By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Paul Mitchell leaves Spurs...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Well this is not a good sign and one I did not expect to see and I (clearly wrongly) assumed it was very much all happy families behind the scenes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...recruitment-leaves-club-days-before-start-of/

Who ever gets him (Leicester by all accounts are hot favourites) will have a fantastic scout on their hands and will undoubtedly benefit from his skills and connections.

Who do we now turn to to keep the conveyor belt churning out these decent young and under the radar players that have transformed us.

Reading between the lines there was friction with Levy and he chose to run down his contract to become a free agent.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
It only took two years for him to be worn dowb

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
For me depends if poch`s new job title of emperor of everything has led to mitchell going (in which case i am not arsed),or if mitchell going will leave Pochettino wondering what is going on (in which case I am very arsed about it!).As far as mitchell`s role,well its like Baldini,signings are hit and miss,one person however clued up they are,dont make an inkling of difference on the pitch or training ground.As I said i am only worried if this disturbs Poch,if Poch is the final voice on signings then I dont see what difference this makes besides cutting the transfer commitee by one person.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Cannot for the life of me understand why on twitter,forums,some media this is being seen as the beginning of the end.I think we have mostly done our transfer business and wisely.The so called success of mitchell being quoted is Alli signed by Pleat,Toby already under poch`s spell at saints,Njie errrrrrrrr,son hmmmmm,wimmer,dier yippee,and dier was signed so soon after poch arrived,was he really in mitchells black book?a CB who mostly played FB,until converted to DCM,was that really mitchell?
FFS the guy was head scout,unless poch is unsettled then WTF is all the doom and gloom about,if it bites us on the arse it will much further down the road,and the academy looks pretty sweet so????

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/10/tottenham-georges-kevin-nkoudou-marseille-collapse

Coincidence? This is the kind of story I usually don't get too arsed about, but it is odd.
reports i have seen are there is a regime change at OM and that is what the delay change of situation are down to.There is a fair bit of Levy kicking going on,all speculation on this and that,mostly people putting the boot in cos we arent spending like others,fact is we dont have to,nobody leaving,nobody getting old&past it,yes we need additions,but this team nearly won the league,slap in the face for them if we start looking to replace them all.Janssen and wanyama look perfect for what we needed as cover competition,what we would achieve with a £30m signing?replace who exactly and with whom,if it was obvious i could understand the angst,but,some want spending to keep up with others spending.Pogba £100m???stones 47m,christsake then how much is Alli,dier,toby,vertongen worth??Pogba isnt a shadow on our midfield ATM,having seen him in the euros i struggle to see what the hype is all about?Am i really arsed if we dont sign Nkoudou ??havent seen or heard that he is a make the difference signing,TBH Son,Njie we may as well have kept aaron and given him a testamonial IMHO.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co....t-from-spurs/story-29609852-detail/story.html
Mauricio Pochettino has admitted that he is 'very disappointed' with Tottenham Hotspur head of recruitment Paul Mitchell's decision to leave the club in the near future.

Pochettino has a close working relationship with Mitchell from their time at Southampton, but that combination is set to end after this transfer window following the confirmation from Spurs that the recruitment supremo is looking for a new challenge.
"I feel very disappointed with his decision. It's his personal choice," said Pochettino in his press conference ahead of the Everton match.

"You know better than me that we have a relationship from Southampton. I feel very disappointed, but when someone takes a decision and its personal what can I do?
He is still working with us. We'll see what happens. We have to finish the three weeks working together and try to do the best business for the club. Then we'll see."
When asked whether he attempted to convince the 34-year-old to stay at the club, Pochettino admitted: "It's obvious that that's what happened. But you take your choice and personal things that happen. But there's nothing to do, only to respect the decision, but carry on working.

"He's with us and in the office and we shared a dinner with all the squad last night and he was with us. Nothing has changed for the moment. It's important that we work together in the same way before it happened."

There has been speculation that Mitchell could be set to join Leicester City in a similar role after leaving Spurs, replacing Steve Walsh who left for Everton.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I don't fcukin like this...

We will never know why as the club is tighter than Ireland now but for me this is a huge blow and Poch obviously feels the same.

If this is yet again Levy being a difficult cnut to work with it shows he has not learned from his mistakes.... yes we're in a great position because of him but we could be better in spite of him...

If Leicester get him it's a huge slap in the chops.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Doesn't seem to make much sense? Mitchell probably wanted to spend more than Levy in a nutshell? Shame in the long run, although £32m on N'Jie and Son needs to bring some reward sooner rather than later.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
I don't fcukin like this...

We will never know why as the club is tighter than Ireland now but for me this is a huge blow and Poch obviously feels the same.

If this is yet again Levy being a difficult cnut to work with it shows he has not learned from his mistakes.... yes we're in a great position because of him but we could be better in spite of him...

If Leicester get him it's a huge slap in the chops.
Tighter than what now ?? You bollox lol