By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Olympics, good and really, really bad

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I've been enjoying the Olympics, some great results for team GB, and some really great performances in sports that I wouldn't normally watch. The cycling has been great, little Laura Trotty is amazing, the gymnastics have been great, I even enjoyed the badminton yesterday.

Then came yesterdays' boxing. What a fucking travesty. The Irish boxer Michael Conlan won every round on my score card, anyone who had the remotest scooby about boxing would have given him the decision, there was not the remotest possibility that the Russian took even a single round unless a huge number of points are given for wild swinging punches that miss and pub brawling tactics. Following the previous evenings corrupt decision that gave Tischenko, another Russian the win I was well fucking miffed!

This sort of blatant FIFA'esque corruption will kill amateur boxing, a sport I have always loved. Why the fuck would anyone train their bollocks off for four years to have their dreams stolen from them by crooked judges who are being paid by the fucking Russians?

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Quality:

Michael Conlan
✔@mickconlan11

Hey Vlad @PutinRF_Eng How much did they charge you bro?? @AIBA_Boxing #Rio2016
1f618.png

12:35 PM - 16 Aug 2016

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Some judges have been sacked:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...Rio-Games-reviewing-Olympic-displays-far.html

'an unspecified number of unnamed judges will not officiate in Rio again'

They have been rumbled, like FIFA they will be nicked when they try and steal victory from a US boxer, OK, that's unlikely because they don't win nuffink at boxing do they? If they took swimming out of the Olympics then it would be a much tighter competition it's a bit daft when there are so many swimming medals compared to the other sports.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...Rio-Games-reviewing-Olympic-displays-far.html

They have been rumbled, like FIFA they will be nicked when they try and steal victory from a US boxer, OK, that's unlikely because they don't win nuffink at boxing do they? If they took swimming out of the Olympics then it would be a much tighter competition it's a bit daft when there are so many swimming medals compared to the other sports.
All the Irish boxers coming out saying rumours of medals sorted before they even boxed,Katie Taylor got robbed as eel and that Russian heavyweight was so embarrassed that he won he didn't celebrate ,rotten to core

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member

You're right about swimming, it grossly inflates our medal count. Same case could be made for cycling and GB. Never really got into the nationalism of the Olympics in any case. The countries with lots of people and/or money win lots of medals. In a country of 330 million people, it's no surprise we can find a few that can swim fast, so while it's fun to watch I really don't give a shit. I was thrilled to see Usain Bolt beat our doping cheat Gatling in the 100m, and the Bahamian girl who dove across the line to pip our sprinter the other night was hard not to root for. Not terribly upset about Sweden beating our women in football the other day either, especially given Hope Solo's petulant reaction

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
The credulity about doping in T&F and cycling is just amazing to me. Oh yeah, only the Russians are doing it...yeah right. Some of the bullshit stories that these athletes get away with in the mainstream press if just ridiculous. The reaction to Gatlin is fucking hilarious as well.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
You're right about swimming, it grossly inflates our medal count. Same case could be made for cycling and GB. Never really got into the nationalism of the Olympics in any case. The countries with lots of people and/or money win lots of medals. In a country of 330 million people, it's no surprise we can find a few that can swim fast, so while it's fun to watch I really don't give a shit. I was thrilled to see Usain Bolt beat our doping cheat Gatling in the 100m, and the Bahamian girl who dove across the line to pip our sprinter the other night was hard not to root for. Not terribly upset about Sweden beating our women in football the other day either, especially given Hope Solo's petulant reaction
We learnt a long time ago in the UK society that winning medals where you sit down is the way to go,cycling,sailing,equestrian..........why put all that effort in swimming,running,jumping when you can just sit down and compete!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I love the olympics....but have to say there's no place for tennis, rugby, golf and football, they have their own major tournaments. It's all about the old amateur ethos for me and 'minor' sports....I know things have changed but Rowing and Cycling should still be in.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
We learnt a long time ago in the UK society that winning medals where you sit down is the way to go,cycling,sailing,equestrian..........why put all that effort in swimming,running,jumping when you can just sit down and compete!!
With all due respect to GB, it's a good thing for the rest of the world that they don't have a sitting on your ass and eating competition, we'd dominate.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
With all due respect to GB, it's a good thing for the rest of the world that they don't have a sitting on your ass and eating competition, we'd dominate.
lol the cruise ship 125kg plank walk

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
If you take away the multi golds from the USA and GB, we'd be on par., I've been loving the games
One of the best things is seeing a Black gymnast and only 4'9 smashing it up in the Olympics, and whilst they've,always been good at sprinting and athletics, I don't think I've ever seen a black swimming medalist, and this year the young lady won what 4 golds......never understood why in general " Blacks can't swim" , hey that could be a film, on par with " White men can't jump"

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
GB women hockey team, immense!

Quek is a tidy player

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The government has announced that the victory parade will be held in Manchester, what about a parade for the ones who did not win? That bloke who put his foot over the line in the relay last night or the Taekwondo geezer who lost in the last second? I suggest a Losers Parade in Bracknell, the most god-forsaken arsehole of a place in the UK, I worked there for many years and without a doubt it is the most depressing town in the entire world.

The disgraced athletes could amble through Bracknell and the residents who can be arsed could come out and boo them, the fucking losers! I suspect though that nobody actually lives in Bracknell and when the big soulless corporation offices close then the town itself closes as well.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
GB women hockey team, immense!

Quek is a tidy player
I never knew I liked hockey until last night, really exciting. The Dutch were a much better team but those British girlies defended brilliantly until the end, the goalkeeper was WOTM by a mile!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Another fantastic night with another great day to follow today to add the icing on the cake of beating Crystal Palace. We're currently heading for more medals than we achieved in London which would be some achievement. Hats off to the whole team, not just the gold medal winners. We were 6th and 8th in the women's modern Pentathalon, just in case it wasn't reported (as some of the media diet has been a little jingoistic).

Can't wait for Tokyo 2020.....without phelps and Co we might challenge USA...!! Ha ha

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Not got into it massively but that little black gymnast for the yanks is on another level.

Wtf is golf doing in the Olympics....

Were doing good tho init.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
meep meep!!
7751756-3x2-700x467.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-21_13-11-46.gif
    upload_2016-8-21_13-11-46.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 263
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Brilliant, inspiring and deserving performance by Team GB well done everyone who have devoted the last four years of their lives to the Olympics. Hats off, second best sporting nation in the world.