By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Olympics

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Dudes look like ladies! I expect everyone is watching the women's 3x3 basketball like wot I am. There is no way that Chinese team are female ladies of the opposite gender, when I turned it on I thought it must be a mixed sex competition because there was a team of girlies from ROC (dunno where that is, the commentary is in Spanish) - and a team of big Chinese geezers. WTF is 3x3 basketball and why is in the Olympics? More to the point, why am I watching it?

Last edited:
USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Do we have anyone playing in them? Hope not. Better to have a preseason with us to learn our new system

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Jade Jones out! That's a shame, I was hoping she could win her third gold. I always like the boxing, amateur boxing has always been the real deal for me, I was surprised to see that the men are not wearing head guards this year but the women are - are they trying to say that women have mushier brains than men? Apparently there has been some research suggesting that head guards cause more brain injuries as they provide a bigger surface area to thump and they can create a false sense of security, OK, I understand that, but surely that would apply to girly, female types as well?

I found out who the ROC team are, they are the Russians, who aren't allowed to be Russian at the Olympics because of all the doping bollocks. 3x3 Basketball is pony, almost as boring as proper basketball so I won't be watching that again. Some of the things I am looking forward to are the track cycling and the athletics - I really hope team captain Dina Asher-Smith or Dasher as I call her, will win a gold, she is a great role model for all young people, like me, I am also a great role model. The Olympics are great, you get to watch sports that you normally wouldn't bother with, there was skateboarding on this morning - nah, not my cup of tea, but there will probably be some other obscure sports shown that I will enjoy.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
I love the Olympics too. Well, I love the athletes, the rest of it is a disgrace. But when else are you going to find yourself watching badminton, or cheering on the 15th-best high jumper in the world just because you like the cut of his jib for no reason you can explain?

I used to be a distance runner, in the distant past, but I've always been inordinately fascinated with the field events. There's nothing purer than jumping over things and throwing other things as far as you can. Power as a minimum requirement, sure, but the technical magic is fascinating.

Oh yeah and archery and shit like that.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
So long as China and Russia don’t win the medal count or the gold medal count I don’t care much.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Didn't it seem a bit salty from the UK bronze swimmer (dunno what discipline it was) when he said it'd have nice to have competed in a "clean" race...

I don't situate they're roided up to the fucking eyeballs during their training but they'd be wankers if they weren't clean for race day...

He didn't need to say it at the medal ceremony.... next thing he'll be pulling out pf the sport indefinitely in order to protect his mental health...

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The BMX stuff was great, I thought it was a bit funny at first , grown-ups riding their kiddy's bikes, but it was really exciting. The mixed triathlon relay was good, I liked that. Rugby 7s, Boxing all been good. That huge freakish Blessing woman in the 100m women's has been booted out for HGH, she was very scary and I am not remotely surprised that she failed the test. That fucking Dasher Smith is fucking useless, didn't even qualify for the 100m final, like I said above, she is a terrible role model for children who should be taught that winning is everything, sabotaging the opposition and taking drugs to enhance your performance are the way to go.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
So long as China and Russia don’t win the medal count or the gold medal count I don’t care much.
This will be regarded as a triumph for the ROC regardless of what happens.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
What's the problem with China? Russia, OK, they are a bit cheaty, but why the hatey-hate for China?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
What's the problem with China? Russia, OK, they are a bit cheaty, but why the hatey-hate for China?
Could be the enthic cleansing that's going on...

Honestly, I can't for the fucking life of me understand why the "west" haven't done so much more to stop it... after what the world whitnessed once were just sitting back watching it happen again...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I couldn't for the fucking life of me remember how to spell Uyghurs.... lol.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
If you blokes are going to blame athletes for what the politicians do then try and name a country who should be allowed to compete. If athletes are cheating then they are cunts who should be banned, if their governments are cunts then ... What the fuck has that got to do with the fucking Olympics?

Of course China are cunts, but why are you not complaining about the countries supplying weapons to many equally appalling regimes, is it because they are red, white and blue countries?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
If you blokes are going to blame athletes for what the politicians do then try and name a country who should be allowed to compete. If athletes are cheating then they are cunts who should be banned, if their governments are cunts then ... What the fuck has that got to do with the fucking Olympics?

Of course China are cunts, but why are you not complaining about the countries supplying weapons to many equally appalling regimes, is it because they are red, white and blue countries?
I did complain, I asked why we and the rest of the civilised world wernt doing anything... and I agree the global weapons trade is a fucking huge joke...

But hey let's not derail this thread...

The mixed triathlon (watched last night on the BBC catch up iPlayer thingy) WAS FUCKING BRILLIANT.

Where was the other Brownlee though... has he binned it since he got his gold medal...?

For me the triathletes are Kings of the fitness world... to be so fucking good at all 3 disciplines is truly awesome...

And that Peety chap... balls the size of the Albert Hall and deservedly so... what an athletes he is.

How these guys can do this and dedicate their lives in the same way footballers do and then end up selling their medals and working in Asda again is beyond me. Yes lots carry on in the sport and lots coach, but once they've peaked and earned their medals they're left behind so that the kids behind them can be brought on. 3 Olympics is an achievement for an athlete, 4 is hens teeth...!!! And that's it career done after 12 years... back to Quick Fit...!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
That Welsh lady Lauren Price is a machine! She said she had three goals when she was eight years old, she wanted to be a:

1 Champion kick boxer - done, 4 times world and 6 times European champion
2 Wales International footballer - done, Captained under 19 side, 2 senior caps,
3 Olympics medal winner - nearly done (guaranteed bronze at least)

She gave up football and kick-boxing and took up boxing so she could get an olympic medal, a lady knighthood is on the cards for her I reckon - and deserved.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
That Welsh lady Lauren Price is a machine! She said she had three goals when she was eight years old, she wanted to be a:

1 Champion kick boxer - done, 4 times world and 6 times European champion
2 Wales International footballer - done, Captained under 19 side, 2 senior caps,
3 Olympics medal winner - nearly done (guaranteed bronze at least)

She gave up football and kick-boxing and took up boxing so she could get an olympic medal, a lady knighthood is on the cards for her I reckon - and deserved.
Yeah saw a mini doc about her and she is amazing...

I would not fuck about with her, she'd kill the life out of me...

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
A few nights ago I fell asleep watching the swimming and woke up with this on the TV:

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I don't get how people can say they're animal lovers, then fix all that tack and bollocks onto horses, climb on the back of their 'loved ones' and then make them do this shit. If horses danced like that in the wild and climbed on each other's backs for a laugh then maybe I'd accept it. If they want to do something brave and Olympic maybe they should have Great White Shark riding competitions. I am a proper horse lover, burgers, sandwiches, steaks - all fecking delicious.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I don't get how people can say they're animal lovers, then fix all that tack and bollocks onto horses, climb on the back of their 'loved ones' and then make them do this shit. If horses danced like that in the wild and climbed on each other's backs for a laugh then maybe I'd accept it. If they want to do something brave and Olympic maybe they should have Great White Shark riding competitions. I am a proper horse lover, burgers, sandwiches, steaks - all fecking delicious.
I genuinely think the horse should get the medal...

I don't get it... and golf... and air rifle shooting and tiddlywinks...