By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Newport County (H) FA cup replay - Wed Feb 5th, 19:45

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Blimey, I would not like to the His Majesty the Poch for this one. With the NLD coming up on Saturday who does he pick? If he goes full mental and we lose the NLD, or he goes blah and we are ditched out the FA Cup by a 4th Division side he will be sneered at. The risks of injury will be high because Newport will be giving this everything and refs normally allow a much higher level of physicality in FA Cup ties, which in my opinion is good - but not Wednesday ta vey much! .

Lloris
KWP Foyth Poch Rose
Sissokko Gazzaniga Moura TheSurge
Llorente Vorm

Onomah, Jannsen, GKN, CCV - all out on loan but maybe we could borrow them back for this one?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Ha Ha Ha..........We have enough strength in the squad to put out a decent team and win this 2-0 at Wembley. They will play above themselves because it's a dream venue and fixture for them. I'm taking my daughter and expect to see:
Vorm
KWP Alderweireld, Foyth, Rose
Winks (fit?),Wanyama
Moura, Sissoko, Lamela
Llorente

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Ha Ha Ha..........We have enough strength in the squad to put out a decent team and win this 2-0 at Wembley. They will play above themselves because it's a dream venue and fixture for them. I'm taking my daughter and expect to see:
Vorm
KWP Alderweireld, Foyth, Rose
Winks (fit?),Wanyama
Moura, Sissoko, Lamela
Llorente
Mate, I expect the Poch will ask you and your daughter to play.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/mauricio-pochettino-on-newport-team-news-060218/

“If you look at the starting 11 tomorrow, 90% of the players have started in the Champions League,” said Mauricio, who has a full squad available with the exception of new signing Lucas Moura, who is ineligible for the replay having not been registered before the first tie.
Mauricio confirmed Toby Alderweireld and Danny Rose are both in the squad.
He added: “We are going to rotate the starting 11, for sure. We are going to give possibilities to players who have not played regularly in the Premier League.
“We are happy everyone is available to be selected
. That’s so important for the next games. We have a very busy period and we need everyone.
“We have a great squad, unlucky that Lucas Moura is not available to play because of the rules, but it’s only him out of the squad.”

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
-----------Vorm-----------
Aurier-toby-foyth-rose
---------dier-winks-------
Sissoko----Lamela---????
----------llorente---------

Bit of a bollocks Moura can't play.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Rochdale away in the next round. That's got to be a win, assuming we beat Newport of course!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Bit of a shame we don't get an away game at Millwall.....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
DVXUVmyW0AEzvkU.jpg

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
So long as we don't play Kane or Jan, I don't much care who plays. Would have been a great match for Moura. I would play whichever fullbacks aren't playing on Sat., whichever CM isn't playing on Sat, play 2 out of 3 of Son, Eriksen, Alli (preferably include Alli),and definitely play Sissoko and Foyth. And Vorm. Other than that, pray for no injuries and good luck! Don't envy Poch on this one.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So long as we don't play Kane or Jan, I don't much care who plays. Would have been a great match for Moura. I would play whichever fullbacks aren't playing on Sat., whichever CM isn't playing on Sat, play 2 out of 3 of Son, Eriksen, Alli (preferably include Alli),and definitely play Sissoko and Foyth. And Vorm. Other than that, pray for no injuries and good luck! Don't envy Poch on this one.
normally a replay is a nuisance,but this falls quite nicely in many ways,several players coming back to ease in,possibly rose,aurier,winks,toby add to that vorm,foyth,sissoko,lamela,its pretty much a starting team to get the job done.Even wanyama could do with minutes on the pitch,llorente has to get a go otherwise what is the point?Yes indeed it is quite fortunate to have some practise time for many of the squad,lets hope it is as easy as that!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
VAR is in action tonight, I think. That might be interesting - or not.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
normally a replay is a nuisance,but this falls quite nicely in many ways,several players coming back to ease in,possibly rose,aurier,winks,toby add to that vorm,foyth,sissoko,lamela,its pretty much a starting team to get the job done.Even wanyama could do with minutes on the pitch,llorente has to get a go otherwise what is the point?Yes indeed it is quite fortunate to have some practise time for many of the squad,lets hope it is as easy as that!!
100% spot on. add Dier as a punishment for being asleep in the first leg and you've got your team.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Bit of a shame we don't get an away game at Millwall.....
Some of the brawling type chappies would like a reverse FA Cup fixture at their place and another big win for us....anyway, lucky Rochdale. Big payday for them coming up and another banana skin for us. Still it keeps the whole squad fit.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I will be grinning like a grinning fucker when I see Toby again. I won't even make any sarky comments about Danny Rose if he starts tonight - see I used his name not Hissing Sid. Another opportunity for Sissoko and Llorente to win over the fans, Foyth has won me over already. I's a shame that Moura can't play in this one, but having a full squad to chose from must be luvverly for His Majesty the Poch - I don't think I can ever remember the Injury Room site having an empty room for us! Swansea showed how to do a replay last night, let's do better than they did.

Excited as fuck like I always am for an FA Cup game. COYS!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Nooooo! We are doomed, Newport manager Michael Flynn has a dossier! How can we beat a bloke with a dossier, we might as well throw in the towel - and not bother flying to Italy cos he's let Jueventus have a look ay it. Fukcing dossiers! Doomed!

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
We'll put 5 or 6 past them today.
Certain.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Great selections imo. Now no one get hurt and let's thrash them!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Does Sissoko get an assist for the first goal? Hmmm. Foyth is very good, I like him. Rose is having a good game so far as is Lamella. Two blokes are not impressing me much, I want them to, I really do, but the horse may be deceased and bashing it will not make it pull the cart to market. Maybe they'll do better in the 2nd half.

Boone

Boone

Player in Training.
Llorente very poor. Aside from a few good link up plays where he lays off for an on-rushing Lamela or Son, there was nothing positive. He’s old and doesn’t provide the type of play we need from a back up lone forward. He seems incapable of holding the ball up and certainly can no longer finish at a high level.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Great result and some stand out performances for me.......... at both ends of the spectrum.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
It was absolutely fucking freezing, the highlight apart from Lamela, Toby and Foyth was the 4 loyalty points for going.

Bring on the Scum

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Job done. Lamela, Son and Foyth stand outs for me. Roll on the scum