By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Palace (A) - PL 4 January 2023

• Thread starter The Cryptkeeper
  • Start date
The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I am very nearly at the point of not being bothered to watch.

Actually, fuck it…I will catch a replay when it suits me later on and go to a show instead.

I need to be entertained.

Palace 1-0. I just can’t see us winning.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
We need Mr Bentancur back asap and Kulu on the wing.

We'll win tonight. 2-1

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Lose this and things will start to get real ugly. Hopefully we pull it out, because I could see Conte burning the place to the ground if things go bad. Levy should either back him or let him walk. There's really no in between. I am predicting that we'll grind out a win because I am a delusional optimist.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Everything at the moment feels like the usual death spiral we've seen one too many times with managers so I can almost inevitably see Palace taking the lead at some point.

Whether or not we can turn that around and grind out a win, I don't know. One thing that won't change is that Zaha will still be a cunt.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Palace will take the lead with us failing to turn up for at least 45 mins...

On us to then do 90 mins work in 45 again...

Fuck watching this shit...

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Hard to see which way this one will go. My gut feeling is that we will win like @Yid is talking about--shit first half, second half rally--and we'll know even less about the team after the game than we do now.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lloris; Romero, Lenglet, Dier; Doherty, Højbjerg, Skipp, Perišić, Bryan, Son, Kane

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
At least there's no Emerson! Small victories.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
However, if we win, we are 3 points off 2nd place which is mad
If we win.
That's like a Mammoth, Magic Mountain to climb for us at this stage the way we are going.
Definitely not a given by a long way.

But yes, crazy that a win puts us that close to 2nd.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Son has forgotten how to football.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Gil putting in a good shift so far. Palace offering nothing

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

That was a “shot” reminiscent of Andros Townsend ..

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Not the best half of football I’ve ever seen but decent enough compared to the last few games. Here’s hoping for the usual second half improvement

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Quick recap: Palace starts out letting us have the ball, after several minutes they realize we are crap and start attacking without thought. We stagger and randomly launch balls forward. And Son had a look but it may have cleared the top of the stadium. That's all I got.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
A bit more energy in the first 10-15 minutes. But we have no plan at all going forward.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Wait, we’re 2-0 up? I am confused and scared 🤣🤣

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Gil has been excellent tonight. Definitely deserves to keep his place.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Now Antonio, that’s how a RWB should play. Not fucking Captain Calamity Emerson fucking Royal ..

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Gil was a bright spot in the 1st half, and has been excellent in the 2nd. I like the look of Sarr as well. His movement stands out and he looks very composed on the ball.