By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Newcastle United (H) Sun 25th August 16:30

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
I dont want to overreact but imo we've gone backwards.

The spine of our side has been decimated and I dont know if it can be fixed this year other than someone eating a boat load of humble pie and Levy paying crazy wages or us finding a new way to play with our current personnel.

Verts frozen out, Eriksen frozen out (unless were scrambling round for a goal) and Kane suffering from zero service, support doing fuck all to effect the game. Fullbacks worse than last year and playing fucking Sisoko as an makeshift RB.... seriously...!!!

Weve gor GLC and the new Moose who ain't ready... why has every other club who signed players been happy to play them from the off? I dont see the scum benching their record signings because their not fucking ready... why ain't they fucking ready?

Poch talking about a new phase of the project, or spurs now having to operate differently.... I think Trips, Rose, Streaky and Toby have seen this all coming and have made their feelings felt with regard "finding new challenges".

3 games in and we need an international break to regroup...!!!

I said I didnt want to overreact and I fucking have.... I'm just pissed right off at loosing to a fucking shit championship side. Citeh was a smash and grab we deserved fuck all from, Villa performance was utter dross but we got some well earned breaks once we started playing some attacking footy around 70 mins in with Streaky on the pitch.

I wanna hear what Poch says and I want him to throw a few fucks around. I hope he and those players are as fucking angry as I am, but I fucking doubt it the cunts.
It’s just a continuation of last season mate, that’s 4 wins in our last 15 pl games, no away wins since January, but we had the champs league run mask how utterly shit we were in the league during the last third of the campaign. We also had the World Cup hangover, injuries etc to fall back on. This season already has a nasty whiff about it, Poch talking about how it’s the most unsettled squad he’s had in his 6 years, clearly more to Tripps’ words in the Summer than just bitterness.

Just get August out the way and beat the Scum next week and all will be good in the hood!

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Let’s just be grateful ,we’re not the Cryptkeeper and the like minded Aussie Spurs fans down under .
On Friday they were salivating ,after a poor first innings , managing to get England out so cheaply ,then scoring an unprecedented 2nd innings score and lead, going into the last two days .
On their Saturday night they went to bed knowing just 7 more wickets ,retain the Ashes
. Even if they got up at 2 to see we’d made a slight comeback and only 4 wickets down ,an hour later , they toddle off back to bed with 7 down and in the safe knowledge , of a comfortable victory.
Only to awake at 6 ,to see Stokes score the winning runs........oh bugger , to,concede the highest ever test 4th innings between these two nations was a shock .......but not to worry we’ve got the Mighty Spurs to look forward too , and an easy win victory over Newcastle ......holy moly , what the hell went wrong , this is Newcastle , even worse it’s Steve Bruce, and we couldnt break them down .
Ok Son and Kane could have both had penalties , I bet you Salah or Sterling would have been rewarded , but we got what we deserved . No invention and to many players up top invading Kane’s space . Please,Son on the right Lamella on the left ,Sissoko and Winks in the middle , till Alli and Erickson situation is resolved.
Tangana must be in with a shout v Arsenal ,cause Sanchez at 42m must be the worst importation of Columbias finest coming in from Amsterdam ever

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
When you factor in the two teams we were playing and how differently they both approached their games with us its glaringly obvious that the issue is with us and not other teams.
If were consistently not performing against differing opposition at differing levels with differing tactics were not enforcing our will on the game.
I couldn't fathom to try and pretend to understand more than Poch as to why this is occurring but I do know:
Winks, while recycling the ball from deep well, does not create a fucking thing.
Sisoko, while powering forward occasionally and breaking up play, does not create a fucking thing (especially from the right).
Lamella, while is industrious and tenacious has to simply be shown to his right hand side to completely nullify his attacking and creative threat.
That's it, that's our creativity, the reason why I think we've had 4 shots in 2 games and ultimately probably a huge reason why Kane looks fucking terrible, isolated and pissed off.
Out of interest as weve dissected the creativity through the middle, what proportion of our crosses were successful yesterday? I only listened to the radio as I was travelling but it seemed that our creativity from wide positions was jank and only improved when Davies came on.
From what I see we seem to have run out of options...!
We have GLC, N'Dombele, Son, Deli all creative players who can change a game..... Poch needs to change something before we play those slags up the road.
Have to admit I didn't see the game as I was flying home from Prague, and doubt I'll endure it either.
I think while people joked about us being a Harry Kane team, in actual fact we have been a bit of a Christian Eriksen team. I said we would struggle to survive without his 16 assists a season and so far seems about right. He is often also the assister of the assist!
We are leaking goals aswell. Sanchez shouldnt be being shoe horned in when we have one of the best left sided centre halves in the league.
Dunno what Pochs thinking is at the minute quite frankly.
Couple of weak links in there for me. Sanchez as above, Lamela I just don't rate generally. Winks I love but he isn't getting the ball where it needs to be. He's kinda a wasted space in the team in my opinion with Sissoko on.
It'll begin to come together but atm, either vertonghen and Eriksen start the fucking games, or they aren't in the squad on match day at all. You can't have Eriksen sat there, wait til it's all gone Pete tong and then bring him in to fix it. Either struggle on without or get him starting. Dunno what Vert has done. All seems quiet.
Dreading this next fixture. Haven't said that in a few seasons.

Last edited:
Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Have to admit I didn't see the game as I was flying home from Prague, and doubt I'll endure it either.

I think while people joked about us being a Harry Kane team, in actual fact we have been a bit of a Christian Eriksen team. I said we would struggle to survive without his 16 assists a season and so far seems about right. He is often also the assister of the assist!

We are leaking goals aswell. Sanchez shouldnt be being shoe horned in when we have one of the best left sided centre halves in the league.

Dunno what Pochs thinking is at the minute quite frankly.

Couple of weak links in there for me. Sanchez as above, Lamela I just don't rate generally. Winks I love but he isn't getting the ball where it needs to be. He's kinda a wasted space in the team in my opinion.

It'll begin to come together but atm, either vertonghen and Eriksen start the fucking games, or they aren't in the squad on match day at all. You can't have Eriksen sat there, wait til it's all gone Pete tong and then bring him in to fix it. Either struggle on without or get him starting. Dunno what Vert has done. All seems quiet.

Dreading this next fixture. Haven't said that in a few seasons.
Good summary.
Man City , take 5 passes to go from goalie to a goal ,with quick direct,passing and pace.
Spurs take 5 passes to go from goalie to Winks , with 4 sideways and backward passes before we start the cycle again .
Play Son on the right ,Lamella if we have to on the left , with hopefully Delli or CE against the Goons , or like you I’m not looking forward to next week .
Anyone notice Jan seemed to have a black eye , I heard that he and HK had a fisticuffs during a training session

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Anyone notice Jan seemed to have a black eye , I heard that he and HK had a fisticuffs during a training session
Nope..... where'd you hear this? If true its surely have leaked out through staff and youth players and would conform there is a rift or at the very least tensions around the club/dressing room.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
It was poor selection IMO--Sissoko and Lamela are great in certain kinds of games, but not against the likes of Newcastle. However people might feel about Eriksen, we are a far inferior team without him on the pitch. Also, Vertonghen is better than Sanchez, full stop. Not that Sanchez is a disaster, but whatever's going on there needs to get sorted. Poch is a good manager as we know, and I'm sure he'll work these things out over the season, but dropping points at home to a very poor team is troubling.

N

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
Make absolutely no mistake, the Eriksen contract/transfer situation is now costing us points. The fact that we couldn't/wouldn't start with him because we are protecting the "asset" is just disgusting.
I am not for players agitating for a move but his behaviour has been terrible. You don't get to hold the club to ransom and stipulate that you want to be moved on to only a select handful of clubs. You either sign a contract or you are off training by yourself until your contract expires. Let's see who wants in for you then. If he is ever in a matchday squad again, without a new signed contract then I will be livid. This is just the tail wagging the fucking dog now.
He's an absolute fucker and he can fuck right off.
That aside, we are in trouble because Stevie Wonder can see that every mid-table and below team is going to come to our joint and play a 5-5-0...and they know that they can get away with it. We need some new tricks and we need them immediately.
Christian Eriksen is probably the last person to blame for our recent poor performances. We've known since long before the transfer window closes that he wants away and won't sign a new contract. It's hardly his fault that we don't have anyone ready to be a replacement, and then have to call on him when we are desperate for a spark of inspiration. We might not like it that he doesn't love us as much as we love him any more, but he puts the effort in when called upon. If you want to blame someone, try Aaron Ramsey, who showed everyone that the player gets loads more money if the buying club doesn't have to fork out a transfer fee.

As for Sunday I'd blame Winks, Lamela, Sissoko, Moura, Kane, Son, KWP and Rose for playing pass the parcel in a straight line 5 yards outside the penalty area, and Poch for not throwing his water bottle at them. We have to better than that, surely.

You're dead right about the cannon fodder teams coming in with the 5-5-0 though, and most of them will be better at it than Newcastle.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Christian Eriksen is probably the last person to blame for our recent poor performances. We've known since long before the transfer window closes that he wants away and won't sign a new contract. It's hardly his fault that we don't have anyone ready to be a replacement, and then have to call on him when we are desperate for a spark of inspiration. We might not like it that he doesn't love us as much as we love him any more, but he puts the effort in when called upon. If you want to blame someone, try Aaron Ramsey, who showed everyone that the player gets loads more money if the buying club doesn't have to fork out a transfer fee.

As for Sunday I'd blame Winks, Lamela, Sissoko, Moura, Kane, Son, KWP and Rose for playing pass the parcel in a straight line 5 yards outside the penalty area, and Poch for not throwing his water bottle at them. We have to better than that, surely.

You're dead right about the cannon fodder teams coming in with the 5-5-0 though, and most of them will be better at it than Newcastle.
I am not specifically blaming Eriksen for the recent poor performances. But it is a huge factor. No doubt at all.

For starters, we have to limit his minutes as Levy wants to protect the investment. That in itself costs us points. It may very well have cost us three points on Sunday. If we get the early goal rather than concede it, Newcastle would have been forced to come at us and would have probably conceded more than one.

I get that he wants to leave but surely it wouldn't have been too much for both parties to put together a contract that gave him an out clause in the case of specific clubs coming in for him (Real, Barca, Juve for example). That way all parties, including Eriksen himself are protected. And we could get on with the business of winning football games. If we did that and Eriksen knocked it back then he is a prick and can fuck off. If we didn't then Levy is a moron. So, as it is now we are completely exposed both on and off the park. Sure, it is possible that Levy foots a large chunk of the responsibility for this but the player should be giving some ground the other way.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
didnt see the game (was flying). happy i didnt after having read everything about the game.

i hope we never have dean in charge of a game for us again

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
didnt see the game (was flying). happy i didnt after having read everything about the game.

i hope we never have dean in charge of a game for us again
We can't blame Dean for that performance, as much as I'd like to. The wounds were self-inflicted and would have led to the same humiliation whoever the ref was.