By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Newport County (A) fa cup 4th round Jan 27th 17.30

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
DUc8x5xW0AAgorM.jpg

Lets Hope it rains eh!!

Injuries or excuses made for absence (or absynth if we lose!)
Aurier (calf)
lamela (sore arse,no really)
Winks (ankle or murdered and buried under the south stand)
Eriksen (spanish flu)
Lloris (spanish flu)
Rose (knee or just trying to find moura in t`internet)
Toby (hamstring) though could feature reports suggest.

Take your pick out of the academy who gets to travel in the squad,KWP,Georgiou,Oakley-Booth,Sterling;Foyth????who knows.
Yes we have man u on weds and liverpool the weekend,but have to win here&progress.Poch went super full line up last round,is that a sign?or just how the fixtures were back then?
Dear god I guess that sissoko starts,if he plays well does that mean its a double edged sword and he starts vs man u,liverpool and arse??guess i want him to play well whatever the opposition,file that under waitng or whelming!!

FA cup would be a perfect trophy to win this season and shut that argument up!!

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Just a small question Toby says hes 100% fit.....We have Man Ure, Liverpool, Arsenal and Juventus in a month, surely he has to play...Match fitness and all

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Just a small question Toby says hes 100% fit.....We have Man Ure, Liverpool, Arsenal and Juventus in a month, surely he has to play...Match fitness and all

Would give him a 30 min run out I think, depending on weather, field condition, and if they are going for our ankles or not

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Full on banana skin and 'What the FA Cup is all about' live on TV etc etc. The classic big team against the little team in a muddy field. Should be a great day, we won't lose... will we.....? nah 3-1 Spurs with a squad team, or a draw, which we don't want and win the replay. Anyway bring it on.

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
Yet another muddy field, after those 2 matches playing in monsoon conditions recently.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Should be used to it then. Win this cup and players will be appeased for a wee while longer.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Not ideal conditions haha but I bloody love the FA cup!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Not ideal conditions haha but I bloody love the FA cup!
Yep! It's still my favourite competition, yeah OK, the Champions League is great but it's like caviar for posh geezers, I prefer haddock and chips. It would be really sad if we started dissing a great traditional competition like this.

I suppose being really old makes the FA Cup more important to me, in the olden days the world would stop and everybody would go round to a minted neighbour's house to watch it on a colour TV! Fucking flash fuckers having a TV, we had one for a while then they come and took the fucker away because the old cunt hadn't paid for it.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Guess the line up then,lots of big players travelled!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Our substitutes - Paulo Gazzaniga, Davinson Sanchez, Ben Davies, Tashan Oakely-Booth, Dele Alli, Heung-Min Son and Anthony Georgiou.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Blimey, these Newport Boys have made a cracking start. Not a night for fancy football Spurs. Need to do a Leicester from earlier today.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
After 25 minutes our squad looks like they couldn’t care less about this game and expected them to just roll over for us. Dier in particular looks like he could give a fuck

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Was always going to be a horrible tie this but didn’t think we’d be as toothless as this. Out muscled, out fought and very little creativity, Llorente off Sonny on pls Poch.

Also was it me or did Trippier duck under the ball, very bizarre. Looked like he was trying to flick it away from danger but got it all wrong. C’mon boys, i’ll be fucking seething if we go out here.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
you just have to laugh!!
Right dele lets boil some piss here!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The is what the FA Cup is all about - so I will sneer at wankers making comments about how shite we were. I sneer at you in a sneery tone of voice.

Newport were great, they were at home on a poxy pitch that they know well and they had that freaky throwing geezer. Of course they are going to throw everything into a FA cup tie against one of the best teams in the Premier League, they haven't got to play United, Juventus, Arsenal and Liverpool in the next 4 weeks for fecks ferking sake!

Foyth impressed me a lot, Sissoko didn't but that's no surprise. I felt sorry for KWP, he looked lost and uncomfortable playing on the wrong side, I was hoping to see Ben Davies come on much earlier, but the Poch knows best, maybe he wanted to save him for Wednesday?

The great thing is the the FA Cup journey carries on and it will be a very different kettle of haddock at Wembley.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
30 goals for Kane this season and still only january,really where would we be without the bloke,no please dont answer,i dont want to even think about that.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
i think we'll smash them at home with a slightly stronger, but not full XI side. 5-1. Expecting Toby to start

Maybe a we will have Lucas official by then and it will be his first 30min for us subbing on? Wishful thinking probably

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
30 goals for Kane this season and still only january,really where would we be without the bloke,no please dont answer,i dont want to even think about that.

lets not forget about Son, he is pretty much in the same conversation as Kane.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
The big positive for me, beyond remaining in the cup, is that Foyth, though apparently 12 years old, looks the real deal. Beyond that, it was a perfect storm, we were poor, they were excellent, especially in the first half, pitch was poor, high winds (that played havoc with both teams to be fair). Hard to begrudge Newport that result. Obviously the combo of Wanyama/Sissoko/Dembele had us looking a little ponderous, but there was still plenty of quality in the squad to win, and Newport made it very difficult.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Well that was the giant killing banana skin avoided, just. I don't think we had the right attitude and Newport were about as good as they could be. Well played them and kick up the arse for us. Leicester showed what was required at lunchtime. We'll be fine at Wembley and brilliant that Newport will earn a load of dosh out of it as well as a great night for their fans. It's the FA Cup, it's what it's about, just our turn this time. Squeaky bum for a bit!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
On reflection... we got what we deserved and in the end can consider ourselves fortunate to have another bite of the cherry.

Their CM was the best player on the park for me

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
On reflection... we got what we deserved and in the end can consider ourselves fortunate to have another bite of the cherry.

Their CM was the best player on the park for me
Hopefully our lucky escape will lead to some reflection and things to do better,the cliched wake up call.
Especially for those who would say we dont pay them enough,out fought ,thought and less desire than a league 2 side,who probably deserved more than a replay at wembley.

A decent draw tonight for the 5th round,and 5 mins from going out could turn into a stroll into the qtr-finals,funny old game.

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
Very fustrating to have another fixture added to Feb but no complaints with the result. Newport deserved to get something out of it and I’m chuffed for them to get to have an outing at Wembley even though I think we’ll knock a few past them. It’s what the FA cup is all about - Davids conquering/equalling Goliaths! Good on them.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Looks like Poch wasnt best plessed with what he saw against Newport either...!

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/tott...-safe-spurs-dont-look-like-they-want-trophies

NEWPORT, Wales -- Mauricio Pochettino said his "safe" Tottenham side did not look like a team that wants to win trophies, after Saturday's 1-1 FA Cup fourth-round draw at Newport County.

Harry Kane's 82nd-minute tap-in spared Spurs a total humiliation against the League Two club, who led through Padraig Amond's first-half header and fully deserved a replay at Wembley.

For all their progress in three-and-a-half years under Pochettino, Spurs are yet to win a trophy, but he refused to blame the boggy playing surface at Rodney Parade for the near-miss, and said his players did not match Newport's motivation.

"We cannot use the pitch as an excuse, we need to look at us," Pochettino said afterwards. "We were so poor in the first half. We were aware about how Newport play and they are a very energetic team with some quality. In the first half we did not match this level.

"The key for the game was to match them with motivation fight and desire. We lost every challenge in the first half. It was difficult to play forward, always playing safe.

"The team didn't show that they really wanted to go to the next round of the FA Cup. That disappointed us a lot because of course the theory is to win trophies. It's easy to talk about that but I think we missed a massive opportunity today, to show that we really want to win some trophies.

Kevin Barnes - CameraSport via Getty Images
"We still have the possibility and I hope that that helped us to realised that if we need to fight. I hear in five years here that the FA Cup is magic. It's magic because a Premier League team and League Two team [can play] and today to be honest I did not see too much difference."

Asked if tiredness had contributed to his players' lack of motivation, Pochettino added: "I hope you don't twist my words, because it's not fair.

"I didn't say we weren't motivated, but not motivated in the same level as Newport. I think in all these aspects they beat us. Of course in the last 30 minutes we increased our level and I think we deserved it in the end because we created many chances. But why wait until the end of the game to fight?"

Spurs face Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal in the next three league games, while they also have a two-legged Champions League round-of-16 tie against Juventus next month.

Pochettino admitted that a replay was not ideal but he added: "If we want to go to the next round we need to go and win and play and be strong. Of course it's a game that if we are clever we will learn, if not we are going to miss the opportunity to learn."

Asked about Spurs' interest in signing Paris Saint-Germain winger Lucas Moura, Pochettino said: "We have some options. We are going in the last few days to see if we can add players that add good quality."