By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Pellets (H) Europa League, tea-time.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I heard something about M******o adding 2 more kids to the squad for tonight's game, which will be fucking pointless (again) unless they actually get on the pitch. last week he gave the youngsters Højbjerg, Bale, Dele and Sid a chance in the drossy second half. That was very embarrassing, we should destroy a team with a total squad value of less than 1D ( One Doherty) with no senior players at all.

We'll probably win this, and M******o will be telling us all how great he is and how his magnificent tactics got us through to the next round of the EL. In the next round we will start to see real, professional opposition and if we manage to get through to the final and win it I will refrain from calling M******o a cunt for a few hours, he will still be a cunt, Ramos was a cunt when we won the League Cup, but M******o is a much, much huger cunt than Wanda.

Anything less than 6-0 tonight will make me even more grumpy than usual.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Yes to almost all of that, although i'm less bothered about the result than the style of football. I'm not naive enough to appreciate that there is a time to close a game down, but it's not when you're 1-0 up after 20 minutes against Crystal Palace or Wolves or Fulham or Newcastle and it's definitely not when you're 3-0 up against opposition that's the equivalent of Crawley Town or Doncaster Rovers.

We're 4-1 up here, playing at home. Start with a couple of kids, Scarlett and Cirkin maybe, they'll need a couple of wiser older heads around them for a bit of leadership, but zero point bringing them on with 5 mins to go.

I'm hopefully going to enjoy watching us play this afternoon, it's a free hit surely. Let's all enjoy it hopefully Sid and or Dele bags a hatrick.......

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
For the first time in years I am not going to set an alarm and watch live. The 4am start is too much for me when we are playing the turgid garbage that we are.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Now, I in no way want us to loose.... but what would the repercussions of such a result be..........?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Now, I in no way want us to loose.... but what would the repercussions of such a result be..........?
M******o would blame someone else - you probably. I reckon Pellets will be up for a game, it's shit or bust for them and as most of their players are only there as a stepping stone to the German Bundesliga they will want to be noticed. Could be a bit feisty.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
M******o would blame someone else - you probably. I reckon Pellets will be up for a game, it's shit or bust for them and as most of their players are only there as a stepping stone to the German Bundesliga they will want to be noticed. Could be a bit feisty.
If we play properly we win this easily, even if it's their world cup final in the biggest stadium they've ever seen. Good for them to have got this far and have drawn us with our history and world class manager........oh wait.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
SpursWolfsberg.png

12 Hart
2 Doherty
4 Alderweireld
15 Dier
33 Davies
17 Sissoko
8 inks
11 Lamela
20 Alli
23 Bergwijn
45 Alves Morais

Substitutes

1 Lloris
3 Reguilón
7 Son Heung-Min
9 Bale
10 Kane
25 Tanganga
27 Lucas Moura
28 Ndombele
53 Scarlett
55 Lavinier
56 Markanday
57 John

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
View attachment 1442
12 Hart
2 Doherty
4 Alderweireld
15 Dier
33 Davies
17 Sissoko
8 inks
11 Lamela
20 Alli
23 Bergwijn
45 Alves Morais

Substitutes

1 Lloris
3 Reguilón
7 Son Heung-Min
9 Bale
10 Kane
25 Tanganga
27 Lucas Moura
28 Ndombele
53 Scarlett
55 Lavinier
56 Markanday
57 John
57 - John who? ha ha
Sissoko and Winks in partnership, for forward dynamic attacking flair eh? Oh well, I've obviously become, old, gnarled, twisted and bitter......can't think why? perhaps because we've got the mighty Burnley this weekend.......... at home. i bet the lads like Ndombele must be tired out after thrashing West Ham last weekend. FFFS.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Well, we won.
Had a decent run out.
Dele & Bale showed more of what they are capable of.
Vinnie scored a couple more.
Blood some youngsters.

Let's see who we get on Friday.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Not to be mean, but that team was pretty awful. Felt like a bad FA Cup match. Was good to see Dele have a good match. Bale looks significantly better. Wanted to see more from Bergwin. He he never drags himself into the game. Just sort of floats on the edges.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Not to be mean, but that team was pretty awful. Felt like a bad FA Cup match. Was good to see Dele have a good match. Bale looks significantly better. Wanted to see more from Bergwin. He he never drags himself into the game. Just sort of floats on the edges.

Bergwijn isn’t very good. I like him but he’s no good I tell ya.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
The main thing about a game like that is it allows you 90 minutes to remember what it's like to have possession of the ball. Ooooo how good it was. Back to reality on Sunday.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The main thing about a game like that is it allows you 90 minutes to remember what it's like to have possession of the ball. Ooooo how good it was. Back to reality on Sunday.
I thought the first half was dull and we very predictable, again. The second half was better, but Pellets were 3rd Division standard so it should have been 90 minutes of total domination and entertaining football. Bale made a big difference again, Dele is starting to look good again and Scarlett looks like the real deal.

I am not getting excited yet, but maybe the 2nd halves in the Spammers game and last night and the effort against Everton show that Moron-io hasn't completely drained the soul out if the team.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
I want to see that kind of football with 2 good CBs. Done, I'll be happy then. Think it's good that Dele gets to play without Son and Kane encroaching on his space, in fact I think him and Vinny could potentially put a good partnership together.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I want to see that kind of football with 2 good CBs. Done, I'll be happy then. Think it's good that Dele gets to play without Son and Kane encroaching on his space, in fact I think him and Vinny could potentially put a good partnership together.
Mate you've gone a bit tonto.....Kane is world class, Sid is about second class atm. Dele isn't a winger cutting in like Son (also close to world class) or a 9, he floats and creates things popping up here and there, as last night showed with two great passes and a Dele special goal. I'd say he's doing what N'dombele was bought to do in the number 8 or 10 role. so he can fit in a team with Son and Kane (in my view) like this....
Lloris
Doherty, Toby, Dier, Sergio
Hojbjerg, GLC/N Dombele
Bale, Dele, Son
Kane

and that's the team I'd like to see start on Sunday against Burnley.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Also meant to say that apart form the last 30mins of the first half when we went sideways/backwards for a while, I enjoyed the game. Lamela. Dele, Bale, Winks, Sid (in the second half) all had good games and I liked the kids getting a run out. Scarlett did more in 10 minutes than poor old Bergwijn did in 80mins. Mind you they were very tired by then.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Also meant to say that apart form the last 30mins of the first half when we went sideways/backwards for a while, I enjoyed the game. Lamela. Dele, Bale, Winks, Sid (in the second half) all had good games and I liked the kids getting a run out. Scarlett did more in 10 minutes than poor old Bergwijn did in 80mins. Mind you they were very tired by then.
Yes, a few Pellets, trying to sprint back & defend, pulled up holding their hamstrings in the last few minutes.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Mate you've gone a bit tonto.....Kane is world class, Sid is about second class atm. Dele isn't a winger cutting in like Son (also close to world class) or a 9, he floats and creates things popping up here and there, as last night showed with two great passes and a Dele special goal. I'd say he's doing what N'dombele was bought to do in the number 8 or 10 role. so he can fit in a team with Son and Kane (in my view) like this....
Lloris
Doherty, Toby, Dier, Sergio
Hojbjerg, GLC/N Dombele
Bale, Dele, Son
Kane
and that's the team I'd like to see start on Sunday against Burnley.
To put it another way Dele and Vinny will become our backup strike partnership. Dele in that side (above) will get lost, struggle and be hooked at half time

You could easily switch out Kane for Vinny and Son for Dele in that team. Pick players who complement each other, there's a reason Dele has looked so lost and it isn't all a lack of effort.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Has Winks been shagging Mourinho's mrs? Why is he not playing him? Most creative midfielder we have. Oh and taxi for Lloris.
Winks has been absolute horse shit recently... I think he is at out level... but unfortunately we should be at a much higher level and have been consistently for the last 6 or 7 years.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Has Winks been shagging Mourinho's mrs? Why is he not playing him? Most creative midfielder we have. Oh and taxi for Lloris.
I wouldn't describe Winks as creative at all tbh....He try's, but he's just not up to it.