desperately need these 3 points.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I went to this last year, we were crap and it was the start of a horrible season. This year we will win easily Harry K will score because he’s my fantasy football captain this week. Sonny will supply 5 assists to break the record we set last week. Harry Winks won’t start please, he needs a rest, not on his best form is he?
3-1 to Spurs (because we always let 1 in - cue Lloris peculiar disgruntled face look)

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
There are certain teams I hate playing, teams who have the power to make us look like mugs. Newcastle are in that bracket, as are West Brom, Villa, Leeds. There must be something in it as it's always been the case since I've been supporting this Club.

Or maybe it's just us?

So I will be watching and hoping we can string a few passes together to gain some control of the game and ease my blood pressure! COYS

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
There are certain teams I hate playing, teams who have the power to make us look like mugs. Newcastle are in that bracket, as are West Brom, Villa, Leeds. There must be something in it as it's always been the case since I've been supporting this Club.

Or maybe it's just us?

So I will be watching and hoping we can string a few passes together to gain some control of the game and ease my blood pressure! COYS
That’s true, we have faired poorly against teams down at the bottom over the years.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
This wont be easy. But I reckon a tight 2-1 win....we need it, especially with Chavs and Man u dropping points all over the place. This is a real chance to open up a little gap early, build the confidence and kick on. A vital 3 points on offer here that we cannot fuck up.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
COYS.... What a start...!!!

Keep this intensity up

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
How the fuck are we not 2 up already...

Their keeper has pulled of 3 worldies in 8 mins.....

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Another Kane assist....

Get the fuck in..

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
We're doing well, Look dangerous every time we move forwards... 70% posession but importantly usign it well.

At the back we've not been troubled. Sanchez and Dier not been tested.

Toon are giving us the ball and we're using it reasonably well.

We should have 3 at least.

Newcastle have been absolutely shit....

Oh and their keeper has had a worldie while Shelvey yet again is a useless thug.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
You'd think Bergwine would just do the exact same shit Sonny does for us... play off the shoulder, stretch the play and force them backwards at pace.... Nope.

Time for N'Fatbelé to replace Winks too. Get him in the shop window.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
What Lo'Celso off for fat lad...?

Hes had a quieter half but he is still our only player who can pick locks...

Time to show us N'Dombele V2.0...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
This game is a joke...

Thats a disgrace... that is not a fucking penalty.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Games gone

should have been over, and our fault we did not put the game to bed.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Its our fault for not finishing the game off with the myriad of chances we've squandered... yeah their keeper has pulled off some superb saves but we've not done enough to put this cunt to bed.

Think H just got a red after the game...!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Taking the fucking piss! Looking at that graphic it WAS offside and if they are going to give penalties for that then what is the fucking point? Cunts, fucking bastard cunts can poke VAR up their fucking arses, it is killing football.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Taking the fucking piss! Looking at that graphic it WAS offside and if they are going to give penalties for that then what is the fucking point? Cunts, fucking bastard cunts can poke VAR up their fucking arses, it is killing football.
Killed...

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
That’ll do me. Football is now a video game played by faceless cunts.

The sport is finished.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Ridiculous, and I'd have said the same thing if it had benefited us. Hodgson was spot on yesterday with his criticism. I understand why the ref gave the handball, because that's the (stupid) rule. But what I don't get is how, after a four-minute delay between the incident and the penalty, plus a celebration, we had one minute of additional time added at the end.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Its our fault for not finishing the game off with the myriad of chances we've squandered... yeah their keeper has pulled off some superb saves but we've not done enough to put this cunt to bed.

Think H just got a red after the game...!
I don't blame the players, Sonny hit the woodwork twice and the keeper was on top form. Overall I was impressed by the performance, at last some effort and pace. We still seem to be a bit slow at times, players taking too long looking for the pass then having it nicked or being swamped by defenders.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Mourinho did well and was composed for his interview....I wouldn't be. It's not Newcastle's fault, they hung on, rode their luck but if you dont take your chances at this level, you get punished more often then not The difference is you don't expect the points to be taken by officials that clearly never played the game.
If FIFA say that's a penalty than why cant someone come forward and explain why ? I dont get it! It wasnt deliberate, it wasnt a goalscoring opportunity, I just dont think the players have a clue what they can or cant do anymore, the scary thing is, the official's have even less of a clue.
I think what Jose said was right. He now knows the difference between the "prestige" clubs and the rest, and who gets the decisions more often than not...

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Ridiculous, utterly ridiculous!!

I'd like them in that situation, if they're going to start giving those sorts of penalties, then they should mitigate it with where the ball was going, and in this case it was going straight to, i think it was Davinson who would've booted it clear. Really decent performance and to lose 2 points in that way, is such a kick in the nuts.

However, on the positive side, a really good performance, although Newcastle offered nothing but still thought we played some good stuff and we looked full of energy. Also got me thinking, imagine Bale, Reguilon and potentially Skriniar and we have a seriously impressive first XI. Lastly, i've given up on Eric being my target of frustration/abuse, that reticle is now firmly sighted on someone else in our current 1st XI but Jose clearly loves him, so i'll have to wait for a bit till i pull the trigger!!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Mourinho did well and was composed for his interview....I wouldn't be. It's not Newcastle's fault, they hung on, rode their luck but if you dont take your chances at this level, you get punished more often then not The difference is you don't expect the points to be taken by officials that clearly never played the game.
If FIFA say that's a penalty than why cant someone come forward and explain why ? I dont get it! It wasnt deliberate, it wasnt a goalscoring opportunity, I just dont think the players have a clue what they can or cant do anymore, the scary thing is, the official's have even less of a clue.
I think what Jose said was right. He now knows the difference between the "prestige" clubs and the rest, and who gets the decisions more often than not...
Fair play to Steve Bruce, who said it was "a nonsense" in his interview, and that PL managers needed to get together and protest the rule